The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Newcomer question. 3 millions gold worth Manor. How to safe up for it?

TheHarshWinter
Hi, honestly I am not a new to this game, but the most gold I ever had in my pockets was 9 k(Had to buy horse)

So I am just curious how to safe money from quests, craft and other activities for this estate? I make 4k a day max. Not spending money on repairs/armour etc. Doing everything with a blacksmithing and other craft perks. So I am sure that I am not sinking money.

The questions is, how long will it take me to earn 3 000 000 if I get only ~4 000 a day. Calculator says 750 days. Or more than 2 yars because I need furniture too.

I saw people boasting that they get 500 k a day. Here is a real question: how did you earn 500 000 gold a day without CE?

Any tips? Because most of the forum threads here are useless tbh.
Edited by TheHarshWinter on August 30, 2017 12:00PM
  • MirelaUmbrella
    MirelaUmbrella
    ✭✭✭
    I farm world bosses for rare weapon drops. For hours and hours.
  • TheHarshWinter
    I farm world bosses for rare weapon drops. For hours and hours.

Need more specific info, please. How, when, where and why.
  • TheCaptainJosh
    TheCaptainJosh
    ✭✭✭
    Farm Best in Slot armor/weapon sets and sell them. When a new patch drops, farm and sell new motifs. Or you can grind tel var in Imperial City, buy mats, and sell those
    AugustusGray
    PC NA
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    put points into blacksmithing -> 10, clothing -> 10 and wood working -> 10

get the keen eye equivalent on each maxed so you can see resources easily.

Also max out the tempers boost from refining on each too.

Find good places (not mine) to gather as many resources as possible, newbie zones are good.

Refine and collect the tempers, sell the gold ones and if you don't care about crafting, sell the refined mats too.

bonus points for doing it in Craglorn if you get extra nirn drops.

While doing that make sure you pick up all the alchemy mats too, they also sell well, same with the runestones.

If you think either/both are giving a good return on investments, do the keen eye equivalent on them too.

EU PS4
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like people touched on it here but really you need to be in a trader guild if you're not in one already. Then farm crafting materials and sellable best in slot gear. With this update crafting mats for armor will be huge again tempering alloys, rosin, dreugh wax, etc. Nirn crafting material for weapons will sell really well too. Spriggans gear and mother's sorrow is selling well, people will still use necropotence and spinners. Also, get your crafting maxed out so you can do high level writs. you'll get good materials from that to sell and can also sell master writs that you receive. The hirelings will bring you even more mats.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the big things is getting to level cap. As you get to higher levels your gold income from quests and items increases substantially. A CR160 Ornate weapon will vendor for nearly 200 gold.

One quick(-ish) way to make money without digging into things like trading with other players, is to run the three guild dailies (Fighter's Guild, Mages Guild, and The Undaunted's Delve "pledge"). That will usually net you about 10k per character each day (which takes roughly 20-30 minutes with practice). Beyond that, just clearing the six max level crafting writs will pay out with about 4k in cash, to say nothing of all the goodies you're handed.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real question is why you'd want a 3 million gold house when you can do absolutely nothing with it.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seedubsrun wrote: »
    Looks like people touched on it here but really you need to be in a trader guild if you're not in one already.

Also this. You can easily pull down 100k in a day without really trying, from selling stuff that people want They're getting motif pages, upgrade materials, or, whatever, and you're walking away with the cash you need for the thing you want.

Also, not that it matters much, but you can't even buy the 3.8m houses until you've finished some serious achievements. Usually completing every zone for that Alliance.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Follow the market, basically. People have mentioned farming BIS sets, which is fair, but to give you a quick example, about 10 minutes on a good pick-pick-stab rotation in Vvardenfell right now will get you a motif page you can sell for at least 20k. Not to mention you'll be picking up green, blue, maybe even purple drops that you can then fence.

I run max-level writs on 5 characters a day (well, I did - I stopped for a bit, gotta pick that back up...) and at the start of each major patch I'd liquidate most of my stock of gold refining mats. I keep about 30 per for myself, but I can easily make 1.5mm in the first week due to everyone wanting to upgrade their new gear.

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once you do (if you will ever do) endgame contend, you will automatically get a few thousand a day just from quests and stuff. For example doing a veteran trial gives you like 10-15k, doing hardmode another 10k and so on. Daily quests give you like 1k each. In PvP you also get a bit of gold for everything, though less then in PvE. All that gold is more then enough to buy everything you need for your character and do some housing. But to make multiple million you will have to trade. Get into a good trading guild, buy/farm and sell stuff.

And with furniture you would probably need far over two years to buy a big house with only 4k a day. I personally spent over 7 million on my house already.

If you want to get into trading, my tip is:
    - get Master Merchant or a equivalent addon
    - get Awesome Guildstore or a equivalent addon
    - search trough guildtraders in bad spots for things that are sold far too cheap
    - sell them cheap (but not as cheap) at a good guildstore
    Edited by FakeFox on August 30, 2017 1:56PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thieving: Pickpocketing and robbing lockboxes, and then discarding all white items before laundering will earn you at least 14k per day, once you have max level in those passives. And you'll get a ton of recipes and mats to use or launder.

Hirelings: Get all the hirelings at max level. The mats they send you are valuable. You can check in twice a day for free stuff.

A good trading guild will make much more from items and raw mats, but you can also just stand on a rock in town and shout, and some people will buy from you.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do crafting writs on multiple character, that give me 4k per character and a handful of golden tempers. Mats in general are always a good way to farm gold.
    If youre pvping, ap boxes can be useful, too. Its also rng based, but if you already have ap its can be a good choice. If you dont want to gamble, ordinator motifs sell well.
    New Morrowind motifs also sell quickly, and can be farmed by pickpocketing and killing npcs in Vvardenfell (always pickpocket twice, then kill - this way youll get all possible loot).
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, honestly I am not a new to this game, but the most gold I ever had in my pockets was 9 k(Had to buy horse)

So I am just curious how to safe money from quests, craft and other activities for this estate? I make 4k a day max. Not spending money on repairs/armour etc. Doing everything with a blacksmithing and other craft perks. So I am sure that I am not sinking money.

The questions is, how long will it take me to earn 3 000 000 if I get only ~4 000 a day. Calculator says 750 days. Or more than 2 yars because I need furniture too.

I saw people boasting that they get 500 k a day. Here is a real question: how did you earn 500 000 gold a day without CE?

Any tips? Because most of the forum threads here are useless tbh.

Be a top tier trader.
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    The real question is why you'd want a 3 million gold house when you can do absolutely nothing with it.

This is a good question, actually.
    Large houses desperately lack item slots and since they are only good for decorating (dummy and crafting stations can fit in any cheap house anyway), its a huge downside.

PC/EU
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Large houses desperately lack item slots and since they are only good for decorating (dummy and crafting stations can fit in any cheap house anyway), its a huge downside.

Not to mention, locked behind DLC and not only that....DLC Vet clears X 2.

I was all excited about getting the house in Falkreath. Completely squashed. Pugs have zero chance on Vet.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you really wanted to you can add IC sets to your house or other really out of the way ones
  • Tr4gicDe4th
    Tr4gicDe4th
    ✭✭✭
    Don't buy the High whatever manor before you preview it. the interior of the house is small and ugly tbh
    Xbox One - NA
    Gamertag: Tr4gicDe4th

***Need unwanted motifs for my crafter***
  • PieMaster1
    PieMaster1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like people touched on it here but really you need to be in a trader guild if you're not in one already.

Also this. You can easily pull down 100k in a day without really trying, from selling stuff that people want They're getting motif pages, upgrade materials, or, whatever, and you're walking away with the cash you need for the thing you want.

Also, not that it matters much, but you can't even buy the 3.8m houses until you've finished some serious achievements. Usually completing every zone for that Alliance.

Lol, filthy peasants working for gold. Ahh..The perks of having a lot of money that isn't my parents' ;)
    Edited by PieMaster1 on August 30, 2017 3:18PM
  • PieMaster1
    PieMaster1
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol, dirty peasants working for gold. Ahh..The perks of having a lot of money that isn't my parents' ;)

Sorry that I posted it twice. I am using my thrice as expensive phone and yet the internet still hasn't perfected formatting :(

But seriously though, I pressed send and it registered two times because I am an impatient ***
    Edited by PieMaster1 on August 30, 2017 3:18PM
  • TheHarshWinter
    Ok i got it. But how to trade? I am bad at spamming chat with WTS WTB. Using guild store. Hm. I cannot find any auction feature here. Seems like only guildstores existing.

And noone can place a contract on it like "buying 100500 ingots of salt" so i could just click "sell" I have to create my own offer and wait. Did i get it right? U have to set the best price and wait till someone buy your wares?
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also you can zombie farm chests in vvardenfel for gold

FLGLKeQ.jpg
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How I earned my first 5 digits of gold in ESO:
    I read from Deltia's site about Craglorn and Nirncrux materials and that they sell well. I went there and farmed for God knows how long. Then I went to Reaper's march and wrote to zonechat "WTS potent and fortified nirncrux" - then I got a whisper from a guild leader who was willing to buy my stocks, but when I told how much of 'em I gathered, he sent me an invitation to his trade guild. After a week I had sold my stash and my hoarding earned me something like 500k gold.

Nowadays I farm materials and motifs to sell and sell some stacks of mats from my bag. Craglorn is still a great place to farm, but there are other places where you can farm more materials than Craglorn. I sell my mats raw, because I think selling raw earns you more gold than trying to wrestle with RNGesus.

Oh, and I also do my dailies on a single character (because I'm too lazy to level alts) - you get master writs and gold upgrading materials that gives you something valuable to sell.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was all excited about getting the house in Falkreath. Completely squashed. Pugs have zero chance on Vet.

I've pugged both on vet and cleared them as both a healer and a dps.

Housing may not be everyone's cup of tea but the notion that you can do 'absolutely nothing with it' as the person at the top of this quote chain implied is personal and does not hold true to everyone.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's mostly farming. You want to be cp 160+ for top level sets and max out crafting for better mats/writ drops, then you can farm mats out in the wild(also don't forget to do your writs(gold for completion+tempers to sell+possibly master writs to sell), farm open world sets(I think Necropotence and Spinner still should sell well...you could just check traders though/ask people in trade guilds), farm motifs/furniture blueprints(Vvardenfell chests/tombs/npcs are good for that for example) etc etc. If you pvp you can buy golden jewelry at Gold Vendor or/and zone set boxes, etc.

If you aren't in a trade guild, I'd highly recommend joining one because like you said, spamming wtb/wts gets boring pretty fast. Ask in zchat, check guild recruitment section on forums, ask your in-game friends if they can get you into one etc. On PC NA at least it's not very hard to get into a trade guild with a trader.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind doing all six max level writs on one character is 4k day alone just in the quest reward gold.

Doing it on multiple characters daily adds up quickly.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Keep in mind doing all six max level writs on one character is 4k day alone just in the quest reward gold.

Doing it on multiple characters daily adds up quickly.

Yeah, and its really fast with the addon. :)

PC/EU
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I fish and fish a lot because I enjoy it. You also get perfect roe from skinning your fish. That roe goes for almost 10k, but you get a average 1 per 100 fish. Not great odds, but works for me. I don't miss a pool I find while questing either. Just a idea.
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the islan house and i host duel tournaments in there i have a nice setup plus you get wayyyyyy better fps in house than in a populated area.

Plus the big houses hold almost 30 people.
    I love housing one of my favorite things they added to this game

• Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    put points into blacksmithing -> 10, clothing -> 10 and wood working -> 10

get the keen eye equivalent on each maxed so you can see resources easily.

Also max out the tempers boost from refining on each too.

Find good places (not mine) to gather as many resources as possible, newbie zones are good.

Refine and collect the tempers, sell the gold ones and if you don't care about crafting, sell the refined mats too.

bonus points for doing it in Craglorn if you get extra nirn drops.

While doing that make sure you pick up all the alchemy mats too, they also sell well, same with the runestones.

If you think either/both are giving a good return on investments, do the keen eye equivalent on them too.

This is a really good advice, take it :) But you may want to avoid Craglorn unless it's down time because there are a LOT of people down there doing the same thing. In the end you may end up making less money because there just aren't enough things to harvest.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

I've pugged both on vet and cleared them as both a healer and a dps.

Housing may not be everyone's cup of tea but the notion that you can do 'absolutely nothing with it' as the person at the top of this quote chain implied is personal and does not hold true to everyone.

The group finder generally stinks for me as a tank. I get put in groups where the tank bails and three dummies remain.

I'm sure it's possible but getting the wrong people so far.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart