The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magicka Templar "Psycoplar" and BGs

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    But how do you keep a competent player inside of your ground targets?

And how do you not just get instagibbed by stamina any time they use an immov pot?

Wearing light armor without shields is suicide in the BGs. Especially if you're a healer. Especially if you don't have CC. Especially if there's no 1h/shield.

You take a stun from a Stam blade and it's game over.

I want to like the build but I just can't see it working unless you're on a push team that would've won anyway.
    Can euro and NA players copy characters to the same PTS server? I'd love to duel you on either my sorc or my DK. You don't have enough stamina to dodge roll more than once or twice.

The only way I can see this build working is if your Destro staff is an ice staff and you're using block cost reduction jewelry. Which actually sounds like a fun build... magplar with 2x frost staves... class heals and Destro dmg / snares...

Hmmm... could it work?

I highly doubt you're beating any player of your skill level who is running skoria+surge without using meridias. I'm sorry, but there's a reason surge is banned from basically all competitive duels, it's obscenely strong.

For BGs Throw our all your damage and the opponent has to turtle. If he needs a burst heal to stay alive, he's got the best one in the game. You'll have to be recklessly aggressive but the damage available is through the roof for BGs. Surge is absolutely the best damage set in the game for magika builds in BGs imo and it has the incredible synergy with skoria.

You know as well as anyone the value of area denial in BGs and if he's got a group with him and can just put out his damage then it's GG.

Well I would definitely use Meridia if it's allowed. It's just too OP not to. I'm intrigued by surge though. I haven't seen it in action. I can't imagine a 1k/s extra dmg at the expense of any other dmg set being that strong. Seems like similar DPS to viper.

But now you've got me all hyped about it lol. I'm excited to see it. Does anyone on PC NA run it?

It's no more broken than stamina proc sets, it's just magika based, has a silly proc requirement, outputs big damage(its amplified by penetration and CPs so particularly lethal on magplar in duels), procs skoria, has good 2-4 stats, and it doesn't cost anything to output this free damage!

I run something arround 14-15k penetration +10% from destrostaff in BGs... when he was destroyed from me, he would know that. In Duells its 2,5k more +10% more damage over exploiter. In last time i destroyed nearly all builds. Guys where i had trouble with before, i could beat or have a chance to beat them. The best PvPler i know just win for something around 50% against me.

AND then he think i need to permablock over Icestaff to have a chance :p
    Really funny :#

In his defense, if you've never dueled a magplar in surge, you really don't know what you're getting yourself into. And, your build is susceptible to getting melted if two good players catch you with their burst, but that's true for anyone in light armor with or without damage shields.

I can see easily that if someone takes a tick or two from wall of storms, has reflective light on them, has surge on them, has purifying light on them, eats a skoria meteor and DBoS it's GG and you never even need a spammable. I also know that with careful positioning you can ensure that melee builds have to contended with that wall.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Not bad, but an argonian hvy magplar running storm knight, overwhelming, and skoria will crush your hopes and dreams...

Ligt armor > heavy armor. Every penetration increase your damage from overwhelming and skoria. The only way to push that damage. If you are interested, you can meet me in duell ;)

Haha, anytime Xbox NA gamertag is the same as forum name.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But how do you keep a competent player inside of your ground targets?

And how do you not just get instagibbed by stamina any time they use an immov pot?

Wearing light armor without shields is suicide in the BGs. Especially if you're a healer. Especially if you don't have CC. Especially if there's no 1h/shield.

You take a stun from a Stam blade and it's game over.

I want to like the build but I just can't see it working unless you're on a push team that would've won anyway.
    Can euro and NA players copy characters to the same PTS server? I'd love to duel you on either my sorc or my DK. You don't have enough stamina to dodge roll more than once or twice.

The only way I can see this build working is if your Destro staff is an ice staff and you're using block cost reduction jewelry. Which actually sounds like a fun build... magplar with 2x frost staves... class heals and Destro dmg / snares...

Hmmm... could it work?

I highly doubt you're beating any player of your skill level who is running skoria+surge without using meridias. I'm sorry, but there's a reason surge is banned from basically all competitive duels, it's obscenely strong.

For BGs Throw our all your damage and the opponent has to turtle. If he needs a burst heal to stay alive, he's got the best one in the game. You'll have to be recklessly aggressive but the damage available is through the roof for BGs. Surge is absolutely the best damage set in the game for magika builds in BGs imo and it has the incredible synergy with skoria.

You know as well as anyone the value of area denial in BGs and if he's got a group with him and can just put out his damage then it's GG.

Well I would definitely use Meridia if it's allowed. It's just too OP not to. I'm intrigued by surge though. I haven't seen it in action. I can't imagine a 1k/s extra dmg at the expense of any other dmg set being that strong. Seems like similar DPS to viper.

But now you've got me all hyped about it lol. I'm excited to see it. Does anyone on PC NA run it?

It's no more broken than stamina proc sets, it's just magika based, has a silly proc requirement, outputs big damage(its amplified by penetration and CPs so particularly lethal on magplar in duels), procs skoria, has good 2-4 stats, and it doesn't cost anything to output this free damage!

I run something arround 14-15k penetration +10% from destrostaff in BGs... when he was destroyed from me, he would know that. In Duells its 2,5k more +10% more damage over exploiter. In last time i destroyed nearly all builds. Guys where i had trouble with before, i could beat or have a chance to beat them. The best PvPler i know just win for something around 50% against me.

AND then he think i need to permablock over Icestaff to have a chance :p
    Really funny :#

In his defense, if you've never dueled a magplar in surge, you really don't know what you're getting yourself into. And, your build is susceptible to getting melted if two good players catch you with their burst, but that's true for anyone in light armor with or without damage shields.

I can see easily that if someone takes a tick or two from wall of storms, has reflective light on them, has surge on them, has purifying light on them, eats a skoria meteor and DBoS it's GG and you never even need a spammable. I also know that with careful positioning you can ensure that melee builds have to contended with that wall.

Sure some guys can burst me down into the time of 1 stun. But this can happen too in heavy armor, too... there it isnt so easy. When i survive it, my life is going up from nearly zero to 100% with just 1-2 burstheals and can start pressure after going to a better position.
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not revive a long dead post XD. But im glad i could give a few LOLs here!

I was being quite dramatic in my post, i do in fact enjoy BGs for the most part, regardless of my issues with no cp combat. And my issies with BGs as a whole.

I have learned playing no cp campaigns that no cp is a crutch for skilled players. In no cp you can have a very skillful player who only has say 160 CP, but knows how to build and play, whipe the floor with other non skilled players. In CP if i come across another 660 player who is not a very good player, he has more of a chance to survive me than without his CP. Thats kinda my whole point, the only obvious downfall to CP camps is that there are SO MANY lower CP toons who inevitably get caught in the crossfire of high CP high skilled players.

Hopefully one day zos can make a decision on doing away with CP entirely and rebalancing our skills and stats or balancing CP to the point that we dont need no cp. I hate that the playerbase is so fractured.

And OP sweet build man, fun to watch. My former post was a bad attempt at poking fun.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeHei hey man wheres that dueling video!
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by DeHei on September 14, 2017 8:11AM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)