The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why does the Ravager set not proc from Venomous Claw?

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm last time I checked on PTS, Ravager wasn't proccing from Jabs...
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    Biting jabs is a channel channel proc skoria.Not sure why jabs proc ravager but claw is a dot and so doesnt proc ravager.

The initial jab is direct damage
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    I was answering a question in the forums and it brought up this issue. So, I did some testing of my own with various classes and melee skills- all using the Ravager set.

Templar: Ravager will proc from Biting Jabs
    Nightblade: Ravager will proc from Killer's Blade and Surprise Attack
    Dragonknight: Ravager will not proc from Venomous Claw

At first, I thought that perhaps it was because Venomous Claw is considered a DoT... but that can't be right. Technically speaking, both morphs of Puncturing Strikes proc Valkyn Skoria (which only procs on DoTs)- so, if the logic is that Ravager doesn't proc on DoTs, ipso facto it shouldn't proc on Biting Jabs.

So what's the logic behind Ravager not proccing off Venomous Claw?

Logic? You search for logic and balance in ESO? Shame on you.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The templars have a passive called "burning light" which gives them a chance to do additional direct damage whenever a aedric spear ability does damage. Ravager procs off of this burning light effect, which itself is procced off of the biting jabs.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I think we should start at a point several steps earlier. ZOS stated they wanted to find ways to make clearer what the different types of damage mean when they changed Path. We're still waiting for that clarification. Right now it's at best confusing which abilities are doing which type of damage and why, and nothing of that is documented in game or officially. It's educated guesswork by dedicated and knowledgeable players. That shouldn't be necessary.

@Feanor
    So much this, it's hard to believe it's been like this from launch.
    I do really believe they don't know themselves which is why they are not publishing this! Bit scary that the combat team don't understand this, although it would explain all the constant issues.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Ravager is not procced by Venomous Claw, that is clearly a bug. Venomous Claw has two components, where the first initial hit should proc Ravager. For reference, i personally know that both Claw and Breath will proc things like DW/2H Bleed, Selene, Viper etc. etc.;

INITIAL HIT

- Direct Damage
    - Poison Damage
    - Meleee Damage

DOT HIT

- Damage Over Time
    - Poison Damage
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Because its poison dmg and it only procs off melee dmg. The one that gets me is flurry doesnt proc it. Now thats ***
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I just tried spamming claw on a target dummy and venomous claw DOES proc ravager.
    Does Rending Slash proc Ravager?
    Same test as above and rending slashes procced ravager.

Both were from the initial hit.

Do people actually test things first?
    Edited by Zorgon_The_Revenged on September 18, 2017 11:58AM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Zorgon_The_Revenged

I did test it- on actual players during duels (in a controlled test environment) and on creatures in the overland. It was NOT proccing for me on venomous claw.

Can anyone else confirm either of our tests? Perhaps it only procs on target dummies?

Edited because I can't spell "duel" vs "dual".
    Edited by Savos_Saren on September 19, 2017 3:00AM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was answering a question in the forums and it brought up this issue. So, I did some testing of my own with various classes and melee skills- all using the Ravager set.

Templar: Ravager will proc from Biting Jabs
    Nightblade: Ravager will proc from Killer's Blade and Surprise Attack
    Dragonknight: Ravager will not proc from Venomous Claw

At first, I thought that perhaps it was because Venomous Claw is considered a DoT... but that can't be right. Technically speaking, both morphs of Puncturing Strikes proc Valkyn Skoria (which only procs on DoTs)- so, if the logic is that Ravager doesn't proc on DoTs, ipso facto it shouldn't proc on Biting Jabs.

So what's the logic behind Ravager not proccing off Venomous Claw?

I use veiled heritance it procs 100% if you keep up the DoTs and damage. I use it in my pve heavy armor DPS build. Yes yes I use it for pve DPS so what. This game has all these sets and this set I'm comfortable with. And it's way easier to get.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does ravager proc from Rapid Strikes?

It is clearly a melee damage, nobody can argue on this, but no matter how fast I spam Rapid Strikes, I encounter 0 Ravager procs.

A bug? A bad luck? Intended?
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 19, 2017 10:23AM
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested again on giants in Eastmarch and a player character in a duel and both claw and slashes DID proc ravager.

As for rapid strikes, the only ravager procs I got were from the heavy attacks I used to get my stamina back to full. Bug, bad luck or intended I don't know. I tested biting jabs and ravager procced quite consistently and even procs when burning light doesn't (so it must also proc from the biting jabs channel/dot and not just burning light).
    Edited by Zorgon_The_Revenged on September 22, 2017 1:46PM