Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

War!(den)... What is it good for?

Texecutioner187
Texecutioner187
✭✭✭
I tried a hybrid build from a super nice guy on the forums for my Warden, it was a Bow/Healer build but I wasn't able to heal successfully with it and felt like it was a flop for me. I wanted to know if anyone knew of some successful(for them or others) builds for a Warden? I would really like to use the guy, but currently having issues finding his "purpose". Does anyone have any suggestions or know of a build that would be solid, of any kind of role?
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "War!(den)... What is it good for?"

Buddy you get a AWSOME just for that!

to answer your question ;

Absolutely nothing
    War!(den), yeah
    What is it good for
    Absolutely nothing
    Say it again, why'all
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    I did find this at Tamriel Foundry... Aside from switching out staffs to Infused, any chance it's viable?
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/sub-zero-mag-warden-pve-dps-build-vet-trialvma-approved/
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Mag Warden and a Stam Warden. I have seen them both types played by full time streamers and they do have the potential to be a great class in PVP at least. I require more practice of course.

I can tell you in group play my Mag Warden has been fantastic! Great for group damage reduction and great for pocket healing. Stacking max magica makes you put out some really great damage as well. Northern Storm 30% damage reduction is a great counter to destro ulti. If you run Shimmering shield you can keep that ulti ready at all times. Northern is not the destro ulti when it comes to damage, but the utility of that Ulti is so great in PVP group play large or small.

Vines is a fantastic heal in PVP solo or group. The tree ulti... Say no more. This can be kept up almost 90% - 100% of the time. in big groups fights.

Stam Warden is a much different play style. The burst damage is really great. You can use Shimmering to get quick dawnbreakers however since you do not have a lot of magika, you must using shimmering wisely. The survive-ability is really good as well if you are proactively using vigor and stacking max stam. Stam Wardens are also the fastest class on the battle field. your mobility is very very good.

All good builds require lots of practice. Most people do not become an expert in anything in less than 10,000 hours. All professionals have put this type of time in or getting close to it.

Good luck!
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Whet about for PvE? I'm primarily PvE for now, still getting used to the game...
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not built a Stam or MAg Warden for PVE. From the tests that I have seen on the target dummies they are lacking in over-all damage numbers. I have not done these test myself.

There is a build out there for VMA for the MAG Warden. I messed with it for a little bit. It can be done in that content, but the build would not be good for trials. I am sure it would be fine for the harder DLC vet dungeons with some tweaking.

Mag warden is PVE is basically
    Armor
    Necropotence(Dropped in RiveSpire)
    Shacklebreaker(Crafted)

Skills that are a must for PVE rotation
    Wall of elements
    Winters revenge
    Deep Fissure
    Cutting dive

Need Betty Netch for Necro to proc.

You will have very low health so you will need a shield. Light armor skill line.

You will need to play with the rest.

Good luck
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam warden is amazing in PvP. The burst is insane. You get major expedition, brutality, heroism all built into the class. Buffs like minor beserk and protection too. Also tree ult is insanely strong.

Warden is great as a tank on Pve. Great sustain and group healing. Crazy ult generation as well.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 12, 2017 2:33PM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden heals/burst>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>most every other class...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Pseron_Wyrd
    Pseron_Wyrd
    ✭✭✭
    Buddy you get a AWSOME just for that!

He gets another one from me. Edwin Starr ruled! :)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is farming awesomes with that title . Stam warden is incredible . You can make some crazy tank builds too .
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvE it's really going to depend on the type of content you want to play.

Wardens are doing fine in most content ... including vet dungeons and normal Trials.

For end game, such as vet Trials, Wardens are rare ... but best at an off-tank or off-heals role.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I kinda see jackie as the stam version and chris more like a magica kinda guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXtXE2-MaUY

I'm sorry, that's really all I can contribute here.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    For PvE it's really going to depend on the type of content you want to play.

Wardens are doing fine in most content ... including vet dungeons and normal Trials.

For end game, such as vet Trials, Wardens are rare ... but best at an off-tank or off-heals role.

But more specifically, what exactly would be a "fine" build for most content such as vet dungeons and normal trials?
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Stam warden is amazing in PvP. The burst is insane. You get major expedition, brutality, heroism all built into the class. Buffs like minor beserk and protection too. Also tree ult is insanely strong.

Warden is great as a tank on Pve. Great sustain and group healing. Crazy ult generation as well.

Do you know of a build of some sort that I could look at to start building a base off of? I'm not opposed to going PvP with him, I'm just not sure what skills are crucial and armor since I haven't done much PvP... Thanks!