Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Imperial DK wepon choice?

Slyjinxy
Slyjinxy
✭✭✭
I just started an Imperial Dragonknight and picked up a bow. I've never really used one in the game before. Is this a viable weapon? Would I be better off using sword and board until I hit level 15, then the bow or just forget bow altogether? I'm doing mainly pve, though if she isn't bad may try to dabble in pvp/*** dungeons.

Is it possible to tank and DPS with this character? I haven't allotted any skill points yet, just want opinions on which direction I should head.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    most tanks are if im not mistaken s&b both bars
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My DK tank runs a 2H greatsword on the back bar (see below).

If you're going to mix in some DPS (essentially making yourself an off-tank) ... it's a good complement to sword and board.

Most players don't use bow as their primary weapon for either tanking or DPS. But you can use it (and keep leveling it) on your back bar if you want to.

ajgcDau.jpg
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 6, 2017 4:58PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slyjinxy wrote: »

Is it possible to tank and DPS with this character? I haven't allotted any skill points yet, just want opinions on which direction I should head.

You can be Tanky and Do decent DPS. There are some nice Heavy Armor Magic and Stamina sets that can help you achieve that.

You can Tank and do little DPS (4K or so there). Tanking is gear and stacking attributes into Health, not conducive to dealing damage.

So, build and level your character and skills with DPS in mind as that is what you need for Solo content. Then once you reach the gear cap, you can respec and regear them into being a Tank.

Because an Imperial DK Tank is a wonderful thing. Its just really hard to level a Tank Solo.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"