The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Would You Accept a Solo Option for Group Dungeons?

• RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't see the harm. Another solo option with all the achievement-related stuff enabled would also be nice. I also wonder how an option to select your team composition would work. Right now the queue forces you to take a tank, a healer, and 2 dps. There are many dungeons where you don't need a tank or a healer, but you're forced to sit in queue forever while the game finds you one. I wonder about a number of default options to select from, such as THDD, TDDD, HDDD, or DDDD. Or even options for groups of 2 or 3. Sometimes 2 people are enough for farming and they just want the queue buffs, but then that forces them to wait for 2 more people.
    NA PS4
  • Ekadzati
    Ekadzati
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    My only adjustment would be that gear drops are available, but the RNG on getting them should be upped to compensate (i.e., you must invest more time to get the drop that might arrive faster in "beast mode" or "veteran" or whatever).

The point is finding a balance that allows TIME to reward all players equally.
    Registration date: November 2013
    Geek since 1974.
    Girl Gamer since 1976.
    Granny since 2014.
    Gut shooter since forever.
    Don't say you weren't warned.
    (Now where's my cane and why are you on my lawn?)

• Ekadzati
    Ekadzati
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Castagere wrote: »
    If it were a true TES game it would of had the option at launch. So many mmo's do this and it works really well. You would be surprised at how many people play this game as it were a single player game and hate grouping with the elitist players that control all group content in this game. This is something Zos need to consider if they want more players to enjoy this game as a TES game if they care about that at all.

Well said. Exclusionary culture and mechanics are the only thing holding back the MMO; with monetization now both technically and procedurally simplified, there's no reason to continue pretending that there isn't a way to do it (nor that it should not be done).
    Registration date: November 2013
    Geek since 1974.
    Girl Gamer since 1976.
    Granny since 2014.
    Gut shooter since forever.
    Don't say you weren't warned.
    (Now where's my cane and why are you on my lawn?)

• Heroborg
    Heroborg
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, this would be great for completionists especially, it is fun to run with a group but i have waited hours for several dungeons to queue in and they never do. Also most groups run dungeons for xp and loot and those who want every achievement from that dungeon usually can't get it because they go thru it and then the group leaves instead of running again until they can get everything. Even with the newer dungeons i wish i could do them solo as queues rarely work. I've waited an hour for normal cradle of shadows on Xbox one and i was never put into a group. Either they fix the grouping tool or make dungeons have a solo setting.
    Daggerfall Covenant Loyalist
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    would be awesome if we could hire NPCs to help us in the solo dungeon instead of going into the groups with people who make group horrible.
    instead, with NPC helping us would make dungeons awesome.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Chackan wrote: »
    Well, that kind of ruins the point doesn't it?

If we didn't have already Delves and Group Dungeons which are easily soloable, sure.

But we have those. So it makes sense to have some content specifically for parties!

It really doesn't make sense. This is a product/service we paid for. Paying provides us access to the content purchased. "Content specifically for parties" when one is by themselves excludes them from experiencing content they paid for. And frankly, going into Zone Chat and getting friendly with and or begging other players out of their own time to help you through Content is a very impractical solution.

Um...you paid for the game. And you got the game. Just because you're consciously choosing to refuse to take part in one of its core parts doesn't mean the game is "excluding" you from anything. This is your own choice.

Why don't you join a guild or something? There're plenty of friendly casual guilds, go check the recruitment section of these forums if nothing else.

Or get good enough to actually solo them if idea of a group disgusts you THAT much ;)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Magdalina wrote: »

If we didn't have already Delves and Group Dungeons which are easily soloable, sure.

But we have those. So it makes sense to have some content specifically for parties!

It really doesn't make sense. This is a product/service we paid for. Paying provides us access to the content purchased. "Content specifically for parties" when one is by themselves excludes them from experiencing content they paid for. And frankly, going into Zone Chat and getting friendly with and or begging other players out of their own time to help you through Content is a very impractical solution.

Or get good enough to actually solo them if idea of a group disgusts you THAT much ;)

@Magdalina That's twice now you threw your oh so subtle hint that I'm not a good player. Don't get so content on your high horse, I am by all definitions a good player, I just don't chase the Meta in order to steam roll everything cause I'm not a wannabe jumping on the band wagon.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Magdalina wrote: »

@Magdalina That's twice now you threw your oh so subtle hint that I'm not a good player. Don't get so content on your high horse, I am by all definitions a good player, I just don't chase the Meta in order to steam roll everything cause I'm not a wannabe jumping on the band wagon.

You keep saying the game is excluding you from content you'd like to do. I've suggested you options that'd solve your issue but you seem to want to argue more than to solve it.

Also what's up with this "I don't play a meta and I'm proud of it, duh"? Of course it's totally fine not to play the meta, heck one of my early days eso friends for example only played for fishing(and left the game once he was done with it lol). But for some reason he never complained that the game is excluding him from group dungeons because he can't do them while fishing.

Edited for mobile typoes.
    Edited by Magdalina on September 7, 2017 9:09PM
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    God, this conversation is ridiculously now. "I don't chase the Meta" then shut up about it and do something quietly, child.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    God, this conversation is ridiculously now. "I don't chase the Meta" then shut up about it and do something quietly, child.

Oh look, someone else putting on their Man pants behind the protection of a screen.

dde01a7a92aa19b4972b4fb097b332686e4ba1f0771b47994b0f28c71f175383.jpg
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I mean, if it doesnt give loot, monster helmets etc, I'm totally fine with that.
    That being said, normals can easily be soloed or 2 manned.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on September 7, 2017 7:10PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    This threads just going to turn into a list of people bragging about how they can solo every dungeon on vhm

Yeah cause it's true. Most dungeons are easily soloable. The dlc ones are the only ones that give alot of trouble. No harm in it though, except development time on gutting content to make it easier could SHOULD be spent instead making new content fixing bugs... IMHO
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Love this idea. Not everyone who MMOs is into group play as their favored type of socializing, some are just in it to hang out with friends while they solo content without having to get into a whole scheduled thing or grouping with strangers.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Hell yes, if I'm going to have to grind for gear at least let me do it without having to put up with high cp pillock crowd who ground their way to max cp and now doesn't know one end of a build from the other! Also I would finally get to learn the blasted stories in these things!!!!

Pillock list... not exhaustive

None tanks and healers that ques as those roles, do nothing but get parties wiped

Bloody pvp werewolf tanks!!!

Unfortunately pvp player heavy groups in general, I know their must some good ones but I ain't met them yet... you know it's not worth it when my healer is keeping folks topped up despite them sitting in red poo all the time and I'm still doing more dps than this squad full of sergeants or whatever the hell those rank badges mean!!!

Morons who activate hard mode when it's patently obvious the group is gonna struggle as it is with its tauntless tank and dk healer rockin sodding dual wield!!! Also why do these keep turning up in dark shade two? Seriousely, this is why I use the specific dungeon option, I just don't have the patience for yet another wasted trip to that last boss...
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If you want to solo it, go solo it. No one's stopping you. Secondly, Its an MMO, make some friends damn it!
    Edited by Oompuh on September 8, 2017 6:02AM
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Oompuh wrote: »
    If you want to solo it, go solo it. No one's stopping you. Secondly, Its an MMO, make some friends damn it!

YEAH!
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted no only because you talk about disabling achievements. Even if you make it easier to be able to solo it would still be a challenge to a solo player. They still deserve the achievements for the same effort. The only avoided effort if the effort of waiting for other people, which is as much effort as sitting here yawning.
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    No
    There's group content, and there's solo content.
    Can make all the excuses in the world about people wanting to experience everything but not wanting to group with people.
    I spent two years playing almost exclusively solo. Instead of getting turned off from the game and the fact I was never running most dungeons or trials, I started to break out of my comfort zone and group with people, and do much more group content now than ever before.
    It seems like in some cases, people are achievement hunters and want an easy path to those without the "bothersome" requirement of interacting with people.
    Also, kudos to those cockier folk who like to brag about soloing dungeons as is. While impressive it is and I commend you for such accomplishments, the smug tones all over the forums from many of that elitist group is just unnecessary.

Moral of the story, if you want to run dungeons bad enough, take some initiative and find someone to do it with if you can't solo it. Don't change the system around and make the entire game solo centric.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Moral of the story, if you want to run dungeons bad enough, take some initiative and find someone to do it with if you can't solo it. Don't change the system around and make the entire game solo centric.

Thing is though you're mistaking the point. It'd be a Solo option, not centric. If the option existed the game wouldn't suddenly dumb everything else down forcing everyone to play that way nor play a much more easier content. All it would do is give those who lack the social connections or the drive to reach out, to experience the content in a manner suitable for them, so no one is directly, or indirectly barred.

People are so quick to assume the extremes of something, not to mention quick to judge those who appear opposed to the status quo. Yes this is an MMORPG, not just an RPG. Yes that means playing with others. And I HAVE personally played with others, I'm in a little Social Guild myself and we do things from time to time. If I REALLY wanted to I'd just bug them to do Dungeons with me. But that's not the type of person I am. I don't like asking others to use their own time just so I can benefit, especially when they have their own plans and agenda. And the Group Finder is barely if at all reliable. I'd personally rather experience the content and story this game has to offer at my own discretion, on my own time, with no burden to anyone else. And remember I'm using the word "personal". Even though I believe I am definitely not alone in my thinking I only still speak for myself. There would be absolutely no harm whatsoever in this being a possibility. So I'm sure you can understand why I find it so hard to see why there are people who think it's wrong or not necessary to increase accessibility for all.
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Would prefer an extra hard mode, most veteran dungeons are boring and easy. I just can't understand why ZOS should dedicate a great amount of time to solo content in an MMO. I mean the odd thing like Maelstrom is cool, but we don't need solo options for everything.
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I just can't understand why ZOS should dedicate a great amount of time to solo content in an MMO. I mean the odd thing like Maelstrom is cool, but we don't need solo options for everything.

They do it because ZOS themselves claimed ESO wasn't meant to be a typical MMO in the first place.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Druid40 wrote: »
    Alternate idea: solo mode disables mechanics that require another player to help, with no other changes to difficulty.

Alternate, alternate idea: AOE's affect anyone and everyone.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would love this option since not everyone can solo group dungeons
  • Lexifer452
    Lexifer452
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind the option. I for one like to test myself and my builds by attempting to solo vet dungeons. City of ash one is my favorite for that. There are a bunch that are simply beyond my reach though. Either because of the last boss (so many dungeons I can get almost all the way through with little issue only to be one or two shotted by the last boss repeatedly, wayest one for instance), or mechanics preventing me from continuing by myself, (direfrost keep and that stupid trap door mechanism).

I think it would be fun for when you can't get friends together to run dungeons to have the option to play them solo. Would have to call them something else though. Lol. Probably just "Dungeons". Lol.

Even when you have friends to play with though, not everyone can be bothered to repeatedly farm a dungeon even when you feel like continuing, ya know? At the least all they would have to do for most dungeons is cut some max hp off the last bosses and negate a few mechanics that prevent passage by yourself. Who knows? Maybe one day they'll do something like this. Most people don't want to run the daily pledges on multiple characters either with me most of the time. I tend to do them every day on my main with others but then I only do them again on my alts if I can solo the normal version for only one key by myself. Limits me to the number one pledges though for alts. All the dlc dungeons and most of the number twos are beyond my reach even on normal solo due to mechanics or last bosses difficulty with no one else to take agro.

Anyways, rambling over. A solo option would be a welcome addition in my eyes. As long as they don't force it on anyone who doesn't want to play them without a group. By why would they ever do that anyways, ya know? Maybe even separate solo pledges could be cool? Maybe with lower drop rates to compensate for the difficulty decrease. I doubt tt would gain a lot of support though. Lol.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I've done volenfell, vaults of madness, and tempest island and some other odd end ones as well solo on norm. Although I have done vaults of madness vet solo, not sure if I did scroll or not... I think I might have likely have tho.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Demlion
    Demlion
    Soul Shriven
    I am a new player and I play a Templer.

I am not in groups yet, but who says you can go with a group made all ready and show you do team work. They might notice you. Then they might not.

I believe you can't force it. Give it a time,

Maybe try be the same character and just tag them and see they notice you.

Cause as a new player who plays a Templar. I am not into getting a house or the ego stuff yet, if I do choose that route my Templar will help people and be there for them. He would think for them before his needs. Cause my Templar cares for protect, heal and continue to do quests and learn new things. Modest Templar.