The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would You Accept a Solo Option for Group Dungeons?

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd be fine with it.

The older dungeons on normal really are solo-able already like other have said, but the newer ones they are releasing are much tougher and require very strong builds to even attempt a solo run.

I think people should be able to experience the games story content no matter their skill level. Disable drops of course, otherwise you will kill grouping.
  • ConeOfSilence
    ConeOfSilence
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    100% yes.
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Options are good.
    Shadow hide you.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Sure, as long as you aren't getting gear or anything like that I can't see why anyone would be against it. Besides the "I think resources should be allocated elsewhere" people.
    PC/EU DC
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Extra option in your Group settings. Select "Solo" then enter a Group Dungeon with a difficulty allowing Solo play.

▪Mechanics are disabled/modified accordingly to allow Solo progression.

▪Dungeon specific armor set pieces do not drop. For fairness, good loot requires good effort.

▪Achievements earned, even from Normal difficulty, are disabled. Same reason above.

This would be considered a "Story Mode" for those unable to find groups and just want to run a Dungeon. Explain your opinions if you wish.

This game is a travesty of a MMO. id rather play a game with less people that actualy want to play a MMO and play with other people. this game has no community just a constant turn style of people who want to play a single player rpg.
  • KleanZlate
    KleanZlate
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Although I mostly play solo these days I think group stuff should be group stuff and solo stuff solo stuff. Still, if the option were there I'd use it. My answer is still no though :)
  • Guilty_Gear
    No
    I get the idea, but it seems like a lot of work for the devs to make an addition like that with no real purpose. most people just Q for pug groups in dungeons or run with guildies anyway.
    Come to me, through fire and war. I welcome you.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I've already soloed most of them. Some can't be done because of mechanics, but most can. I don't solo vet mode, but can grind the gear on most. What's next, solo trials? It isn't that hard to get one or two others (all you really need) to do normal level group dungeons.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's a mmo....
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Im all for group play but its annoying spending more time waiting than actually playing especially when youre after a certain set.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    As long as it isn't dropping loot then there's no issue, I think a story mode is a good idea. 90% of people don't even get to see the story in the dungeons because every group just wants to rush through as fast as possible.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the only advantage of this is to complete quests associated with group dungeons and unlock 1 skill point ?... hmm...

I would rather have this sort of "solo" PvE contend added to Cyrodill PvP so I could unlock those juicy 50 PvP skill points without doing PvP... ;) xD
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on August 31, 2017 2:06PM
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    It's a mmo....

Well on that basis you wouldn't even have 4 man dungeons, because 4 man instanced content is a co-op game, not "massively muliplayer" in a persistent world, things like Cyrodil, the old 40 man WoW raids, zone/world events you have in some games, are "MMO", not instanced 4 man dungeons.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Run a magplar or a stamsorc and you can solo most non dlc normal dungeons.
  • Zolron
    Zolron
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    As much as I feel this would be a good option I would personally like to see a solo option for delves !!
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    Run a magplar or a stamsorc and you can solo most non dlc normal dungeons.

Magplar or Stam Sorc?

Any class combo can solo the old dungeons.

If you can run vMSA (and all class combos can do it), then you will have no problem at all running old dungeons on normal, and frankly even on Veteran for most.
    Edited by danno8 on August 31, 2017 4:32PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Kamatsu wrote: »
    One of the reason's WoW succeeded? It was (and still is) accessibile to players who both wanted to group and those who preferred to play solo - people could log in and quest without being forced to group with other people. Many people still did group, but many, many people did each zone's quest's and the horde/alliance questlines solo. Dungeons & raids were still group-only, and the end-game zones were more in favor of grouping or following a zerg... but could still be done solo.

What you've said here is no different than ESO. You can log in and quest to your heart's content without ever grouping. You can do the main quest, all zone and side stories, the guild stories, DLC stories, and all the delves on the map, completely solo. Craglorn is the only zone more in favor of grouping, but can be done by a strong player.

Dungeons and trials are the only things that require grouping, same as wow.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Extra option in your Group settings. Select "Solo" then enter a Group Dungeon with a difficulty allowing Solo play.

▪Mechanics are disabled/modified accordingly to allow Solo progression.

▪Dungeon specific armor set pieces do not drop. For fairness, good loot requires good effort.

▪Achievements earned, even from Normal difficulty, are disabled. Same reason above.

This would be considered a "Story Mode" for those unable to find groups and just want to run a Dungeon. Explain your opinions if you wish.

Too many restrictions to vote Yes. The whole point of a solo mode, for me, would be to farm gear.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're asking for ZOS to go back and modify every single dungeon's mechanics.... I don't like the idea much considering we are talking about group dungeons.
  • Zimbugga
    Zimbugga
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, because it means so much work to ZOS. They must make dungeons again with different mechanism and it's weird if we have two different dungeons wit different mechanism in same spot in map. It will ruin whole game's mechanism. Do you want get game more broken?

Like someones said, you can do some dungeons alone already.
  • Dysprosium
    Dysprosium
    ✭✭✭
    Sure I think it would be nice to have this as an option. Yes many people here bragging how they can solo currently but let's be real- I want to solo fairly fast as if I were in a decent group running it.

I like how this has become a chest beating ego thread for some bragging how they can solo everything non vet and vet...rotflmao.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Dysprosium wrote: »
    Sure I think it would be nice to have this as an option. Yes many people here bragging how they can solo currently but let's be real- I want to solo fairly fast as if I were in a decent group running it.

I like how this has become a chest beating ego thread for some bragging how they can solo everything non vet and vet...rotflmao.

Not to mention it seems several have come in here thinking I want the Dungeons overall difficult to be nerfed outright. Doing nothing but ADDING a new optional setting that allows people to Solo a Group Dungeon like a more difficult Delve wouldn't hurt anyone. And I even included restrictions on Loot and Achievements to make those people happy.
    Edited by ArchMikem on September 1, 2017 3:13AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should modify mechanics that make fights impossible to solo. That's it.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can already walk into any dungeon to have a shot at soloing it. I am happy for them to stay as 'group' content because for the most part they are more fun in groups and the game has enough solo content already.

To make some dungeons into legitimate solo versions, they would need to remove the mechanics that generally need a second person to either free you or keep you alive - like getting chained or locked away(FG2), turned (Blackheart Haven), or pinned down (CoS). Similarly you have the two plates in Direfrost that need standing on, you can get cocooned in CoH (or picked up by the final boss).

Same people may be able to solo these but it would rely on luck as well as skill to complete all of them solo.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Im all for group play but its annoying spending more time waiting than actually playing especially when youre after a certain set.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Chackan
    Chackan
    ✭✭
    No
    Well, that kind of ruins the point doesn't it?

If we didn't have already Delves and Group Dungeons which are easily soloable, sure.

But we have those. So it makes sense to have some content specifically for parties!
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    But...that's kind of the point. You don't have friends, aren't in any guilds and aren't a very good player(yet) then you run into this group instance you cannot solo...so you go find a guild, make friends and become a better player ;) That's the very idea.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Chackan wrote: »

If we didn't have already Delves and Group Dungeons which are easily soloable, sure.

But we have those. So it makes sense to have some content specifically for parties!

It really doesn't make sense. This is a product/service we paid for. Paying provides us access to the content purchased. "Content specifically for parties" when one is by themselves excludes them from experiencing content they paid for. And frankly, going into Zone Chat and getting friendly with and or begging other players out of their own time to help you through Content is a very impractical solution.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Chackan wrote: »

It really doesn't make sense. This is a product/service we paid for. Paying provides us access to the content purchased. "Content specifically for parties" when one is by themselves excludes them from experiencing content they paid for. And frankly, going into Zone Chat and getting friendly with and or begging other players out of their own time to help you through Content is a very impractical solution.

Zzzzzzz... booorrring
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Moltyr
    Moltyr
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I would not. I realize that most new players have a hard time finding groups. Especially since just about everyone plays DPS. My suggestion is to learn how to tank or heal. You will be far more useful, have faster queue times, and are more likely to land trials groups. Tanking in this game isn't that hard, just make sure you are actually doing it correctly. As groups are not very kind to Tanks/Healers who don't know what they are doing.