Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Really got to rescue Stibbons again !

PerArdua
PerArdua
✭✭✭
Are the devs having a laugh ? I mean how many time do you have to rescue 1 man ? You would have thought lady Laurent would have sussed that he's a total plank and incapable of looking after himself let alone her ! I guess he really must do a great job in the launders or something Surely I m not the only one who wants an option to put him out of his misery and introduce him to the blade of woe . Tho that I fear is too quick of a death
Anyone else have reoccurring npc you rather didn't
Edited by PerArdua on September 13, 2017 2:53PM
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given who he works for, I pity him and would like an option to get him away from her.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭
    Least she don't need a rescue every 5 mins and he still would even if you could "get him away from her"
    Edited by PerArdua on September 13, 2017 2:57PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a massive fan of Stibbons and Lady Laurent because I just don't laugh at that kind of joke.

Not sure of other repeating characters I didn't like though.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like Stibbons and Lady Laurent.

Stibbons Coldharbor belt reward description: "To Stibbons from Lady Laurent for years of adequate service."

Makes me laugh every time.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PerArdua wrote: »
    Are the devs having a laugh ? I mean how many time do you have to rescue 1 man ? You would have thought lady Laurent would have sussed that he's a total plank and incapable of looking after himself let alone her ! I guess he really must do a great job in the launders or something Surely I m not the only one who wants an option to put him out of his misery and introduce him to the blade of woe . Tho that I fear is too quick of a death
    Anyone else have reoccurring npc you rather didn't

Stuga!!!!!!

I'd actually take the option of killing these people and locking alts out of an entire DLC questline if that's what it took.

But yeah Stibbons is pretty weak, definitely one to send to the void. Although for such incompetence he should be subjected to either Uncle Sheo or the Bent Dance, which ever lasts longer / more painful.

PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd much rather have Kireth and Raynor come back for yet another "Kireth fell into a hole and Raynor is too much of a weenie to rescue her" episode. At least they're goofy without using humiliation as an attempt at comedy. I could do without another Stibbons/Lady Laurent quest for the next few zones.
  • PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭
    I'd much rather have Kireth and Raynor come back for yet another "Kireth fell into a hole and Raynor is too much of a weenie to rescue her" episode. At least they're goofy without using humiliation as an attempt at comedy. I could do without another Stibbons/Lady Laurent quest for the next few zones.

But you know they will at some point . I m sure it's some perverse zos dev in joke
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I like reoccurring NPCs as leitmotifs / guiding themes in this game. Not all make me laugh though, but it's not unpleaseant to meet them.

Rigurt the Brash: Actually a funny NPC in my experience. Actually Rigurt is the reason why I have no Nord char.

Stibbons/Lady Laurent: Actually I dislike Lady Laurent (I guess we all do) and the personality of Stibbons i find amusing. Not all quest lines with those are of same quality level though. Especially the Morrowind one felt put on or just added for the sake of a continuation.

Razum-Dar and Naryu Virian: While I am neutral to Razum-Dar (ok, he is in the game, that's all for me), I actually damned like Naryu.

Edited by Flameheart on September 13, 2017 3:22PM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather hate Stibbons and Lady Laurent. He's obedient to a fault and she's a slave master. Her wanton disregard for Stibbons' safety or well-being is truly appalling.

We need more Razum-Bae in the world. Maybe if the next chapter is in Elsweyr or Summerset...
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love stibbons and lady laurent! I always get a laugh wondering what mischief they have gotten themselves into this time =D .
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stibbons doesn't need rescuing - he's actually trying to run away and we keep bungling it and bringing him back to that witch.
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally find Stibbons and Lady Laurent highly amusing. I hope they live happily ever after for many years and DLCs to come.

Perhaps it is because they remind me of Lady Audrey fforbes-Hamilton (Penelope Keith) and Brabinger (the late John Rudling) as her loyal and long-suffering butler, from the popular sit-com "To the Manor Born". :)
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really you can get rid of him in Glenumbra
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not my kind of humor, the whole Stibbons story line is meh at best ...
    shades.gif
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the times we keep stumbling across these two, and we somehow STILL cannot find Darien....
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Laraunt is pretty high on my *** list. Darien isn't terribly great but I was at least interested in his character development. Just wish there was more of it.

Vanus tho...? Your every dialogue is irritating. I would trade any lives lost for yours if only there were real options in this game. :s
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love and adore Stibbons and Lady Laurent. I always get a little excited when I meet them. But there are recurring characters I can't stand. We meet Sheogorath too often, Naryu can fall down a well and never climb out again and Bumnog, while his second appearance is more like a cameo, needs to get eaten by harpies. Seriously hate that guy. So many times I just wanted to trap the poor harpies and he kept punching them to death.

I'm sure there are more that I like but none comes to mind right now.
    PC EU
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kept each piece of clothing you get from Stibbons, hoping to have a Stibbon's costume when I had everything, but no such luck. I collected the pieces from many characters doing the story line, and don't look Stibbony at all. Maybe they'll make a Stibbons costume for the Crown Store, complete with Vizzini haircut...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see Darien Gautier again personally.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know they kind of remind me of a married couple. lol
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Vvardenfell edition of Stibbons and Lady Laurent's adventure was pretty lame and felt sort of tacked on because the devs didn't know what else to do in that area. However I did enjoy their past adventures. Maybe Telenger the Artificer would have worked better there, (or anyone else).

Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on September 13, 2017 6:48PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Per ardua ad stibbons.

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that the Lady Laurent/Stibbons dynamic is a refelction of Sheogorath/Haskill...

Also Lady Laurent is in love with Stibbons but can't admit it (possibly doesn't even realise it) because he is of a lower social standing.

Bear those ideas in mind when doing their sidequests and enjoy them from a different perspective :)
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Farscape76
    Farscape76
    ✭✭✭
    I have always
    laced wrote: »
    I love stibbons and lady laurent! I always get a laugh wondering what mischief they have gotten themselves into this time =D .

Agreed
    CP 1200+ Xbox - NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Characters
    Dargo Crichton - VR16/lvl 50 StamDK - Stormproof
    Talon Crichton - lvl 50 Stamsorc
    Kara Crichton - lvl 50 StamDK
    Erza Crichton - lvl 50 MagDK
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flameheart wrote: »
    Actually I like reoccurring NPCs as leitmotifs / guiding themes in this game. Not all make me laugh though, but it's not unpleaseant to meet them.

Rigurt the Brash: Actually a funny NPC in my experience. Actually Rigurt is the reason why I have no Nord char.

Stibbons/Lady Laurent: Actually I dislike Lady Laurent (I guess we all do) and the personality of Stibbons i find amusing. Not all quest lines with those are of same quality level though. Especially the Morrowind one felt put on or just added for the sake of a continuation.

Razum-Dar and Naryu Virian: While I am neutral to Razum-Dar (ok, he is in the game, that's all for me), I actually damned like Naryu.

I was pleasantly surprised earlier today to get a note from Razum-Dar on my DC character after he'd been roaming around Khenarthi's Roost. ZOS have got One Tamriel spot on...
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need more Telenger vs Galerion insult battles.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea but Stibbons has this big umm carrot and radishes. His provising skills are amazing and Lady Laurent is keen to it.
    Xbox One Na
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love Stibbons, him and Skordo the knife are my favourite characters.
    Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given who he works for, I pity him and would like an option to get him away from her.

There is no need for that. Stibbons has a crush on his master, loves to serve her and actually believes Laurent couldn't handle anything without his help. If you ever get to read one of her to-do-lists you might agree with him. She always moans while other people do her job.
    Edited by Vizikul on September 13, 2017 10:58PM
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i like both pairs.

was hoping kireth and reaynor would turn up in the morrowind chapter, esp given they're dark elves.