Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stealing Other People's Sieges

Dysprosium
Dysprosium
✭✭✭
Is this really the ideal situation I mean people pay for their sieges - and when running between my two sieges someone comes along and takes my siege. What is the logic here? There should be some kind of AP fee for someone to man another person's siege.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope just go with it you'll earn plenty of ap to cover or place them at alternative sites
    I'm pretty much over sieges I'll put a few of them down in hopes that others will use them anyway or change from sieging to repair cold fire trebs and balista of allies it is appreciated
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it when people take my sieges :/
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But turning them around has been the best troll since launch
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not something I like when it happens to me but what can you do about it. I've actually had someone who chose to use two of my ballistas after I died rather than resurrect me.

Someone stole a friends trebuchet over the weekend and fired it after the wall had come down, meaning my friend had to wait for it to reset before he could pack it up. It might not be a biggy to you and me to leave and let it fall apart but my friend does not like wasting anything.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    There are situations where I'll happily dump lots of siege equipment down and invite others to go for it but I do object when I place a few and am moving between them or just simply need to step away to avoid incoming siege damage and a so-called ally usurps control. The latter doesn't annoy me as much as when said siege equipment appropriater then claims the item(s) are theirs or dumbly states 'no-one was using it'.

Maybe some kind of siege engine ownership so you'd get a simple yes/no prompt if someone comes along and tries to use equipment you deploy, with a timeout/range to default to use by any ally, or you could preset any siege item as usable by allies from the inventory?

Personally, I'd prefer a system where someone helping themselves to my siege engines without permission would become an integral part of the next projectile enabling them to consider the error of their ways as they smashed into a wall, door or bunch of enemy players.

edit: typos
    Edited by Bucky Balls on September 25, 2017 5:58AM
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I encountered some problem/glitch when I was in Cyrodiil where I was unable to pick up any siege equipment I put down, basically being forced to leave it behind and move on with whatever I still had in my inventory. Didn't know others could pick mine up (just goes to show how often I venture into Cyrodiil, which is.. not often) but now that I do, I'm glad that they might've given someone else some use. Recycle! :smiley:
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with it, and I'll drop extra sometimes just for people who for whatever reason don't carry their own siege.

As long as they point it at the right thing. It's continually amazing how often they don't.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as they seige the right thing i don't care myself.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...I wanna steal enemy siege.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »
    I encountered some problem/glitch when I was in Cyrodiil where I was unable to pick up any siege equipment I put down, basically being forced to leave it behind and move on with whatever I still had in my inventory. Didn't know others could pick mine up (just goes to show how often I venture into Cyrodiil, which is.. not often) but now that I do, I'm glad that they might've given someone else some use. Recycle! :smiley:

You can't pick other peoples up. You can use it once placed but you can't pack it away into your inventory.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    lnsane wrote: »

You can't pick other peoples up. You can use it once placed but you can't pack it away into your inventory.

Lol, so much for usefulness in leaving them behind then.
    Suppose it makes sense, though, or snatching up other people's sieges would be a real thing. :/
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    I've actually had someone who chose to use two of my ballistas after I died rather than resurrect me.

There's the possibility that he couldn't resurrect you because he had no soulgems on him, and instead kept using your siege to prevent it from disintegrating due to non-use (unused siege disappears in seconds) so you can get back on it after you get a rez from someone else.

• WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate it when someone takes the siege I just took from another siege boy... :(
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • CoachPower
    CoachPower
    ✭✭✭
    There's a special place reserved in hell for people that do that...
    DC-EU-PC

Coach-Power - Magicka Sorcerer with mediocre DPS - PvP/PvE
    Eternal-Envy - Magicka Templar - DD
    -Sookie Northman - Magicka Nightblade - DD
    Eva the Whipmistress - Magicka Dragonknight - DD
    Having-A-Bad-Time - Magicka Templar - Healer
    Lady Mormont - Stamina Dragonknight - Tank
    Resolute

• Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoachPower wrote: »
    There's a special place reserved in hell for people that do that...

yeah, I call it the "random zerg"
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • mildlylucid
    mildlylucid
    ✭✭✭
    If I see an idle siege I'm gonna hop on it and fire it at the wall.
    Another day, another deathtrap.
    PC | NA | CP: 690+
    Main: Littlewill (50) - Khajiit Dragonknight Tank
    Alts:
    Bajzhli-do (50) - Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Tlanir Dro'flayn (23) - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade DPS
    Morgayne Dalodrel (21) - Breton Magicka Templar Healer
    Tumande Stormwatch (20) - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Tamdril Merilyn (5) - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight DPS
    Bjorngrim Ingensen (5) - Nord Warden Tank
    Gwynereth Bonecrusher (4) - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    i really want others help me use my siege weapons to siege the walls because it's a boring job
  • Dysprosium
    Dysprosium
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to find some happy medium. I can see some don't mind it- and sometimes I"m fine with it as well but when there are lots of siege up and I have managed to get 2 down close proximity and am running back and forth and then some noob cake somes a long and just stands on one of them it irritates me to no end- I mean srsly just standing on a siege? Go do something useful while it loads like even repair it since you stole it off me!
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as it isn't coldfire and they use it properly, I don't really care. I'd rather do something more interesting than left-click anyway.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a choice - to make it private or public...

I mean there have been times where I've got really annoyed at my siege getting stolen (new char - first time in PVP - spend my precious few AP on 2 siege - one gets stolen)

Or running low on siege - playing melee in a siege - can't really do much other than siege or vigour friendlies.. Magsorc steals one..

But on the other hand, I sometimes see loads of people (often melee) running round a keep with not enough siege.. I put up 3 on my magsorc, nobody touches them, heals me, defends them or tries to suppress the defenders on the walls... So I'm there pressing left-click on siege getting sniped left,right and centre thinking.."We really need to suppress those snipers.... I'm a DW burst-sorc. I should be making people afraid to peak over that parapet..." while looking at tanks with no range options running around in circles under the oil....

Sometimes its just a question of the right man for the job.
    Edited by Biro123 on September 25, 2017 2:09PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can uses someone else's siege that they dropped, but you can't steal it. You can't pick someone else's siege up and just run away.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it bothers me when I am running 3 or even four in a rotation and someone jumps on them randomly. It really breaks the efficiency.

I also only put down cold fire siege if I am able to stay on it the entire time. I refuse to jump off it during the cool down as long as another person can hijack it.

It is fairly ridiculous that people do that. It's simple: did you put down a siege? No? Then do not get on one.

The difference is if you are in a group and laying down siege for group members to use.

What I think should be a thing is the ability to boot someone from your siege. Press the use button and it kicks them off if it is your own siege. Nothing worse than trying to pack up and someone is on your siege preventing you from taking it with you.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new ballista is more expensive than the 5 siegerepairkits needed to bring it from nearly gone back to full health.
    If my ballista is at ~50% and theres ppl around me who look poor, i will pack it up and repair it back at base.....i fear the leechers from my own faction more than the enemy.
    I have some coldfire ballistas in my bank that survived the akaviri and the militant ordinator grind.....
  • Dysprosium
    Dysprosium
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Yeah, it bothers me when I am running 3 or even four in a rotation and someone jumps on them randomly. It really breaks the efficiency.

I also only put down cold fire siege if I am able to stay on it the entire time. I refuse to jump off it during the cool down as long as another person can hijack it.

It is fairly ridiculous that people do that. It's simple: did you put down a siege? No? Then do not get on one.

The difference is if you are in a group and laying down siege for group members to use.

What I think should be a thing is the ability to boot someone from your siege. Press the use button and it kicks them off if it is your own siege. Nothing worse than trying to pack up and someone is on your siege preventing you from taking it with you.

I really like the idea of being able to kick people off your siege- this is a win win for me! ZoS really needs to look into this- that way we can get on and pick up our sieges rather than them perma sitting on it using til it breaks or us standing around waiting for some goon to get off it.
    Edited by Dysprosium on September 25, 2017 3:49PM
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think we need further obstacles to pugs using siege engines. We already have situations where the Zerg gets to a keep just to watch 30 people stand there killing people coming out of the gate with no siege deployed because they don't carry any. Just throw it down and be happy it gets manned, better than people standing around doing nothing.
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I accidentally took someone's once because I thought it was a guildy's and there was no more room to put down my own. My guild tends to put up a lot to share and some of my members were around this siege. The guy told me to get off which I did and I wasn't on there for more than 10 seconds. He was super mad though and started following me around everywhere to harass. Like chill dude lol.

PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we really discussion "stealing" sieges?

Imo, 2 sieges siege faster then one... so do 2 people using these sieges. After all the darn things are put up for breaking down some enemy structure as fast as possible, right? And if you already think you need to put your siege on my sieges spot, resulting an ineffective siege to start with, be happy and thankfull I use my time to help our fraction win, despite your selfishness and lack of strategic thinking.

I am not even going to start about the argument of "costs" -> the darn things pile up in the inventory and jam otherwise usefull banking space. I always have to hand some of them over to guildies to make some room once in a while, especially since the best ones are for free from dolmens the "cost"-argument is less then valid, imo.
    Edited by Elsterchen on September 25, 2017 7:23PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still find it hilarious when an AD friend accidentally whispered "Stop stealing my siege you ***" when I was on my EP toon.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »

Imo, 2 sieges siege faster then one... so do 2 people using these sieges. After all the darn things are put up for breaking down some enemy structure as fast as possible, right? And if you already think you need to put your siege on my sieges spot, resulting an ineffective siege to start with, be happy and thankfull I use my time to help our fraction win, despite your selfishness and lack of strategic thinking.

I am not even going to start about the argument of "costs" -> the darn things pile up in the inventory and jam otherwise usefull banking space. I always have to hand some of them over to guildies to make some room once in a while, especially since the best ones are for free from dolmens the "cost"-argument is less then valid, imo.

3 people running 3 siege will always be less efficient that 1 person running 3 siege between cooldowns. And the counter-argument to your cost argument is that players shouldn't need to steal siege if they can just buy it themselves.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Elsterchen wrote: »

3 people running 3 siege will always be less efficient that 1 person running 3 siege between cooldowns. And the counter-argument to your cost argument is that players shouldn't need to steal siege if they can just buy it themselves.

Please elaborate on bolded part (still do not believe you manage to run between 3 sieges and operate them solemnly during cooldown of ONE siege!). And yes effective means not only just that, but with your claim of 3 people beeing less effective when using one siege each at cooldown. I really like to know how you (singlehandedly) can operate (3) sieges faster then cooldown dictates!

As said, "costs" are no argument - after all one is thrown at with sieges at no cost. However, spots to put down sieges, are limited, if you block 2 spots in which i could use to put up a siege don't whine if I use whats already there!