Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Discover the Reaper’s Harvest & Earn Free Crown Crates this Weekend"

• sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    altemriel wrote: »
    nice this:

Want to earn some of these creepy new crates for free? Log into the game and defeat any monster or minion every day, from Friday the 22nd until Sunday the 24th of September. Note that for the purpose of this event, each day begins at 12:00AM UTC and ends at 11:59PM UTC.

Just to be sure I get it right: I have to log in every day and kill just any monster, right?

Yes, any monster. Also note that player characters do not count.

PVP BIAS YET AGAIN.

There are no monsters in Cyrodill? Go kill a wolf....and you're all set...
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I'll get some face tatoo or niceass costume, but propably I will just have worthless poisons and potions. :(
    PC/EU
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I'll get some face tatoo or niceass costume, but propably I will just have worthless poisons and potions. :(
    Two cards are always white/green. One card is always blue or better. The fourth card is random. The bonus card, which drops about once in every 5 or 6 crates, is always purple or better.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Jounin13 wrote: »
    What are considered Monsters or Minions in the game?

Simply kill any enemy that isn't another player character and you're good to go.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Simply kill any enemy that isn't another player character and you're good to go.

Hey Gina! Would you guys consider eventually adding this kind of event to our quest journal when it goes live? Perhaps even with a timer? So people would be able to check if they completed the requirement, even if it is as simple as logging in and killing an enemy.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WHEN IS THE NOCTURNAL COSTUME IN THE CROWN STORE???????

Its the first time ever in history of Elder Scrolls that you can actually adopt the look of that Daedric Prince, so I demand to know when it will be out.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I jut love that we're all confused about this :sweat_smile:
    I'm just gonna go kill a mudcrab and carry on pvping :wink:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just did that... killed some enemies, bosses... still no Crown Crate.... :(
    Is there something I am doing wrong ? Or the event did not started yet
    it is 22 Sptember 16:30 form me - that will translate to 14:30 UTC or 02.00 PM UTC in 12H format.

"each day begins at 12:00AM UTC and ends at 11:59PM UTC"
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26197

*edit*

Ok I know it now. The crates do not come right away... they are suppose to be given for free next week lol ok :D
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 22, 2017 3:11PM
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

Just to be sure I get it right: I have to log in every day and kill just any monster, right?

Yes, any monster. Also note that player characters do not count.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iwBM_YB1sE

Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

just to be on the safe side i'd recommend running a delve or group dungeon ;)
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• ValandarTheRed
    ValandarTheRed
    ✭✭✭
    "UNCLE SHEO! Look, I look just like you!"

"No ye don't. *ZAP* "
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

just to be on the safe side i'd recommend running a delve or group dungeon ;)

Pop your achievement screen, check what slayer you still have open - example

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Nature_Slayer

Kill that o:)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭

What qualifies as an "enemy"? As another poster asked, what about mudcrabs, etc.; are critters that do not start as aggressive "enemies"? Non-hostile NPCs? One-hit critters like snakes, fireflies, etc.?

Sorry to get pedantic, but when there is no indicator in the game to know when a particular objective has been achieved, and there will be no way to tell if this has been done properly until days after the event is over, it helps to be as specific as possible!
    Edited by Blackbird71 on September 22, 2017 4:09PM
  • Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be a lot of confusion about the "kill an enemy" part; not sure why. Don't know if this will help, but I'll try...

Enemies have red halos when you mouse over them.

If you are concerned that a mudcrab won't count, then kill a wolf. If you're concerned a doe won't count, kill a skeleton.

It's per account, so you don't have to be out in the wilderness with an un-geared baby alt to do this. Log in, walk 10 steps outside of the city walls, kill whatever aggros and attacks you.
    Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    Zells wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of confusion about the "kill an enemy" part; not sure why. Don't know if this will help, but I'll try...

If you are concerned that a mudcrab won't count, then kill a wolf. If you're concerned a doe won't count, kill a skeleton.

It's per account, so you don't have to be out in the wilderness with an un-geared baby alt to do this. Log in, walk 10 steps outside of the city walls, kill whatever aggros and attacks you.

Considering that the original requirement was to kill a "monster", some confusion is understandable (to use your example, a wolf may not necessarily be described as a "monster").

"Enemy" is less ambiguous, but it still leaves room for error, and as I mentioned in my last post, since we won't know if we did it correctly for several days after the opportunity has passed, it helps to be accurately informed.

No offense, but you'll pardon me if I don't take your word for what qualifies, and instead wait for an official post on the matter. If something goes wrong later, I can't hold ZOS accountable for something a random poster claimed was accurate.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering that the original requirement was to kill a "monster", some confusion is understandable (to use your example, a wolf may not necessarily be described as a "monster").

"Enemy" is less ambiguous, but it still leaves room for error, and as I mentioned in my last post, since we won't know if we did it correctly for several days after the opportunity has passed, it helps to be accurately informed.

No offense, but you'll pardon me if I don't take your word for what qualifies, and instead wait for an official post on the matter. If something goes wrong later, I can't hold ZOS accountable for something a random poster claimed was accurate.

There is a title you can earn - Monster Hunter, for the Master Monster Slayer achievement. Slay "creatures" needed for those achievements.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Master_Monster_Slayer

• Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭

No offense taken. But you can scroll back through previous posts and see several comments Gina has made to clarify this already - she used the word 'enemy'.
    Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭

No offense taken. But you can scroll back through previous posts and see several comments Gina has made to clarify this already - she used the word 'enemy'.

And if you look at my posts, I quoted that exact comment from Gina, and I asked specifically what qualified as an "enemy". Anything with the red halo is a reasonable conclusion, but I'd prefer official confirmation.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    WHEN IS THE NOCTURNAL COSTUME IN THE CROWN STORE???????

Its the first time ever in history of Elder Scrolls that you can actually adopt the look of that Daedric Prince, so I demand to know when it will be out.

Are you even 100% positive that the costume in question is actually a costume of "Nocturnal" the daedric prince and not just something else entirely that's maybe themed around said daedra? I highly, highly doubt it's a costume of the actual character.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »

It's actually a bit sad. ZOS' description was clear enough.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And if you look at my posts, I quoted that exact comment from Gina, and I asked specifically what qualified as an "enemy". Anything with the red halo is a reasonable conclusion, but I'd prefer official confirmation.

Why does it matter? Just go kill something that's red and something that's not if you're so worried about it. Takes like less than 60 seconds.
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a crate per character per day or account wide only one?
  • condumitru
    condumitru
    ✭✭
    That skeletal Guar mount looks nice! good job :)
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it a crate per character per day or account wide only one?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4511690/#Comment_4511690
    The crates are per account, not per character.
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭

Why does it matter? Just go kill something that's red and something that's not if you're so worried about it. Takes like less than 60 seconds.

If ZOS had said "just kill something red," I'd do that and not worry about it; but no one from ZOS has said that. Instead, they have said to kill "monsters", "minions", and now "enemies". Considering that nothing in the game carries any tags or other specific identifiers that tells whether they belong to this group, some clarification is needed. It matters because if I kill something "red" and assume it counts for this (and there is no feedback to show if it does), then on the 27th if I don't get the crates, ZOS could just tell me that what I killed wasn't a "monster" or an "enemy". If ZOS comes out and says "kill anything red", or "kill anything not a player", or "kill a daedra", or anything that is clear and specific, then 1) I know exactly what I must do to meet the requirements, and 2) ZOS can be held accountable for fulfilling their end of this offer. Without that clarity, there is wiggle room and ambiguity, where either I could fail (while thinking I had succeeded), or ZOS could deny rewards.

Come the 27th, if some bug keeps the crates from going out, I don't want to have to deal with customer service claiming "it doesn't look like you actually killed a "monster", so there's nothing we can do to help you."

I could always go out and kill one of everything in Tamriel, but frankly, I'm not going to have that kind of time every day. I can guarantee that for at least one day this weekend, I'll need to just log in, find a quick kill, and log off again. It helps to be sure that kill will count.

The need for this is the same reason why ZOS specified the time that each "day" will start and end; specifics are necessary in these events for the good of both us and ZOS.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, now that we're officailly railroading people to the Crown Store... looks like I'm done here.

Oh, sure you *can* get BA motif in the game... but we're going to make it so difficult that only obsessive grinders can get it that way! Anyone else will just have to buy it. Sorry.

I already sub, I already do buy crowns for furniture items that literally don't exist in game. And now ZOS wants to make us buy stuff that *technically* is in game?

Yeah, definietly not buying the next chapter. I may even drop my sub. And my credit card is still banned here for no explainable reason.

Yeah, this is where my loyalty ends.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excited for the black bears and the costumes, and the shadowghost mounts/pets. I know the black bears and costumes are re-releases, but they were released before I started playing.
    No way in hell I'm going to buy extra crates just for a 1% (or whatever) chance of getting those drop-only mounts. That's insanity. I'll get a few, though, for the other items.
    The skeleton mounts look neat, but I don't normally want my girls riding around on animated corpses. Would be great if they ever released a necromancy DLC, though.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on September 22, 2017 7:44PM
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭
    AlMcFly wrote: »

Seriously, I agree. Now we are just trollin'. Any non-player, non-npc is on the table.
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkhorse logs on during free crate event...
    Darkhorse completes writs and fills sales slots then logs off...
    Darkhorse totally forgot to go kill at least one monster!
    ...Don't be like Darkhorse
    Edited by Darkhorse1975 on September 22, 2017 9:48PM
    Master Craftsman!
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    priforce wrote: »
    AlMcFly wrote: »

Seriously, I agree. Now we are just trollin'. Any non-player, non-npc is on the table.

Show me where ZOS has said that, and we're done. So far, they haven't, and it's just an assumption. It's a technicality, but I've been burned by such minor technicalities in these situations before, so I'm asking for crystal clarity from an official source; there is no reason for ambiguity on this.
    Edited by Blackbird71 on September 22, 2017 11:19PM