Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which Prince's plane should get the Coldharbour treatment?

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If ZOS decides to add another full-sized zone dedicated to showing us a Daedric Prince's realm, which would you most anticipate?
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Jacen_Veron
    Jacen_Veron
    ✭✭✭
    It will be Mephala's realm.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be Mephala's realm.

To clarify a little the question isn't which realm has been discussed as under development, but which one you most want to be a large zone like Wrothgar or Vvardenfell as opposed to a smaller map like Hew's Bane or the Gold Coast. Of course, if you want hers more than any other to be large that's a fine choice.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Krogmo
    Krogmo
    ✭✭✭
    That's a hard question and difficult to answer. I'd like to enter all of the deadric realms, but sadly it wouldn't make a lot of sense for the most of them.

Malacaths realm is pretty much a plane with a lot of ash and formless things walking around.

Vaerminas realm is always changing to something more terrifying than before (pretty much impossible to do, but i'd like to see it ^^)

Azuras realm is always said to be beatiful, but blurry so you can't see anything.

I'd like to visit Meridias plane, but I don't think they'd do this since she helped us defeat Molag Bal and isn't a villain at all.

I wouldn't like to see the realms already covered in other games, that means no deadlands, shivering isles or apocrypha or whatever it was called.

I think we already got to see a small part of Nocturnals realm in the public dungeon with the talking ravens (maybe I'm mistaken). The dungeon wasn't really good looking, but I think they could rework it in something better.

Maybe also the realms of Clavicus and Sanguine.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krogmo wrote: »
    That's a hard question and difficult to answer. I'd like to enter all of the deadric realms, but sadly it wouldn't make a lot of sense for the most of them.

Malacaths realm is pretty much a plane with a lot of ash and formless things walking around.

Vaerminas realm is always changing to something more terrifying than before (pretty much impossible to do, but i'd like to see it ^^)

Azuras realm is always said to be beatiful, but blurry so you can't see anything.

I'd like to visit Meridias plane, but I don't think they'd do this since she helped us defeat Molag Bal and isn't a villain at all.

I wouldn't like to see the realms already covered in other games, that means no deadlands, shivering isles or apocrypha or whatever it was called.

I think we already got to see a small part of Nocturnals realm in the public dungeon with the talking ravens (maybe I'm mistaken). The dungeon wasn't really good looking, but I think they could rework it in something better.

Yeah, this is mostly where I end up. I mean, revisiting places like Apocrypha or The Shivering Isles could be entertaining, but I'm not sold on the idea of an entire zone.

Incidentally we do see fragments of Vaermina's realm in Stormhaven, and The Deadlands (Mehrunes Dagon) on Auridon, in Rivenspire, and in City of Ash. We've poked our noses into a bunch of different daedric realms along the way. But, asking for an entire zone?

Honestly, I'm not sure. Kinda looking forward to Mephala's realm, which I didn't expect. But, beyond that, nothing really reaches out and grabs me.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose, if you twisted my arm, the Hunting Grounds would be kinda neat.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Second this.

I'd like to see the Ashpit; the Ashen Forge sounds cool. Or maybe Peryite's realm; we never seem to hear much about him.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose, if you twisted my arm, the Hunting Grounds would be kinda neat.

Yeah, but, I have the depiction of that place from one of the Elder Scrolls novels in my head. One of the better parts of those books. I suspect we would all need to lower our expectations a bit given what is possible in a MMORPG.

I've got a bit of a fascination with Peryite since he is the most poorly depicted/characterized of the Princes, yet also called one the weakest. Nonetheless, the speculation that he is the one who keeps the rest of the Daedric powers not counted as Princes in line gives lots of possibilities for plot plus we have no idea what his realm ought to look like. If the player info on his realm is right, it shouldn't even be possible to enter under normal circumstances, but I doubt that would stop ZOS. Alternatively, his role as bouncer for the lesser Daedric powers might mean encountering him in the realms of those powers.

I know Peryite is seen as evil, yet disease is part of the natural order, so there could be some fun philosophical angles to the plot as well.

Well, we've only really gotten in-depth in Coldharbour for ESO. And even then, that's only one part of it seen from one perspective. Shivering Isles I would agree about in terms of urgency, even though the part we see in a new ESO zone (i.e. not the areas from the Mages Guild story or the Oblvion DLC) could be amazingly different and fun, especially if characters we meet in ESO are sent there by the player (like that mad mayor or the head of the Mages Guild). Also agree on the Deadlands if we have limited choices for getting full Oblivion zones. (However, I would NOT be opposed to ZOS doing full zones for all Princes.)

Apocrypha I am not high on because even though we barely saw it in another game, it was boring. The version needed to make it worthwhile in this game would need to be very different, and honestly its master is dull.

Meridia's realm, aside from what little we see in ESO, could be fun with the right plot, like something going wrong in her realm, which would work well as a never-ending maze. Same in terms of plot for Azura. Azura's plane would be fun in terms of the graphics. If you everything was a dreamy kind of beautiful blurry from a distance but somewhat clearer up close, it would match the lore without giving people a headache to look at. And even with we don't get the full realm for Azura I'd still like to see that visual in a smaller portion of her plane.

Malacath's Ashpits could be like a cross between the Deadlands and Coldharbour, with a supposed garden hidden in the center. It could make a suitable realm for a typical MMORPG experience but it would almost certainly have a plot tied in some way to the Orcs so that is kind of limiting.

The realm of Clavicus Vile sounds dull.

Boethia might have a suitable plane but it sounds like Deadlands Part II. Again, it could provide a suitable location for a typical MMORPG type adventure, but the depiction would need to be well-though out. For example, since deception is the name of the game, lots of illusions or false appearances and shifting elements.

You might be right about Evergloam being in ESO, but how do you spruce up a place that's supposed to be emotionally pale and hollow?

Namira's Scuttling Void could be an amazing option depending on her connection to the Dro-m'Athra. The line from Words of Clan Mother Ahnissi to her Favored Daughter has lots of potential: "And Fadomai gave birth to Lorkhaj, the last of her litter, in the Great Darkness. And the Heart of Lorkhaj was filled with the Great Darkness. And when he was born, the Great Darkness knew its name and it was Namiira."

Quagmire could also be great as you point out, especially since Vaermina has a grudge against the Vestige anyway. Could be very cool with the clever use of phasing to match the plot to the elements in and appearance of the environment.

Sanguine's realm doesn't offer much as whole picture, so instead I'd prefer it's myriad pockets simply show up more often in the game giving us lots of different depictions.

Edited by tinythinker on September 10, 2017 10:37PM

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sanguine's realm doesn't offer much as whole picture, so instead I'd prefer it's myriad pockets simply show up more often in the game giving us lots of different depictions.

Yeah, in retrospect, Sanguine's realm would have been a good stop off point for the Jester's Festival. Maybe some other seasonal events as well.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apocrypha I am not high on because even though we barely saw it in another game, it was boring. The version needed to make it worthwhile in this game would need to be very different, and honestly its master is dull.

If we go here in ESO I suspect we'd run into Morian Zenas, seeing as ZOS has expanded on his backstory a bit. That would be cool. I would hope they'd add more types of Daedra though. (Actually that goes for all the realms of Oblivion, and ideally the new types are more interesting then a humanoid shape with a new skin and different configuration of horns/tatoos. I might be asking for too much with that though. :P)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If we go here in ESO I suspect we'd run into Morian Zenas, seeing as ZOS has expanded on his backstory a bit. That would be cool. I would hope they'd add more types of Daedra though. (Actually that goes for all the realms of Oblivion, and ideally the new types are more interesting then a humanoid shape with a new skin and different configuration of horns/tatoos. I might be asking for too much with that though. :P)

Yeah, some new mob models (not reskins!) would be cool, and yeah, probably too much to ask...

• KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She helped us defeat molag bal but that doesnt mean she isnt a villian. Remember the daedric princes all have unknowable reasoning for why they do things. Her goal whatever it may be lined up with us defeating bal and saving her followers in coldharbour. Now that bal was defeated and our souls returned it is quite possible that her goals go against our own in the future.

Speaking of which, we can presume that it was Meridia that stole Darien away at the end of the coldharbour questline. The note in Wrothgar alludes to this. And in the gold coast that one lady(forgot her name) was searching for a way to bring him back. With the last Alyied king dead meridia may be trying to use Darien as a new "champion" and there could be an entire dlc about stopping that and perhaps even submitting Cadwell as champion of Meridia instead
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of which, we can presume that it was Meridia that stole Darien away at the end of the coldharbour questline. The note in Wrothgar alludes to this. And in the gold coast that one lady(forgot her name) was searching for a way to bring him back.

Gabrielle Benele is the lady you're thinking of. And the above is true; they keep hint-dropping about Darien so our odds of going back to the Colored Rooms are actually quite good.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Is it rumor I wonder, or truth, that Meridia likes to collect human specimens.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Eporem ...sure you're not thinking of Hermaeus Mora? Because that's a thing he does. More than once that we know of.
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    Is it rumor I wonder, or truth, that Meridia likes to collect human specimens.

it WOULD explain where Darrien is
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Murmurs heard in the lliac Bay area....

However, in the Iliac Bay area, she is known as the Daedra Lady of Greed and as an avid collector of human specimens.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Meridia
    Edited by Eporem on September 15, 2017 12:30PM
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apocrypha would be cool in my opinion. I really like the lovecraftian style and Hermaeus Mora is a very interesting god, compared to a lot of other that are plane good or evil. But we have seen Apocrypha in Skyrim already as well as quite a lot of Hermaeus Mora in ESO, so it would be nothing new.

Quagmire would be very cool as well, since it offers a lot of freedom for interesting designs and that Quest with Vaerminas amulet in Oblivion that sent you into a dream was one of my favourite ones in the Game. It was really scary and bizarre for me back then. I think it is the plane of oblivion that offers the most possibility for very cool and different stories, puzzles etc.
    Edited by FakeFox on September 14, 2017 2:50AM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Axmalexia
    Axmalexia
    ✭✭✭
    In my own personal hopes:

Moonshadow - Because if it is as beautiful as it is said to be, going half-blind during the duration is worth it.
    Colored Rooms - I'd like to see more of the famed Colored Rooms that were spun from the light of Magnus, and it would be a rather interesting realm to see.
    The Hunting Grounds - Only get to see a sliver of it during the werewolf quest, but I want more to see the werebears and hunters during the day and then at night having the hounds of Hircine hunt in the realm.
    Spiral Skien - I know, it is coming eventually, but I want to see the realm to learn whether it is as horrible as it has been written out to be. Besides, I want to learn the word of what Mephala's tower's name is, or not, don't want to choke because of the word.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see either:

- Moonshadow: a realm so beautiful, it would make you half-blind. I do hope our characters get to wear shades or smth :sunglasses:
    - Shivering Isle: return to the realm of madness :trollface:
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, in retrospect, Sanguine's realm would have been a good stop off point for the Jester's Festival. Maybe some other seasonal events as well.

That sounds really cool to be honest and could be made use of in a beautiful way.
    My idea: with every celebration event in the game, the people who completed the main achievement/all event achievements get invited by Sanguine to join a grand celebration party in a small part of his realm. It would just be "for the lolz" with a dancing Sanguine on a stage. After the events has ended, the connection to his realm is lost because the party is over (for you).
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    Moonshadow. I would personally like a lot more info about the nature of Azura, and what better way then traveling to her plane?
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

That sounds really cool to be honest and could be made use of in a beautiful way.
    My idea: with every celebration event in the game, the people who completed the main achievement/all event achievements get invited by Sanguine to join a grand celebration party in a small part of his realm. It would just be "for the lolz" with a dancing Sanguine on a stage. After the events has ended, the connection to his realm is lost because the party is over (for you).

@some_zos_employee this is a cool idea

• JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like my Magicka characters to be able to pillage the libraries of Apocrypha.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly with so much of the world of Tamerial left "off the map" I'd be kinda dissappointed if they devoted an entire ZONE to a daedric plane