The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Discover the Reaper’s Harvest & Earn Free Crown Crates this Weekend"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
508139f3ab42207e4d817c61da8e0109.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Introducing the Discover the Reaper’s Harvest and Earn Free Crown Crates this Weekend! blog article.

The Reaper's Harvest Crown Crate season looms, and the visage of death rises like an ominous constellation!

Here's a full list of all the new rewards contained in the Reaper’s Harvest Crown Crates:

Apex rewards
Cinder Wolf
Frost Draugr Senche
Plague Husk Horse
Resplendent Sweetroll
Skeletal Bear
Skeletal Camel
Skeletal Guar
Skeletal Horse
Skeletal Senche
Skeletal Wolf

Legendary rewards
Banner of Sheogorath
Black Bear
Black Bear Cub
Bull-Heart Skull Sallet
Cinder Mask
Crown Crafting Motif 36: Dark Brotherhood Style
Crown Crafting Motif 47: Buoyant Armiger Style
Crown Crafting Motif 48: Ashlander Style
Dragon Warrior
Grand Gold Coast Experience Scroll
Instant All Research, Major
Kagouti
Murderous Strike
Senche-Lioness
Sheogorath Costume
Stag-Heart Skull Sallet
Statue of Sheogorath, the Madgod
Tapestry of Sheogorath
Winterhold Blizzard Hood

Epic rewards
Death Grin Body Tattoo
Death Grin Face Tattoo
Inkwing Death Crow Body Tattoo
Inkwing Death Crow Face Tattoo
Karthwolf Body Tattoo
Karthwolf Face Tattoo
Major Gold Coast Experience Scroll
Pirate First Mate’s Outfit
Pirate Sash and Bandolier Garb
Pirate Swab Outfit
Shadowghost Guar
Shadowghost Pack Wolf
Shadowghost Senche-Panther
Summit Lord’s Silken Robes
Swarm of Crows
Whisperweft Gala Wear

Superior rewards
Azure Sky Blue Lip Tint
Colovian Badger
Crow’s Calling
Darloc Brae Beast Mask
Death Grin Skull Mask
Dominion Cult Body Tattoo
Dominion Scout
Dragon Cult Body Tattoo
Dragon Cult Face Tattoo
Dreadhorn Body Tattoo
Dreadhorn Face Tattoo
Jaqspur
Nocturnal Indigo Lip Tint
Northern Lynx
Sanguine’s Rose Red Lip Tint
Serpentine Interlace Body Tattoo
Serpentine Interlace Face Tattoo
Wood Elf Vanguard

The Fine reward category remains unchanged. For the Common reward category, the Crown Invisibility Potion was removed and the Swift Survivor Potion was added.

Are you hoping to score a specific spooky item out of the Reaper’s Harvest Crown Crates? Tell us what it is in the comments below, or on Twitter at TESOnline!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn... these look amazing.

I'm guessing the extremely rare ones are once again not purchasable with gems? (grrr ZOS)

Some nice returning items as well, looks like a strong season.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • kynseon
    kynseon
    ✭✭✭
    I wish you guys would have added more costumes
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nice this:

Want to earn some of these creepy new crates for free? Log into the game and defeat any monster or minion every day, from Friday the 22nd until Sunday the 24th of September. Note that for the purpose of this event, each day begins at 12:00AM UTC and ends at 11:59PM UTC.

Just to be sure I get it right: I have to log in every day and kill just any monster, right?
  • TERMINAT0R_XVII
    TERMINAT0R_XVII
    ✭✭✭
    HA LOL!!!!!!!!! ZOS JUST GAVE THESE BOUYANT ARMIGER FARMERS A BLACK EYE!!!! YAAAAAYYYYYYY
    Xbox one NA server
    Current CP level: 481
    Main= Clan-Mother Ra'Zaria: Khajiit Dragonknight EP (Toxic Shock Build)
    Hlevala Redoran: Dark elf Sorcerer DC (Daedric Sorcerer Build)(race subject to change)
    Tsudajiti-Ri: Level 23 Kajiit Nightblade AD (Magicka, 3 hit ko Build)
    Tulara Ayrenn: High Elf Templar DC (Right Hand of Mara Build)
    One-Who-Breaks-Mountains: Argonian Templar EP (Left Hand of Mara Build)
    Lillca Boulder-Child: Nord Dragonknight EP (Indominable Tank Build)(no purge)
    Logranka-Gra-Orsinium: Level Orc Dragonknight AD (Volcanic Incineration Build)
    Nivinora Night-Hollow: Wood Elf Nightblade DC (Jaqspur Build)(bow abilities only)
    High Queen Atmorra: Level 10 Redguard Templar EP (Tireless Stamplar)
    Rakkiza Mane-Sister: Level 7 Khajiit nightblade DC (in progress)
    Vavakra Telvanni: Level 36 Dunmer Warden AD (in progress) (race subject to change)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    altemriel wrote: »
    nice this:

Want to earn some of these creepy new crates for free? Log into the game and defeat any monster or minion every day, from Friday the 22nd until Sunday the 24th of September. Note that for the purpose of this event, each day begins at 12:00AM UTC and ends at 11:59PM UTC.

Just to be sure I get it right: I have to log in every day and kill just any monster, right?

Yes, any monster. Also note that player characters do not count.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a pleasant surprise. I just came back for a quick lurk of the forums but I will definitely update my launcher to get on this weekend.

I also wanted to say that I appreciated how you put a link in the article so people can easily check what time the event starts for them.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on September 21, 2017 1:23PM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some PvE love, nice.

I'm just wondering when it actually starts. since i'm currently at UCT+2 does it start on friday at 2 am? Or on Saterday at 2 am? Or on Thursday at 2 am.

Timezones, such kitten.
    Edited by DBZVelena on September 21, 2017 1:27PM
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we get pictures of the cosmetic rewards?
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DBZVelena wrote: »
    Some PvE love, nice.

I'm just wondering when it actually starts. since i'm currently at UCT+2 does it start on friday at 2 am? Or on Saterday at 2 am? Or on Thursday at 2 am.

Timezones, such kitten.
    @DBZVelena it will be tomorrow morning (tonight) 2AM for you. So you can log in any time after 2AM tomorrow and claim the first one.
    So just get up normally and kill something.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is Crown Crates done right. I was just saying to my guy last night that there wouldn't be *quite* so much bad will towards Crown Crates if you could also regularly earn them in-game, without shelling out real money with absolutely no promises of getting anything you want for that money.

I'm still not on board with Crown Crate stuff you can't buy with Crown Gems--that "you gotta gamble with your paycheck till you get what you want" BS doesn't sit well with me at all from a personal moral perspective. But being able to get Crates by doing certain in-game activities that don't require your bank account is something I'm cool with. And it would be even cooler if it were a regular thing, perhaps something you can get for some daily quests or world bosses or something like that. Something that would keep players active in places that otherwise tend to get abandoned when all the achievements are earned and a new DLC or "Chapter" comes out!

(And yes, the free Crates would tempt some people into actually buying Crown Crates, which is the entire point of these free Crates, let's be honest here.)
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on September 21, 2017 1:34PM
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Damn... these look amazing.

I'm guessing the extremely rare ones are once again not purchasable with gems? (grrr ZOS)

Some nice returning items as well, looks like a strong season.

Looks like it, they're called out in the article. Good thing for me they're in the category of "wouldn't complain if I got one, have no desire to hunt for one".

I'm wondering what a "Murderous Strike" is... is that a memento? Or is it supposed to read "shrike" which would make sense for the spoopy theme? Not trying to be a knob, genuinely curious.
  • Uzmati
    Uzmati
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like i'll have $0 on my wallet this next 3 months HAHAHAHAHA
    altemriel wrote: »
    nice this:

Yes, any monster. Also note that player characters do not count.

Any monster of ANY map?
    (EU)
    Jeeraxith, Argonian Sorcerer - Priest of the Dead, Healer and Thunder-Caller
    Olor-a-Sangre-y-Pino, Nord Warden - Ice-Caller, Nature-Brother and Werebear
    Ja'Goru, Khajiit Templar - Apparently fat, harmless, and carefree trader
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is Crown Crates done right. I was just saying to my guy last night that there wouldn't be *quite* so much bad will towards Crown Crates if you could also regularly earn them in-game, without shelling out real money with absolutely no promises of getting anything you want for that money.

I'm still not on board with Crown Crate stuff you can't buy with Crown Gems--that "you gotta gamble with your paycheck till you get what you want" BS doesn't sit well with me at all from a personal moral perspective. But being able to get Crates by doing certain in-game activities that don't require your bank account is something I'm cool with. And it would be even cooler if it were a regular thing, perhaps something you can get for some daily quests or world bosses or something like that. Something that would keep players active in places that otherwise tend to get abandoned when all the achievements are earned and a new DLC or "Chapter" comes out!

(And yes, the free Crates would tempt some people into actually buying Crown Crates, which is the entire point of these free Crates, let's be honest here.)

exactly!!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has a theoretical question.

Should a Pocket Technician be rudely interrupted at work by the pocket owner and then violence results - will this count?

Also the Blade of Woe - this will count no?

Theoretical of course. Khajiit does not get caught ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome, thank you :)
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was hoping you add the Dark Shaman costume... it would fit the theme of this season perfectly :disappointed:
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yours with (empty) paws (that would never touch an item that doesn't belong to Khajiit)
    Santie Claws

;)

I'd trust her!
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on September 21, 2017 1:51PM
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question... to stop the confusion of last time...

is it the act of logging in that will count us in, or the act of killing.

For me this "starts" at 6pm. So if I log in at 5:45pm and kill at a monster at 6:30. Does it count... or not? Since I didn't "log in after 6pm"
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn't it five crates last time just for logging in?

Now I have to log in and kill a mob and only three crates?

What's the next step? One crate for a world boss?

Lol - I'm being a little facetious of course, it's great that there is an opportunity the earn some free ones, but I'm not going to applaud the appetizer too much :D

Nixhound vol 2 commence! Taking bets on what the Nixhound will be.

Feedback to the season in general - looks great, but of course now with the datamined next "fire" season I might just wait for that one.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not bad... Kinda lacking on the costumes but whatever
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are those first 3 apex mounts the super rare ones? Like the ebon dwarven senche etc.?
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    What kind of monsters do we need to fight?
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    Nixhound vol 2 commence! Taking bets on what the Nixhound will be.

Don't say the N-word!! You'll curse us all!

DOOOOOOOOOM

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Question... to stop the confusion of last time...

is it the act of logging in that will count us in, or the act of killing.

For me this "starts" at 6pm. So if I log in at 5:45pm and kill at a monster at 6:30. Does it count... or not? Since I didn't "log in after 6pm"
    The act of killing the monster is what counts.

Nic727 wrote: »
    What kind of monsters do we need to fight?
    Any monster anywhere, as long as it's not a player character. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why dont they have crates and/or the rewards on PTS for testing?

dont get to see all animations in previews
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    DBZVelena wrote: »
    Some PvE love, nice.

Timezones, such kitten.
    @DBZVelena it will be tomorrow morning (tonight) 2AM for you. So you can log in any time after 2AM tomorrow and claim the first one.
    So just get up normally and kill something.

Thank you, you have been extremely helpful. I was getting all confused.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That is all.

Edit:
    Crown Crafting Motif 36: Dark Brotherhood Style
    Crown Crafting Motif 48: Ashlander Style

Did they really mean to include Dark Brotherhood Style? It would make more sense to include Morag Tong here...

Edited by CGPsaint on September 21, 2017 2:19PM
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean the Daemon Masks, the Plague Doctor Hat and Haunted House Cat will be crown store purchases instead?
    Didn't see them in the lists.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a weekend I'm away working God Damn it!!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

That is all.

Does this mean the prices will drop lol