The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is Argonia the largest "Empire" by the 4th Era?

• MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    @MythicEmperor 's dedication to Character is next level, give him that much.

Mildly annoying at times, too.

Annoying? You won't know annoying until the scaleback N'wahs pollute your streets with their presence. You defend them now, but I doubt you will continue to do so when they come crawling to your city. This is why I can no longer stand to live in the Mainland. This wretched pact upholds the leeches as equals...
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    @MythicEmperor 's dedication to Character is next level, give him that much.

Mildly annoying at times, too.

Annoying? You won't know annoying until the scaleback N'wahs pollute your streets with their presence. You defend them now, but I doubt you will continue to do so when they come crawling to your city. This is why I can no longer stand to live in the Mainland. This wretched pact upholds the leeches as equals...

gXUfC3c.gif

I don't know what I expected. But, case in point.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I find all this enormously amusing.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It might also be tied for size with the Third Aldmeri Dominion - just eyeballing it, Black Marsh + Morrowind up to Mournhold looks to be roughly the same size as Summerset + Elsweyr + Valenwood (not counting the ocean separating the pieces).

I wouldn't bet on them stopping the Third Era Thalmor though - per Rising Threat they may have been partially to blame for the uprising. Also, I've never really gotten the impression that the Hist cared much about the rest of Tamriel (though someone link examples to me if I'm forgetting any counter examples). Even with the Oblivion Crisis they called all their scaly children home and left the rest of the continent to hang.

That was a good read. But quite a few of his claims seemed unfounded and blamed them on the Thalmor because it benefited them. He provides no evidence of the Thalmors involvement in inciting the Argonians to invade Morrowind (as if the Argonians after millenias of enslavement and incursions need more of an excuse to repay the Dunmer in kind?). Just makes the claim and moves on. Which is less than what he did with the original claim that they had a part in the eruption of Red Mountain. Where he admits he can find no evidence. Both are conspiracy theories and played a part in why he was never taken seriously outside of Ocato.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was a good read. But quite a few of his claims seemed unfounded and blamed them on the Thalmor because it benefited them. He provides no evidence of the Thalmors involvement in inciting the Argonians to invade Morrowind (as if the Argonians after millenias of enslavement and incursions need more of an excuse to repay the Dunmer in kind?). Just makes the claim and moves on. Which is less than what he did with the original claim that they had a part in the eruption of Red Mountain. Where he admits he can find no evidence. Both are conspiracy theories and played a part in why he was never taken seriously outside of Ocato.

*shrug* I don't disagree, but we also don't have any lore definitely proving they weren't involved with the Argonian invasion*. And it's unlikely they'd intercede to stop the Thalmor or save the Empire regardless.

*Feel free to drop a link if you know of something I don't.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

*shrug* I don't disagree, but we also don't have any lore definitely proving they weren't involved with the Argonian invasion*. And it's unlikely they'd intercede to stop the Thalmor or save the Empire regardless.

*Feel free to drop a link if you know of something I don't.

I dont have a link. Im just pointing out that theres a reason his warnings about the Thalmor went unheeded. Not every villian needs to have their fingers in everything. This isnt a Emperor Palpatine sort of situation we have on our hands. The Empire has been crumbling long before the Oblivion Crisis. And there are many players and pawns on the board here. Its much more likely that he saw Thalmor influence where there was none than to assume that because he was right about the dangerous policies of the Thalmor that hes right about them bringing Baar Dau down on Vivec City or the Argonians needing outside influence to get the idea in their heads to capitalize on their former oppressors weakness.

Hes a prime example of the unreliable narrator. He sees Thalmor plots and schemes in every major event to take place in Tamriel.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on September 12, 2017 10:50PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax