Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Templar "Psycoplar" and BGs

DeHei
DeHei
✭✭✭✭✭
Bgs with friends:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRbhdUXdppE

Bg solo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUw9tHHVfs0&feature=youtu.be

Build:
5 overwhelming, 3 willpower, 2 skoria, vMSA weapons (nirnhoned trait prefered)

Skills:
vampires bane, blazing spear, elemental blockade, elemental drain, purifying light; drawbreaker/soul assoult
honor the dead, degeneration, rapid regeneration, restoring focus, ritual of retribution; lights champion

Next time i will make a video for duelling. For example i can destroy Pet sorcs with this B)

Enjoy
Edited by DeHei on August 23, 2017 6:17AM
DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
De Hei(Youtube)
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody cares about no skill no cp battleground gameplay.

Atleast no one who matters. The fact that you were getting kills left and right with vampires bane and blazing spear...

No Cp is where scrub players go because they get easier kills that make them feel special...or skillful
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »

Atleast no one who matters. The fact that you were getting kills left and right with vampires bane and blazing spear...

No Cp is where scrub players go because they get easier kills that make them feel special...or skillful

Sounds like someone is getting owned in battlegrounds.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Including a new build name in your title and then saying it's a secret is pretty lame. Most skilled players welcome other people trying their builds because they're not so insecure that they avoid giving competition any edge.

Not even bothering with this vid.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Including a new build name in your title and then saying it's a secret is pretty lame. Most skilled players welcome other people trying their builds because they're not so insecure that they avoid giving competition any edge.

Not even bothering with this vid.

Maybe you are right. Most player say to me, you cant run that open world, BG or everywhere. After duelling me or meet me in open world they never said that again. Maybe there will change there mind after testing it.

The big secret set are just 5 pieces overwhelming. This set is amazing and can procc valkyns together with your other dots. It really work very well for me. I updated my youtube channel..
    Edited by DeHei on August 16, 2017 12:03AM
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, I never knew about this set.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, I never knew about this set.

easy to farm ;)
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he means where everyone is on a relatively balanced field, unlike Cyrodil where he probably plays in a small man running over guys with half their CP in optimised group builds - 'cus skill.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Wut?
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Wut?
    Funny to note, the author of that comment came specifically to BG section to post comment. Life is full of irony.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    build updated.
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have 2 attacks that aren't ground based aoe, one of which wouldn't do much unless they are forced too stand in those aoes, which they may have to in bgs. No way you're killing any good sorc with that build in a duel. Looks like a very mean build for holding an area though. No shield in light armor? A good group would shred you with focus fire. No cc?

This is completly reliant on others it seems. Not necessarily bad if your weaknesses are covered and you're giving back.

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have 2 attacks that aren't ground based aoe, one of which wouldn't do much unless they are forced too stand in those aoes, which they may have to in bgs. No way you're killing any good sorc with that build in a duel. Looks like a very mean build for holding an area though. No shield in light armor? A good group would shred you with focus fire. No cc?

This is completly reliant on others it seems. Not necessarily bad if your weaknesses are covered and you're giving back.

Trust me, its just a bit more difficult to kill magicka Sorcs and nightblades with it. I need to follow them to hold the pressure. But i can still waiting and kiting them too. I done a lot of duells and its more tricky, but there were allready much of these rangebuilds, which killed by me and wondered about the pressure i can do. The only thing i need to switch is my ultimate. I need soul assoult instead of dawnbreaker. Maybe monday or tuesday i can create a duelling video with this build.
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »

Trust me, its just a bit more difficult to kill magicka Sorcs and nightblades with it. I need to follow them to hold the pressure. But i can still waiting and kiting them too. I done a lot of duells and its more tricky, but there were allready much of these rangebuilds, which killed by me and wondered about the pressure i can do. The only thing i need to switch is my ultimate. I need soul assoult instead of dawnbreaker. Maybe monday or tuesday i can create a duelling video with this build.

Keep dawn breaker for the stun and ability to pressure while dot is ticking. This build, against good players, shines in close environments where enemies must be there. It looks outstanding for that. No offense, but my sorc would never die to this build. No stun and no direct damage, thats a shield users play ground in open field.

Like i said before, ground based aoe builds are great for objective based play. I can also see how this build is strong vs melee play, a little worried about your defenses though.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep dawn breaker for the stun and ability to pressure while dot is ticking. This build, against good players, shines in close environments where enemies must be there. It looks outstanding for that. No offense, but my sorc would never die to this build. No stun and no direct damage, thats a shield users play ground in open field.

Like i said before, ground based aoe builds are great for objective based play. I can also see how this build is strong vs melee play, a little worried about your defenses though.

If you are on PC/EU, i want to fight you like the 10 people before, who said the same trash.. Sry, but it is in my eyes. I heared that not the first time, but i changed all this opinions about my build after fighting with them.
    BTW all lost that fights! I fighted some of the best duell players on PC/EU and won enough, that i can give you a feedback like this.

Why do you think i post here a build without enough experience in BGs, duells or cyrodiil. You think, i dont have pressure, then i have an advantage against you :p
    I need to play very passiv against well played magicka sorcs and nightblades. On that point you are right, but i can go very offensive in very short time. Soul assoult works much better instead of drawbreaker against that builds. Pressure is given just over dots and that very effective, trust me ;)

Most trouble i can have with magicka Templar, because of purging everything. But i win against nearly all magicka templar! I only know just 1 magicka templar, who beat me more times like i do it to him. But this one is losing against some builds, which are chanceless against me.
    Edited by DeHei on August 25, 2017 3:53AM
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like someone is getting owned in battlegrounds.

lol
    is it another one "bla bla I grinded 660 cp not for no-cp pvp! I want to use them!" or just lover of immortal tanks and zergs everywhere? Oh yea.
    funny people indeed.
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Overwhelming a lot. I just started trying it out on magplar and it works really well
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad, but an argonian hvy magplar running storm knight, overwhelming, and skoria will crush your hopes and dreams...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ Everybody, who really think, that my build isnt working for duells. I would like to meet you for a duell with me
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Not bad, but an argonian hvy magplar running storm knight, overwhelming, and skoria will crush your hopes and dreams...

Ligt armor > heavy armor. Every penetration increase your damage from overwhelming and skoria. The only way to push that damage. If you are interested, you can meet me in duell ;)
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

Ligt armor > heavy armor. Every penetration increase your damage from overwhelming and skoria. The only way to push that damage. If you are interested, you can meet me in duell ;)

Yeah, he's dumb if he thinks it's worth running heavy on a proc-plar. Surge+skoria in light is way more damage than surge,skoria,storm knight in heavy.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But how do you keep a competent player inside of your ground targets?

And how do you not just get instagibbed by stamina any time they use an immov pot?

Wearing light armor without shields is suicide in the BGs. Especially if you're a healer. Especially if you don't have CC. Especially if there's no 1h/shield.

You take a stun from a Stam blade and it's game over.

I want to like the build but I just can't see it working unless you're on a push team that would've won anyway.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can euro and NA players copy characters to the same PTS server? I'd love to duel you on either my sorc or my DK. You don't have enough stamina to dodge roll more than once or twice.

The only way I can see this build working is if your Destro staff is an ice staff and you're using block cost reduction jewelry. Which actually sounds like a fun build... magplar with 2x frost staves... class heals and Destro dmg / snares...

Hmmm... could it work?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

And how do you not just get instagibbed by stamina any time they use an immov pot?

Wearing light armor without shields is suicide in the BGs. Especially if you're a healer. Especially if you don't have CC. Especially if there's no 1h/shield.

I want to like the build but I just can't see it working unless you're on a push team that would've won anyway.
    Can euro and NA players copy characters to the same PTS server? I'd love to duel you on either my sorc or my DK. You don't have enough stamina to dodge roll more than once or twice.

The only way I can see this build working is if your Destro staff is an ice staff and you're using block cost reduction jewelry. Which actually sounds like a fun build... magplar with 2x frost staves... class heals and Destro dmg / snares...

Hmmm... could it work?

I highly doubt you're beating any player of your skill level who is running skoria+surge without using meridias. I'm sorry, but there's a reason surge is banned from basically all competitive duels, it's obscenely strong.

For BGs Throw our all your damage and the opponent has to turtle. If he needs a burst heal to stay alive, he's got the best one in the game. You'll have to be recklessly aggressive but the damage available is through the roof for BGs. Surge is absolutely the best damage set in the game for magika builds in BGs imo and it has the incredible synergy with skoria.

You know as well as anyone the value of area denial in BGs and if he's got a group with him and can just put out his damage then it's GG.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 25, 2017 10:31PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Hmmm... could it work?

I highly doubt you're beating any player of your skill level who is running skoria+surge without using meridias. I'm sorry, but there's a reason surge is banned from basically all competitive duels, it's obscenely strong.

For BGs Throw our all your damage and the opponent has to turtle. If he needs a burst heal to stay alive, he's got the best one in the game. You'll have to be recklessly aggressive but the damage available is through the roof for BGs. Surge is absolutely the best damage set in the game for magika builds in BGs imo and it has the incredible synergy with skoria.

You know as well as anyone the value of area denial in BGs and if he's got a group with him and can just put out his damage then it's GG.

Well I would definitely use Meridia if it's allowed. It's just too OP not to. I'm intrigued by surge though. I haven't seen it in action. I can't imagine a 1k/s extra dmg at the expense of any other dmg set being that strong. Seems like similar DPS to viper.

But now you've got me all hyped about it lol. I'm excited to see it. Does anyone on PC NA run it?

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also what about bahraha's? That set fits the ground target angle better and gives pretty good healing.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hmmm... could it work?

Well I would definitely use Meridia if it's allowed. It's just too OP not to. I'm intrigued by surge though. I haven't seen it in action. I can't imagine a 1k/s extra dmg at the expense of any other dmg set being that strong. Seems like similar DPS to viper.

But now you've got me all hyped about it lol. I'm excited to see it. Does anyone on PC NA run it?

It's no more broken than stamina proc sets, it's just magika based, has a silly proc requirement, outputs big damage(its amplified by penetration and CPs so particularly lethal on magplar in duels), procs skoria, has good 2-4 stats, and it doesn't cost anything to output this free damage!
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 25, 2017 11:00PM
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm... could it work?

Mate, i play nearly without block and dodgerolling. I have very much healpower and can nearly spam my skills. If you use immovable pots, i just will heal that out, waiting for stun and break out. In same time i can damage you again and again. I dont need to place my ground effects for damage. I do same amount of damage like other PvPler just with my direct skills. The ground effects are just bonus +offbalance for 18% more damage because of "Exploiter" from CP in duells or cyrodiil. In BGs i dont have this and its working too. I dont win every BG, but statistic is allways good and i often fight more then just 1 people same time. There are many nightblades, which try to kill me. And most of them are chanceless to do that :D
    But its fine, if you think that i really die in 1 stun... Then i am really sry and you never played against a real light armor templar B)

BTW its just stupid to think, the way to play is permablock. You dont need to block more then just the ultis or skills like will of assassination. For example i can heal all out with just using my heal 1 time or press my light´s champion.
    I tryd ice staff or other *** allready, but permablock on templar is much more suicid, because you miss so much damage to kill your targets. When you really think, that the key to play a templar is stacking defense, then i need you explain this:
    With stacking your offensive, you stack your healingpower too. This means your survivalbility is stronger too. You are really tough, when all your healing effects are active.

Ty for sharing your "experience"...
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm... could it work?

It's no more broken than stamina proc sets, it's just magika based, has a silly proc requirement, outputs big damage(its amplified by penetration and CPs so particularly lethal on magplar in duels), procs skoria, has good 2-4 stats, and it doesn't cost anything to output this free damage!

I run something arround 14-15k penetration +10% from destrostaff in BGs... when he was destroyed from me, he would know that. In Duells its 2,5k more +10% more damage over exploiter. In last time i destroyed nearly all builds. Guys where i had trouble with before, i could beat or have a chance to beat them. The best PvPler i know just win for something around 50% against me.

AND then he think i need to permablock over Icestaff to have a chance :p
    Really funny :#
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So few times on the forums do I find a post that actually makes me LOL, thanks man.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm... could it work?

Mate, i play nearly without block and dodgerolling. I have very much healpower and can nearly spam my skills. If you use immovable pots, i just will heal that out, waiting for stun and break out. In same time i can damage you again and again. I dont need to place my ground effects for damage. I do same amount of damage like other PvPler just with my direct skills. The ground effects are just bonus +offbalance for 18% more damage because of "Exploiter" from CP in duells or cyrodiil. In BGs i dont have this and its working too. I dont win every BG, but statistic is allways good and i often fight more then just 1 people same time. There are many nightblades, which try to kill me. And most of them are chanceless to do that :D
    But its fine, if you think that i really die in 1 stun... Then i am really sry and you never played against a real light armor templar B)

BTW its just stupid to think, the way to play is permablock. You dont need to block more then just the ultis or skills like will of assassination. For example i can heal all out with just using my heal 1 time or press my light´s champion.
    I tryd ice staff or other *** allready, but permablock on templar is much more suicid, because you miss so much damage to kill your targets. When you really think, that the key to play a templar is stacking defense, then i need you explain this:
    With stacking your offensive, you stack your healingpower too. This means your survivalbility is stronger too. You are really tough, when all your healing effects are active.

Ty for sharing your "experience"...

EDITED ... glad your build works for you.
    Edited by Thogard on August 26, 2017 8:05AM