Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Discover the Reaper’s Harvest & Earn Free Crown Crates this Weekend"

• Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭
    1) Just want to put in my vote that ALL Crown Crate items be convertible to gems.

I didn't buy any Dwarven crates b/c the list of possible drops was huge, I only wanted a couple of items from the lists, and since they can't be converted, the rest are just dead cards if I pull them. I already have costumes I won't wear and pets I won't use from previous crate seasons. So I passed on the whole thing, and only opened my free crates. And now I have Dwemer face items I won't wear....

2) LOVE the free crates for log-ins. Great way to get people excited about the crates, as someone said previously.

3) Like someone else in this thread, I am sad the Dark Shaman costume isn't part of this season's crates. It's the thing I most regret not picking up earlier. Maybe it could be included as a possible reward for the Halloween event?

Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
  • Jounin13
    Jounin13
    ✭✭✭
    What are considered Monsters or Minions in the game?
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kynseon wrote: »
    I wish you guys would have added more costumes
    They usually add a bunch of gender-specific costumes, hairstyles, facial accessories, etc so I'm glad they didn't this time. I only have male characters so I don't wanna end up with female stuff I won't use. If only we could turn the stuff we don't want into gems but nope.

Edit: I thought the new crates had less gender-specific stuff but I was wrong, there's a bunch of lip tints, etc.

Edited by Leogon on September 30, 2017 6:49AM
  • AlvinAwesome212
    So if I may just ask. ALL players can get the crates by killing ANY MONSTER in ANY PLACE in Tamriel? And I dont have to be an ESO+ Subscriber to get these FREE crates? Does this sound right?
    Name: AlvinAwesome
    Guild: The Lunar Collective
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    nice this:

Want to earn some of these creepy new crates for free? Log into the game and defeat any monster or minion every day, from Friday the 22nd until Sunday the 24th of September. Note that for the purpose of this event, each day begins at 12:00AM UTC and ends at 11:59PM UTC.

Just to be sure I get it right: I have to log in every day and kill just any monster, right?

Yes, any monster. Also note that player characters do not count.

PVP BIAS YET AGAIN.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love to see the October Crown Showcase and if some of the other fun datamined things not in the crates are on there:)

3.1.0 Datamine

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Mojmir wrote: »
    why dont they have crates and/or the rewards on PTS for testing?

dont get to see all animations in previews

I support this idea. I could pointlessly open crates and get cool things that I can never keep. But yeah, it would give you a way to check things out.

Honestly it might help Zeni sell crown crates because if someone got something on PTS and they fell in love with it, they might go back to live and buy some crates trying to get the same item.

They don't want people to know the actual droprates though.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't care for any of the mounts in this season anyway...so I guess I'll be using my saved up crown gems to get that Buoyant Armiger Motif book... 1000+ chests opened...ZERO motifs looted...
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    FROST Crates next please. with an awesome snowflake aura

And THANK YOU for the chance at free crates (even if the mounts are ugly lol)

and I totally agree i wish ALL crown crate items could be converted into gems. I have an ugly camel mount i will never ever use
    Edited by Snowfaeriewings on September 21, 2017 9:27PM
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice this:

Want to earn some of these creepy new crates for free? Log into the game and defeat any monster or minion every day, from Friday the 22nd until Sunday the 24th of September. Note that for the purpose of this event, each day begins at 12:00AM UTC and ends at 11:59PM UTC.

Just to be sure I get it right: I have to log in every day and kill just any monster, right?

Aaaand what counts as a monster? I.e. Mudcrabs and skeevers or just daedra and undead?
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, about 0,00002346% chance to get the old discontinued pets/mounts.
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown Crafting Motif 48: Ashlander Style
    Dragon Warrior

Well I can stop doing my Ald'ruhn dailies now.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instant All Research, Major

What is this?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Eradrann
    Eradrann
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the items seem like a hit or miss to me... but free is free! Nice gesture on Zenimax/Bethesda's part I'd say. For three crates I'm bound to get something I'm cool with right? :p
    Xbox Series X - GT: VintageVinyl450 NA Player on the EU Server (always looking for help with dungeon/job dailies)Main - Eradrann, AD, Wood Elf, Bow/Bow Stamblade, 1500+CP
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    For what it is worth to ZOS, there is not one item in the "Spoiler" lists of the OP that I would want to have. Period.

Also, I have no idea what would be in either the Fine category or the Common category. I don't play the Crown Crate game.

Frankly, it's rather odd to me that ZOS has not received a cease-and-desist court order for running a game of chance which includes a proprietary "coin" (Crowns) purchased with US Dollars. Interstate gambling is still illegal, as far as I know. Maybe I should ask the local US Attorney about it. Their office is about a 20-minute walk from where I live.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • RouDantes
    RouDantes
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, man! I was really hoping the Dark Shaman costume to be back!
    Cheers,
    Captain Rou Dantes
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    One per day per account ... not character ... I'm assuming.
  • Tawrich
    Tawrich
    ✭✭✭
    I've been waiting for dark shaman costume to come back for a year now. Thought it will come with skeletal crates because it fits the theme, apparently not.
    Its a costume that is highly demanded and will sell just great but for whatever reason it just doesn't come. Guess its time to finally be disappointed, if it ain't coming in Halloween, guess it never will...
    Edited by Tawrich on September 21, 2017 11:41PM
  • ictopbasli
    ictopbasli
    ✭✭✭
    I login and killed some Wasp. Is that count? I didn't get any crate by the way.
    Edited by ictopbasli on September 22, 2017 1:01AM
    Thalmor rules!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harvest time is best time in Tamriel .
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    I have 2 questions and a comment

1. Are NPC's monsters??
    2. Pictures???

And my comment...

AWESOME!!! :D
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ictopbasli wrote: »

bad news: it seems you're not from the future
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »

Starts at 1159pm UTC... that means it's already begun... he doesn't need to be from the future. The time is now. If ZoS had not been so vague on this one it would be easier I'm sure to follow.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    swippy wrote: »

Starts at 1159pm UTC... that means it's already begun... he doesn't need to be from the future. The time is now. If ZoS had not been so vague on this one it would be easier I'm sure to follow.

But it says crates are delivered on September 27th, so event begun or not the delivery date has not arrived, so he is definitely NOT from the future...

We know this much at least
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    nice this:

PVP BIAS YET AGAIN.

Plenty of monsters in PvP zones, have at it
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lack of ambiguity from Zenimax would have been nice - like confirmation of the kill and free crown crate - rather than having to have faith we've done it.... but that's ZoS... ambiguous to the very end so they don't have to commit to anything they've said.
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Instant All Research, Major

What is this?

According to the data mining, it apparently reduces any research items you have by 7 days.

Yes, you read that right. 7 full days. Unless they changed it for the live servers. Say goodbye to year long research grinds. lol
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been looking forward to these crates.

One question though...

Are we (the players) going to see the drop rates of various things improved over last season, or have the drop rates and chances gotten worse again for us to get higher level rewards?
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buoyant Armiger in the gambling boxes already? I thought you folks only released motifs on the store once enough people got them in game. Or does it not count because it's not a direct purchase? I'm pretty darn confident that we haven't reached the point of people knowing it in-game to warrant a CS release.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Buoyant Armiger in the gambling boxes already? I thought you folks only released motifs on the store once enough people got them in game. Or does it not count because it's not a direct purchase? I'm pretty darn confident that we haven't reached the point of people knowing it in-game to warrant a CS release.
    They probably didn't want to wait the two years it would take for it to be a viable motif in game before selling it. :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."