How we can all be playing the same Character at the same time.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see nothing in game that even suggests a dragon break occurred.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    If I play Skyrim and create two character. First will destroy whole Dark Brotherhood sanctuary killing Astrid, Nazir, etc. and second will join them, then which version is canon and is this also "Dragon Break"? I hate theory about multiple vestiges, because my Vestige never heard from anyone that he is not the only one. Molag Bal don't have power to remove me from history unless he achieve CHIM. He says that as metaphor of killing me. You can say Dragon Break about every TES game. Did Dragonborn join Stormcloaks or Imperials? Did Champion of Cyrodiil join Mania or Dementia? Did Nerevarine become werewolf or help Skaals? Only main quest is canon, but you are making your own hiistory during game. As long as they don't make it canon, theory about multiple vestiges is only your fanfiction.

A dragonbreak is only known if it's somehow witnessed. Else everyone will be totally unaware of the dragonbreak. So it's possible but unlikely. In oblivion we know the hero of kvatch ended up becoming sheogorath, and confirmed in Skyrim. Does that mean there has to be a dragonbreak for him to complete all of the possible tasks he can? No it doesn't. Just as with skyrim, so long as the endings don't countradict each other then there is no need for a dragonbreak. We can't assume the (lack of) capabilities for a ES character, we can only know what they can/did achieve. So the dragonborn most certainly could of killed aludin, became arch mage, listener, and all that stuff.

In ESO things are much different. This is a multiplayer game, where we KNOW these other people we see running around ARE actually playing the same game as we are at the same time. This means for all of our actions to be true, then there must be a dragonbreak.

I'm not trying to write lore here, I'm simply telling you how existing lore backs up the notion of all of our characters being able to complete all of the same quests.

No one in game ever said anything about multiple vestiges so it's not canon.

while this is true in game there is datamined quest dialoge for the summerset isles. The Altmer there are very aware that there is multiple vestiges all preforming the same takes with the inability to die. They call us Numinous.

If we are talking about quests. Do you guys remember quests where you can have one npc as companion? Like at the end of Khenarthi's Roost there was quest named "The Tempest Unleashed", where you can choose Sergeant Firion or Gathwen to follow you to the quay. When you see "other vestiges" running around, they will have not named npc as followers (just "Marine" or something like that). So they are not doing the same thing and they are not Vestiges, but just another guys trying to help. I'm not sure what quest on Auridon you have in mind, but If you mean this one about infiltrating island of Veiled Heritance, then "other vestiges" are just other guys who wants to join Veiled Heritnce.

I was just about to say this. When you encounter another player with the same follower you have, for example Abnar Tharn, it just shows up that a random Guild Mage is following them. Each character is THE Vestige, all the other characters on screen are supposedly doing their own unrelated thing.

Also, it could be a groundhogs' day for Molag Bal. what if he keeps making us because he thinks "This time will be different," but no matter how he tries to change up the path, the result will eternally be the same because it is already written. Doing something over and over hoping for a different result is the definition of insanity..... as much as I hate him, I wouldn't be surprised if Sheogorath was pulling a universe wide "Dormamu I've come to bargain" on the other princes.

Ps, I haven't finished the expansions or Morrowind, just the main quest line and AD quest line, please no spoilers if there is a giant "The Usual Suspects" type twist lol

Edited by max_only on August 23, 2017 7:46PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    If I play Skyrim and create two character. First will destroy whole Dark Brotherhood sanctuary killing Astrid, Nazir, etc. and second will join them, then which version is canon and is this also "Dragon Break"? I hate theory about multiple vestiges, because my Vestige never heard from anyone that he is not the only one. Molag Bal don't have power to remove me from history unless he achieve CHIM. He says that as metaphor of killing me. You can say Dragon Break about every TES game. Did Dragonborn join Stormcloaks or Imperials? Did Champion of Cyrodiil join Mania or Dementia? Did Nerevarine become werewolf or help Skaals? Only main quest is canon, but you are making your own hiistory during game. As long as they don't make it canon, theory about multiple vestiges is only your fanfiction.

A dragonbreak is only known if it's somehow witnessed. Else everyone will be totally unaware of the dragonbreak. So it's possible but unlikely. In oblivion we know the hero of kvatch ended up becoming sheogorath, and confirmed in Skyrim. Does that mean there has to be a dragonbreak for him to complete all of the possible tasks he can? No it doesn't. Just as with skyrim, so long as the endings don't countradict each other then there is no need for a dragonbreak. We can't assume the (lack of) capabilities for a ES character, we can only know what they can/did achieve. So the dragonborn most certainly could of killed aludin, became arch mage, listener, and all that stuff.

In ESO things are much different. This is a multiplayer game, where we KNOW these other people we see running around ARE actually playing the same game as we are at the same time. This means for all of our actions to be true, then there must be a dragonbreak.

I'm not trying to write lore here, I'm simply telling you how existing lore backs up the notion of all of our characters being able to complete all of the same quests.

No one in game ever said anything about multiple vestiges so it's not canon.

while this is true in game there is datamined quest dialoge for the summerset isles. The Altmer there are very aware that there is multiple vestiges all preforming the same takes with the inability to die. They call us Numinous.

If we are talking about quests. Do you guys remember quests where you can have one npc as companion? Like at the end of Khenarthi's Roost there was quest named "The Tempest Unleashed", where you can choose Sergeant Firion or Gathwen to follow you to the quay. When you see "other vestiges" running around, they will have not named npc as followers (just "Marine" or something like that). So they are not doing the same thing and they are not Vestiges, but just another guys trying to help. I'm not sure what quest on Auridon you have in mind, but If you mean this one about infiltrating island of Veiled Heritance, then "other vestiges" are just other guys who wants to join Veiled Heritnce.

I was just about to say this. When you encounter another player with the same follower you have, for example Abnar Tharn, it just shows up that a random Guild Mage is following them. Each character is THE Vestige, all the other characters on screen are supposedly doing their own unrelated thing.

Also, it could be a groundhogs' day for Molag Bal. what if he keeps making us because he thinks "This time will be different," but no matter how he tries to change up the path, the result will eternally be the same because it is already written. Doing something over and over hoping for a different result is the definition of insanity..... as much as I hate him, I wouldn't be surprised if Sheogorath was pulling a universe wide "Dormamu I've come to bargain" on the other princes.

Ps, I haven't finished the expansions or Morrowind, just the main quest line and AD quest line, please no spoilers if there is a giant "The Usual Suspects" type twist lol

Well, I mean, there is the part where Raz is Molag Bal from the future... :p

Though, seriously, the idea that Molag Bal isn't just getting curb stomped by one hero, but an infinite procession of heroes from parallel timelines released and empowered by Meridia is pretty hilarious.
    Edited by starkerealm on August 24, 2017 3:56AM
  • aresula
    aresula
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Face it, no one wants to play a game as Joe Commoner the bread baker, to whom nothing happens of consequence. We all want to play as Hero's. So, there are lots of Hero's in the game.

I accept that and I am more than willing to suspend belief on this gaming convention. I need no Lore Crutch.

Wrong. Ever since Oblivion and Skyrim there's always been people that mod out the forced BS "u r teh only hope hero" story from the start of the game. With alternative starts or removing the main campaign all together. I'm pretty sure I even saw one Skyrim mod that puts a different Dragonborn in the world that does things without you so the world can progress through its stages without you having to be the "chosen one". People WANT to be normal. It makes your accomplishments that more meaningful if you're Joe Commoner mingling with the actual gods. If you're just "given" godlike powers right from the start then whats the point?

See that's exactly what is behind the genius of Morrowind. Which had the best start of all TES games simply for the fact that they treat you just like any other character until YOU HAVE ACTUALLY DONE SOMETHING TO EARN THE RIGHT OF BECOMING A HERO. You aren't forced on it. It isn't immediately given to you. You don't even have to participate in the prophecy to kill the final boss. You can sever the "threads of fate" and still force a game winning state. Now the greatest feat of that game is the fact that it isn't even really confirmed if you are actually fulfilling the prophecy. Or if you just so happen to be some regular joe that coincidentally found loopholes that tricked the Ashlanders, and by consequence everyone else including Vivec and Almalexia, into thinking you are something you might not be. There's been many failed Nerevarine's afterall.

Anyways, I think that Oblivion, Skyrim, and ESO had terrible starts and their game stories suffer for it. The fact that they try to pull this BS in a MMO just really shows how they lack the creativity to just come up with something new for once. To the point where even if it doesn't even make sense they're still going to force it in there. It feels pretty insulting for characters to randomly call me a hero when I haven't really done much. And it's still insulting even if I have finally gotten some accomplishments under my belt because it's just totally unnatural to have it called out in the open like that. Like nobody ever tells Batman "Oh HERO, you've finally come! Help us with our problem for we can't do anything on our own!"
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aresula wrote: »
    Wrong. Ever since Oblivion and Skyrim there's always been people that mod out the forced BS "u r teh only hope hero" story from the start of the game. With alternative starts or removing the main campaign all together.

So... this would be a bad time to point out that Morrowind had alternate start mods. In fact, I think Morrowind's the only game in the franchise where I incorporated those into my normal playthroughs.
    aresula wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I even saw one Skyrim mod that puts a different Dragonborn in the world that does things without you so the world can progress through its stages without you having to be the "chosen one".

Not that I've ever seen, though, Familiar Faces will insert your other characters into the game world, who will, in turn, be Dragonborn as well. But, they don't advance the main quest without you.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Dragon Break, sometimes referred to as an un-time, is a temporal phenomenon that involves a splitting of the natural timeline which results in branching parallel realities where the same events occur differently, or not at all. At the end of a Dragon Break, the timeline reconnects making all possibilities and outcomes truth, though contradictory to each other.

When molag bal tried to bring nirn into oblivion he created a dragonbreak, where an infinite number of "Heros" would stop him. He states that he'll remove you from history, and that's what will happen. History will only record the outcome of the interregnum not the events that took place since they'll be incomprehensible. Unless someone can figure out a dragonbreak occurred during this time and record it before the timeline merges all our actions.

If you don't understand think of it this way. If I complete the fighters guild as me, and you did the same thing but as you. Historically we both did the same thing but we're different people. So if someone who saw me in their timeline recorded it, then that same person in your timeline recorded you, when the dragonbreak ends both those journals/records must be "true". The only way to make them true is to make the hero unknown, or rather "remove them from history" just like molag bal said. (when you defeat a dolmen molag bal sometime says he'll remove you from history)

Therefor it is lore-friendly for all of us to be playing the "same character", and it ties into molag bals claims.

You mean.... like this?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    But here's a sneak peak of an upcoming animated commercial for late 2016/early 2017 to further the new main story hinted at when you finish Orsinium...
    Or at least the script/storyboard *I* would create for a promo of the upcoming multi-DLC spanning War of the Gods storyline...

Total darkness is broken by a flash, which reveals the image of The Hero, standing in a brightly lit portal. The image shifts from tall thin robed Breton to short Bosmer with a bow to a heavy armor clad Argonian to a dozen other shapes. The shifting form stretches, looks about, and slowly walks forward and is consumed by the darkness. [Goes with dialogue below]

Hero voiceover: Who are they? What is this vision you show me?
    Azura voiceover: They fought alongside the Prophet and his companions to thwart the will of Molag Bal.
    Hero voiceover: But I--
    Azura voiceover: --cannot see as we do.

An animated battle scene shows The Hero fighting the Worm Cult in Tamriel and the forces of Molag Bal in Coldharbour. Unlike the last scene, one Hero is shown at a time, though the cuts in the action continue to switch from one Hero to another, even within the same fight.

Meridia voiceover: The Soul Burst ruptured the fabric of time, creating thousands of moments, any one of which Molag Bal could seize and forge into the future. In each of those moments a champion arose to defeat him.
    Hero voiceover: Different moments?
    Merdia voiceover: Yes. Each with the potential to solidify into the future all of Tamriel must face. Each mortal chosen sees the world as if they were the only one, and the world treats them as such, yet many of those you call ally, or foe, or have yet to meet, see the world the same way. You have all proven yourself, and those that survived are being called upon once more.
    Hero voiceover: Why?

Images of warped and strange impossible landscapes and bizarre creatures from various planes of Oblivion. A shot of Coldharbour. A vista of Tamriel with bizzare dark crimson clouds forming and thickening overhead. A group of Heroes gathering one by one and assessing each other cautiously while keeping an eye on the menacing clouds above.

Azura voiceover: Because there are other threats to Nirn. There are those who see Molag Bal's defeat as an opening; who see the rise of mortal champions who can defeat a Daedric Prince as an opportunity. You must learn to see as we see, if you are to work together to stop the danger that approaches your world.
    Hero voiceover: What's coming?

The previous image continues, but now the dark clouds swoop down and rush in over the assembled heroes and fill the screen, which fades to black.

Molag Bal voiceover: Your doom.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Dragon Break, sometimes referred to as an un-time, is a temporal phenomenon that involves a splitting of the natural timeline which results in branching parallel realities where the same events occur differently, or not at all. At the end of a Dragon Break, the timeline reconnects making all possibilities and outcomes truth, though contradictory to each other.

When molag bal tried to bring nirn into oblivion he created a dragonbreak, where an infinite number of "Heros" would stop him. He states that he'll remove you from history, and that's what will happen. History will only record the outcome of the interregnum not the events that took place since they'll be incomprehensible. Unless someone can figure out a dragonbreak occurred during this time and record it before the timeline merges all our actions.

If you don't understand think of it this way. If I complete the fighters guild as me, and you did the same thing but as you. Historically we both did the same thing but we're different people. So if someone who saw me in their timeline recorded it, then that same person in your timeline recorded you, when the dragonbreak ends both those journals/records must be "true". The only way to make them true is to make the hero unknown, or rather "remove them from history" just like molag bal said. (when you defeat a dolmen molag bal sometime says he'll remove you from history)

Therefor it is lore-friendly for all of us to be playing the "same character", and it ties into molag bals claims.

You mean.... like this?

But here's a sneak peak of an upcoming animated commercial for late 2016/early 2017 to further the new main story hinted at when you finish Orsinium...
    Or at least the script/storyboard *I* would create for a promo of the upcoming multi-DLC spanning War of the Gods storyline...

Total darkness is broken by a flash, which reveals the image of The Hero, standing in a brightly lit portal. The image shifts from tall thin robed Breton to short Bosmer with a bow to a heavy armor clad Argonian to a dozen other shapes. The shifting form stretches, looks about, and slowly walks forward and is consumed by the darkness. [Goes with dialogue below]

Azura voiceover: They fought alongside the Prophet and his companions to thwart the will of Molag Bal.

An animated battle scene shows The Hero fighting the Worm Cult in Tamriel and the forces of Molag Bal in Coldharbour. Unlike the last scene, one Hero is shown at a time, though the cuts in the action continue to switch from one Hero to another, even within the same fight.

Meridia voiceover: The Soul Burst ruptured the fabric of time, creating thousands of moments, any one of which Molag Bal could seize and forge into the future. In each of those moments a champion arose to defeat him.
    Merdia voiceover: Yes. Each with the potential to solidify into the future all of Tamriel must face. Each mortal chosen sees the world as if they were the only one, and the world treats them as such, yet many of those you call ally, or foe, or have yet to meet, see the world the same way. You have all proven yourself, and those that survived are being called upon once more.

Images of warped and strange impossible landscapes and bizarre creatures from various planes of Oblivion. A shot of Coldharbour. A vista of Tamriel with bizzare dark crimson clouds forming and thickening overhead. A group of Heroes gathering one by one and assessing each other cautiously while keeping an eye on the menacing clouds above.

Azura voiceover: Because there are other threats to Nirn. There are those who see Molag Bal's defeat as an opening; who see the rise of mortal champions who can defeat a Daedric Prince as an opportunity. You must learn to see as we see, if you are to work together to stop the danger that approaches your world.

The previous image continues, but now the dark clouds swoop down and rush in over the assembled heroes and fill the screen, which fades to black.

What?
    Master Debater
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean.... like this?

What?

Yeah, I don't know. It looks like some rough text that was slated for the original Morrowind reveal, but... you know, not. Also, unless I accidentally woke up in the past, it's already 2017, so the window on that, "peek," has closed. It's in their cited source too, so, I'm inclined to think this was another one of those, "leaks," where the person doing the leaking didn't have any real information, but wanted to sound like they were in the know.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean.... like this?

What?
    Yeah, I don't know. It looks like some rough text that was slated for the original Morrowind reveal, but... you know, not. Also, unless I accidentally woke up in the past, it's already 2017, so the window on that, "peek," has closed. It's in their cited source too, so, I'm inclined to think this was another one of those, "leaks," where the person doing the leaking didn't have any real information, but wanted to sound like they were in the know.
    Guys, it's tinythinker's own, personal, completely apocryphal, concept for a "main quest continuation" trailer.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

You mean.... like this?

What?
    Guys, it's tinythinker's own, personal, completely apocryphal, concept for a "main quest continuation" trailer.

Well, at least that explains the writing.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You needed that explained? You completely missed the line that reads, and I quote:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You needed that explained? You completely missed the line that reads, and I quote:

Yes, I did completely miss that line. It was horrifically bad writing, can you really blame me for skimming across instead of studying each line?
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PVE purposes I just pretend most everyone else are all just a bunch of NPC's. Those who join me in Dolem fights are fellow fighter's guild members, others running through public dungeons are just random adventurers. The only time I don't have that mentality is with group some of the harder group dungeons and trials.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zuboko wrote: »
    Those who join me in Dolem fights are fellow fighter's guild members...

Or, just very confused. I accidentally ground a character to about 20 on a dolmen train before realizing they hadn't joined the guild yet.

Also, really minor nitpick, but...
    For PVE purposes I just pretend most everyone else are all just a bunch of NPC's.

Technically, "NPC," stands for, "non-player character." As in someone who is not being controlled by a live human being on the other end. I'm assuming you mean, they're other just other players derping around, and not other examples of The Vestige, but the way you said it sounded kinda... odd.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    There is this as well from here: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Soul_Shriven

Rebellion of the Soulless Ones

While Soul Shriven lack the focusing principle of their Anuic souls, scholars theorized that if they still possessed some other intrinsic Anuic aspect, they would form an unflawed body in Coldharbour that was a perfect duplicate of the body worn in Mundus. Should this individual bear a sufficiently high Anuic valence, their body would form almost instantaneously upon contact with Padomaic creatia. Further, scholars extrapolate that such an occurrence would take place if Mundus was subject to an existential threat. In this situation, the Heart of Nirn would spontaneously generate such individuals as a way of defending itself from destruction.[4] It would also be possible for a Soul Shriven to restore their physical form if they became re-attuned to Nirn. One such method is by absorbing the power of a Skyshard, fragments of Aetherius which carry the essence of Nirn within them.[9]

These theories were seemingly proven correct, as in 2E 579 Molag Bal began an attempt to meld his plane of Oblivion with Nirn to create a single nightmarish realm.[10] In response, countless numbers of Soul Shriven individuals imprisoned in Coldharbour were revealed to bear these exceptional Anuic qualities. Led by the half-giant, Lyris Titanborn, they rose up against their captors in 2E 582 and escaped the realm to combat the Daedric threat, as foretold by the Elder Scrolls.[9][10]
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    For PVE purposes I just pretend most everyone else are all just a bunch of NPC's. Those who join me in Dolem fights are fellow fighter's guild members, others running through public dungeons are just random adventurers. The only time I don't have that mentality is with group some of the harder group dungeons and trials.

I think to do the opposite of this:) I imagine the NPC's as being no different than non-npcs (as players you meet along the way) - or maybe it is not the opposite and the same.
    Edited by Eporem on September 8, 2017 9:45PM
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those who join me in Dolem fights are fellow fighter's guild members...

Or, just very confused. I accidentally ground a character to about 20 on a dolmen train before realizing they hadn't joined the guild yet.

Also, really minor nitpick, but...
    For PVE purposes I just pretend most everyone else are all just a bunch of NPC's.

Technically, "NPC," stands for, "non-player character." As in someone who is not being controlled by a live human being on the other end. I'm assuming you mean, they're other just other players derping around, and not other examples of The Vestige, but the way you said it sounded kinda... odd.

I know what NPC stands for and as far as I am concerned if I am not directly interacting with someone in a game there is little to no difference between them and a NPC and in some cases the NPC might have a higher IQ, than the PC, but that is a whole different discussion that gets into areas that don't belong on this forum and get away from the topic of this discussion.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I did completely miss that line. It was horrifically bad writing, can you really blame me for skimming across instead of studying each line?

On the bright side you now know to save your time when you see my name attached :smile:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On the bright side you now know to save your time when you see my name attached :smile:

It's a perk. Though, to be fair, I probably won't remember, since I don't usually hold anything against anyone for long.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and in some cases the NPC might have a higher IQ, than the PC, but that is a whole different discussion that gets into areas that don't belong on this forum and get away from the topic of this discussion.

Touche.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I really hope that if they ever do try to explain it, they don't use the Dragon Break theory. Such a cop-out.

To answer the question (without Dragon Break theory), we're not all playing the same character. There's only one Vestige, and that is you. Every other player character is just a generic adventurer.

This is why I wish they had not gone with the traditional Hero protagonist we see in SP for an MMO. I think if they had referred to everyone as a Hero, or adventurer. It would of done the job of stroking the Players ego and making them feel important while leaving room to acknowledge that we arent the ONLY hero running about. As it stands right now. We are in this weird situation where we all co-exist while simultaniously not co-existing.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax