The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Newcomer question. 3 millions gold worth Manor. How to safe up for it?

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3 million is nothing, pocket change.

So easy to make gold in the game through legit means.

Plenty of guides out there for making gold honourably OP..
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zenimax, can you please start making normal homes? like just 1 or 2 room houses for low cost?
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind as a newer player that lots of the ways to make gold fast don't do squat towards giving you CP. So, IMO, it's best to find a middle ground. For example, zombies drop lots of worms and guts, which sell on guild traders for 3000g per 200. Now, you can go and farm goats somewhere and get 200 guts in a couple of minutes... but 0 CP/exp, or you can farm zombies, get far less gut yield, and high CP yield. Getting the ratio of gold/CP right, and the yield is a matter of experimentation.

Look for areas with high node concentrations in fast spawning mob camps where the mobs drop sellable mats or possible high demand sets. Pick the nodes while killing the mobs.

MOST OF ALL... having a TRILLION gold in a game that YOU AREN'T PLAYING BECAUSE YOU BURNED OUT ON MINDLESS FARMING isn't really of any benefit, is it? So whatever you do, make it always about having fun too and not just farming. This is subjective. Am I going to do writs on 8 characters a day (or even two lol)? The H no, I already have an actual JOB. Some people don't mind it though. Subjective.
    Edited by buttaface on August 30, 2017 6:07PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing since release, recently hit 10.5 Million. Here is how I did it

1. Just do a Zone, selling all the loot you get to NPCs will net you 25K to 35K per zone after repairs after doing the content. See Number 6 for some drops.
    2. Farm a Public Dungeon, some are better than others but I can net 5K gold in 30 minutes just from NPC Drops in some of them, not counting what loot I get to sell or vendor. Some are much lower in the gold per Mob Group, so pay attention.
    3. Legerdemain, filling your bags with White, Green and Blue Loot will net you 5K to 15K or more, each day, on each character.
    4. Farm and sell in guild stores Alchemy Reagents and Mats. Some flowers sell for 100 to 300 Gold, each.
    5. Do low level crafting writs on high level characters, you get max gold and top tier material surveys if you do the surveys on a skilled character.
    6. Farm Zones for desired gear in the Impenetrable, Divines, Infused (Large Pieces), Sharpened, Precise and Training traits. Farm Dolmens for Purple Jewelry for those sets. Decon, research or vendor the off trait and green/blue jewelry.

Those are just a few ways to make gold

Note, I don't play the game to make gold, I just shed excess inventory. If I focused on it, I would have a lot more.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Denyiir
    Denyiir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you max level? Did you finish guilds quest lines? Did you finish DLCs? If the answer is no, then forget about farming gold and just play the game and enjoy it. By the time you finish everything you'll sit on few hundred thousand gold.

If you finished everything tho, then joining trading guild is first and the most important thing you should do. Second is download MM addon (PC only).
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zenimax, can you please start making normal homes? like just 1 or 2 room houses for low cost?

...those exist. Usually they run around 50-70k. But, that's honestly pretty reasonable for an account wide unlock of a home.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    The real question is why you'd want a 3 million gold house when you can do absolutely nothing with it.

Because you can decorate it, put crafting stations there, target dummies for practice, banker/merchant/fence

If you can't think of anything to do with a large house, why do you want one?
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    The real question is why you'd want a 3 million gold house when you can do absolutely nothing with it.

Because you can decorate it, put crafting stations there, target dummies for practice, banker/merchant/fence

If you can't think of anything to do with a large house, why do you want one?

Also the question is, is it better to hoard gold or to spend it?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok i got it. But how to trade? I am bad at spamming chat with WTS WTB. Using guild store. Hm. I cannot find any auction feature here. Seems like only guildstores existing.

And noone can place a contract on it like "buying 100500 ingots of salt" so i could just click "sell" I have to create my own offer and wait. Did i get it right? U have to set the best price and wait till someone buy your wares?

The best answer here would be to get into a trading guild. Probably not a top tier one to start because they require minimum sales and other things. Even a social guild with a trader in one of the out of the way spots would be a good start. If you are in a guild that doesn't have a trader you can still put stuff in the store for other guild members to purchase.

I usually list the common items slightly higher than the average price and they still sell fairly quick. Rare items I list at the higher prices. If it is an item that hasn't sold for quite a while I'll jack up the price quite a bit and hope. I'm not in a hurry to sell though so can take a chance listing things higher.

Think ahead for long term sales. During the festival where all kinds of motifs were dropping prices really dropped. I saved all the motifs I got during that event and have just started selling them. One that was selling for around 2,500 gold during the event I sold for 28,000 gold last week. When a new motif comes out there is a short span of time where you can sell it for a lot of gold and then prices will drop quite a bit. When prices drop don't quit farming the item. Get several of them then sit on them for a month or two. Eventually the price is going up again.

Most important though is get in a guild that fits where you are at in terms of trading. You can ask in zone chat for an invite to a trading guild. Just make sure they don't have outrageous requirements when joining.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...those exist. Usually they run around 50-70k. But, that's honestly pretty reasonable for an account wide unlock of a home.

or... apartments that are single room and cost like 10 to 13 k. the one in mournhold is actualy pretty big, all things considered.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, honestly I am not a new to this game, but the most gold I ever had in my pockets was 9 k(Had to buy horse)

So I am just curious how to safe money from quests, craft and other activities for this estate? I make 4k a day max. Not spending money on repairs/armour etc. Doing everything with a blacksmithing and other craft perks. So I am sure that I am not sinking money.

The questions is, how long will it take me to earn 3 000 000 if I get only ~4 000 a day. Calculator says 750 days. Or more than 2 yars because I need furniture too.

I saw people boasting that they get 500 k a day. Here is a real question: how did you earn 500 000 gold a day without CE?

Any tips? Because most of the forum threads here are useless tbh.

you need either a decent build or a decent group, then go farm bosses, public dungeons (drops there are tradable), delves, dolmens or run around and farm materials and sell it all in guild store then (if you are on pc, get master merchant addon and awesome guild store addon)

this one knows also a special move, to get lot of gold, khajiit she did it for her house (Hunding`s Palatial Hall), but not many people like it, it is working, no cheating, this one can explain to you in mail if you write her ;)
    Edited by altemriel on August 31, 2017 9:06AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

or... apartments that are single room and cost like 10 to 13 k. the one in mournhold is actualy pretty big, all things considered.

Yeah, my significant other owns that one. She's got it filled with floating books and scamps... so, I tend to stay away.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have removed several off-topic and inappropriate comments. Please keep the discussion focused on the thread topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just suggest buying it with crowns if your looking at spending months farming but if that isn't an option, level crafting, farm areas for rare drops or just gold. I would also point out the bigger houses require various achievements unlocked to buy them with gold, but crowns override that.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i look forward to the day where i will have an NPC spouse.
    in a normal size dunmer house in balmora. [not a mansion]

• lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was like you before I got into housing, I only made about 4K a day. Now I make between 60-100k/day just selling furniture. I'm in a guild trader in a main city and I pay 10k/week in dues.

If I farmed/sold my gear drops, I would make a lot more money. Blue items of a bis set sell within hours for 10k+. The problem is it takes time and effort to learn the market. I know the furniture market because it's what I do everyday. So I stick with furniture.

1.) join a guild trader in a main city
    2.) scroll through sales history and write down the items that sell over 10k
    3.) pick a category that interests you (armor, motifs, furniture, etc) and visit all the guild traders looking at what is listed in that category and for how much.
    4.) find great deals and flip certain items if you come across any. For example, I've found rare blue furniture recipes (redguard padded sofa) that were listed with all the other blue recipes for 5k. Flipped it and sold it for 90k in 2 hours.
    5.) i price my items very low so they sell fast, and as soon as something sells I travel to a bank and post additional items for sale. Never log off with fewer than 30/30 items listed.
    6.) never list something for sale without knowing the price of that item in your current guild trader as well as the guild traders around you. For example, I went to mournhold to buy a stack of heartwood. There were a bunch of stacks listed for 40k-60k that had just been listed, but there were also stacks 25 days old that were 20k. The people who listed the heartwood for 40k were lazy and didn't check the price of heartwood before listing it. They wasted an item spot because they won't be selling that stack of heartwood for 40k anytime soon.

I hope this helps you. Good luck!!
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • Barberu
    Barberu
    Soul Shriven
    Had more or less the same objective myself but not as full time focus, more like a long term goal while doing other things....

After saving 2.5 mils, i got pretty fed up and bought at 300k house to start playing with housing....

OMG, glad I did....

Except if you have already tons of mats and recipes, i spent over 1.5 Mils buying recipes and mats for the house and it is not finished yet...
    Probably closer to 2-2.5 mils though, knowing that blue and purple items, i usually crafted 2 or 3 spare and sold them.

Saving 3.8 Mils to buy the manor as the first house is suicidal... As you will probably need 2 to 10 mils to furnish it...

So answer to both question about how to save and how to buy the manor: start slow, save what you can, enjoy the journey :smile:
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    Bouldertree refuge is a great starter home at a reasonable cost. You get two snugpod sized rooms with a decent sized yard, where if you manage your space well, get creative, and build up into the air, you'll have more than enough space.

That home sells for about 200k I think. The real problem is when you try and furnish it. You need all 6 crafting at max to make the bulk of furniture, and you need a lot of motifs. The mats to make the furniture can get quite expensive too.

Achievement furnishings are very cool but very expensive. Bouldertree refuge cost me 200k but I've easily spent over 1m gold in furnishings, including crafting tables and target dummies for it.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.