The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Point for Winning a Battleground

kwinter
kwinter
✭✭✭
Should the player's on the Winning team get bonus points for actually winning a battleground. maybe 500 points that go to leader board score. Give players more incentive to try an win the Battleground
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer getting rewarded for my own performance. It means I still get a good score even if I get stuck with lower level/skill players and keeps people from being carried onto the leaderboard.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I noticed was the lack of points a teammate could get when playing Chaosball, the person carrying the scroll and a healer would be the only one getting any points at all. For example, I was one my tank carrying the ball, I survived really well cause well I was a tank, but we also had a great healer, and my wife was killing anyone that got close to me, she had a really large kill streak and was one of the key reasons we won. But when it came to the end to see what our personal scores was, she got to eat ****. Since she barely carried the ball and didn't really help to heal the ball carrier she didn't get any points. We had the ball for basically the entire game so she couldn't have gotten points from killing ball carries. There should be some type of medals for defensive kills close to your teams ball carrier. Beyond that, the other BG modes are fairly balanced in terms of medals and personal scores.
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    The thing with Battleground there not a lot of incentive to play as team and the try to win. I was just try think of a way to get more incentive to play for team objectives
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just getting guaranteed purple drops would be cool, seems no rhyme nor reason on the color of the drops to me, unless I'm mistake it seems random but you get two items for a win
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they added a W-L leaderboard more people would play as a team
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    W-L leaderboard would work
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Just getting guaranteed purple drops would be cool, seems no rhyme nor reason on the color of the drops to me, unless I'm mistake it seems random but you get two items for a win

@Beardimus the color of the items depends on your personal contribution, based off of your scoreboard score at the end of the fight. Green <1000, blue <2500 purple 2500+ (I think that's right, might be off a bit)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just love the green Coward's Gear rings. I'm totally blessed with loot in this game.

@Thogard

Thx for the explanation, I didn't know that. It's still not a good system as points don't always reflect your contribution.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I just love the green Coward's Gear rings. I'm totally blessed with loot in this game.

@Thogard

Thx for the explanation, I didn't know that. It's still not a good system as points don't always reflect your contribution.

@Feanor Are you a euro player or a PC NA player? Thought I saw you standing around Vivec city last night.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thogard

PC EU here. I'm standing around a lot these days ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I play solo I don't want to be rated for what my team does or quite often doesn't do. When I play with my proper team the joy I get out of stomping two teams or having won a very close match is enough in my opinion.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FakeFox

ELO or any system derived from it (like Glicko) takes that into account with the expected performance based on ratings as part of the calculation formula.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

@Beardimus the color of the items depends on your personal contribution, based off of your scoreboard score at the end of the fight. Green <1000, blue <2500 purple 2500+ (I think that's right, might be off a bit)

Ohhh sweet!!!! TY @Thogard they should so list that in game!! Would make people try in CTR / Dom modes
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Ohhh sweet!!!! TY @Thogard they should so list that in game!! Would make people try in CTR / Dom modes

That would be nice.

• kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    I just find it odd that Battlegrounds is a team Competition that rewards individual play and not group play. As result to get high score it better to play for oneself and not for the team, and those that take support roles are penalized for it.