Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion thread for "Clockwork City and Update 16 Preview"

• Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad that Re-Forging is a thing, kinda let down at how uninspired it is.

C'mon. Coulda had it been a reward from various overland dailies so there is a limit to how much you can get at a certain time while at the same introducing players to new aspects of the game.

Coulda Dropped it from Cyrodil Bounties, Crafting Writs, Pledges, Fighters/Mages Guild Dailies, DLC Dailies, treasure maps, the Daily Dungeon Bonus...

Something that has us interact with the game world in another way than just *** killing the ever living *** outta everything which is already done for the sets.

Leave Dungeons for grinding sets (and dungeon nick-nacks for your house, which should be a thing with the undaunted chests) and have overworld interactions be how you modify those weapons.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To everyone asking about MA and DSA weapons- https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/905165847781629953
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    Need more info on transmutation, are the crystals a guaranteed drop? How many do you need to retrait one item? Will the crystals be bound? Can you retrait all items, even vMA/vDSA weapons?
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Question; Does the transmutation system include changing the style of the gear?

Not at this time. However, they are working on it. It has been confirmed again today on twitter.
    Elder Scrolls Online‏ @TESOnline 42m42 minutes ago

Replying to @ManaBuilt @ethanmacfie
    We are working on a system for #ESO that is like what you're describing. We're calling it a transmogrify system.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone!

We'd like to answer a few questions that we've seen pop up in this thread and elsewhere. The transmutation system will allow for re-traiting of any weapon or armor (including gear from Trials, VMA, and DSA.) The only items currently not included are jewelry since you cannot research jewelry Traits. We will be publishing a detailed guide for this new system that should answer any questions regarding exactly how it works.

Even though they sound very similar, the transmutation system is not the transmogrify system (item re-skinning) you've heard we're working on (and may be called something different when we launch it.) The transmogrify system is still coming. The transmutation system is entirely different and separate.

And lastly, Clockwork City and Update 16 will be on the PTS later this month (in September.) Keep an eye out for details.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

We'd like to answer a few questions that we've seen pop up in this thread and elsewhere. The transmutation system will allow for re-traiting of any weapon or armor (including gear from Trials, VMA, and DSA.) The only items currently not included are jewelry since you cannot research jewelry Traits. We will be publishing a detailed guide for this new system that should answer any questions regarding exactly how it works.

Even though they sound very similar, the transmutation system is not the transmogrify system (item re-skinning) you've heard we're working on (and may be called something different when we launch it.) The transmogrify system is still coming. The transmutation system is entirely different and separate.

And lastly, Clockwork City and Update 16 will be on the PTS later this month (in September.) Keep an eye out for details.

Can you confirm the transmutation crystal will be tradeable?
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will the Transmutation crystals be available in the Crown Store as well as in-game?

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

Thank you for confirming this. I'm as excited for this as I am Transmutation. Can't wait to someday have a decent looking shield!
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the fact that the crystals are in vet content makes sense, as it only matters what trait you're using if you're attempting actually difficult content.

I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd love to see a video, even a very brief one, of what the Brass City looks like. We've all likely watched the now-ancient promo video of the Clockwork City and I certainly never expected it to be a zone or have a town. I'd love even a glimpse.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

HYPE!!!! :smiley:

Now I don't want to push too far with questions..... but will that future transmogrify system allow item re-skinning AND weapon dyes, or just weapon re-skinning?
    Edited by Vaoh on September 6, 2017 1:06AM
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    Glad that Re-Forging is a thing, kinda let down at how uninspired it is.

C'mon. Coulda had it been a reward from various overland dailies so there is a limit to how much you can get at a certain time while at the same introducing players to new aspects of the game.

Coulda Dropped it from Cyrodil Bounties, Crafting Writs, Pledges, Fighters/Mages Guild Dailies, DLC Dailies, treasure maps, the Daily Dungeon Bonus...

Something that has us interact with the game world in another way than just *** killing the ever living *** outta everything which is already done for the sets.

Leave Dungeons for grinding sets (and dungeon nick-nacks for your house, which should be a thing with the undaunted chests) and have overworld interactions be how you modify those weapons.

F*** daily limits.

Edited by Anhedonie on September 6, 2017 1:06AM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

What happens with sets that don't come in a given trait to begin with? Can I finally get a powered transmutation staff (and is it even intentional that this has never come in powered)?
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will the Transmutation crystals be available in the Crown Store as well as in-game?

NO! HELL, NO! Transmutation Crystal at the Crown Store is P2W (without a doubt)!

On the other hand, @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Transmutation Crystal is a CRAFT item! Okay, veteran level content is fine. BUT... Why can't we get this crystal DECONSTRUCTING or REFINING items? Unless this item is bound ... Is it? If this item is not bound and you can sell at Guild Trader, please, let it be acquired through refinement and deconstruction!
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a long time we asked for a better loot system in vMA, tokens or something like that, and the answer was always NO. And now you can run vma once, get the weapon and re-trait to BiS? lol, give me back the time i put doing 100+ plus vMA runs to get the perfect traits.

What a perfect way of show the lack of long term planning in this game.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must say I am really excited about this

• Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but I dislike the mechanical things in a game like this. I prefer the non synthetic mobs.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit understands you wish to encourage and reward running the difficult dungeons yes.

However it is also good to offer alternatives. Not everyone has the time or physical ability to do such things. Intense dungeon combat is not always enjoyable or possible for those of us who have issues with our paws, or our eyes or other things. Perhaps you might consider also adding these shiny crystals to the list of things available for crafting vouchers? Also has it been confirmed yet if the crystals are always rewarded for completion of the task or only sometimes?

You also have the catch 23 where certain clothing and sharp objects are sometimes required to run the hardest content but if you can't do the content in the first place then you cannot get the means to acquire the clothing and objects.

A new place to travel is always good - Khajiit welcomes this and looks forward to heading to grumpy robot land and hopes it will be well stocked with interesting potential loot. Maybe a dwemer khajiit or two even?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there should be a writ voucher price for Transmutation Crystals.
  • Deyoz
    Deyoz
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone!

I hope the crystals are in the corresponding content to be found, so if I would like to change an vMSA staff, I need a crystal from the vMSA. Everything else would be far too easy and would make everything valuable
    Platform: PS4 | Championpoints: 750+ ►
    Sorcerer Magicka/Stamina | Off-/Maintank | Templar Magicka | Dragonknight Stamina
    vHOF [✘] | vMOL HM [✘] | vMOL [✔] | vSO HM [✔] | vHRC HM [✔] | vAA HM [✔] | vDSA [✔]
    Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    For a long time we asked for a better loot system in vMA, tokens or something like that, and the answer was always NO. And now you can run vma once, get the weapon and re-trait to BiS? lol, give me back the time i put doing 100+ plus vMA runs to get the perfect traits.

What a perfect way of show the lack of long term planning in this game.

Well, we others who didn't (or don't want to) spend that time still don't have that BiS item. So we'll have to wait till October or possibly longer (to get the crystals as well), while you had your gear all those months as a reward for farming.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, it will finally be possible to have droped sets in nirn trait..
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    First, ZOS thank you you very much for bringing a retraiting system to ESO. This has been long requested and has the potential to save folks from an untold number of hours dumped into fun-robbing & mindless grinding.

However I do have two concerns about your plans to implement this feature, which follow:
    1) Please let players have other ways to obtain these transmutation crystals aside from running vet dungeons and trials. Let players focus on the content they enjoy most (e.g. PvP, exploration, crafting, etc.). With how important the retraiting system is to players of all types, it would be a shame to lock it behind a dungeon/trial grind.
    2) Do you plan to engage the players (to include those beyond these forums and streamers) to find out what we'd like to see in a retraiting system? I ask specifically with Battlegrounds (BGs) in mind, which was an example of a key feature requested for a long time that was developed with little feedback from all of the players (e.g. no email surveys, no in game surveys, no Survey Monkeys, limited PTS testing, etc.)...and the result wasn't good. It would be nice to see a change of direction with this retraiting system.
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do think PVPers should have a way to get them.

They already have to level up and grind skill in Pve. Then grind gear in Pve.

I do pledges at least daily, so I'll get them easy. Just saying, shouldn't force people to play what they don't want. Strict PVPers have to do a lot of Pve as it is.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully it will be something as a rarity or only for bound items... because it would make no point to just take/buy any weapon/armour and then just retrait it with the best trait.

It's a very nice thing but hopefully comes with a price and does not destroy the market. And the thrill of getting your gear in the right trait. (:
    Edited by maboleth on September 6, 2017 9:15AM
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I do think PVPers should have a way to get them.

They already have to level up and grind skill in Pve. Then grind gear in Pve.

I do pledges at least daily, so I'll get them easy. Just saying, shouldn't force people to play what they don't want. Strict PVPers have to do a lot of Pve as it is.

PvPers do have a way to get them, running Vet Dungeons. Just like theyve had to do for years to get a BiS monster set, or having to run trials to get BiS gear. The game is designed to reward those that play PvE and PvP. Thats why needed skills and gear are in both.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    However it is also good to offer alternatives. Not everyone has the time or physical ability to do such things. Intense dungeon combat is not always enjoyable or possible for those of us who have issues with our paws, or our eyes or other things. Perhaps you might consider also adding these shiny crystals to the list of things available for crafting vouchers?

+1 this. Incentivizing the Vet content doesn't make it easier to find a competent PuG for those of us not in those sorts of guilds.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is cool news. Am worried about the wider implications to play style - i.e. less people doing pledges / dungeons etc - but for the hard to get items, or old redundant golded gear this is awesome. and fair play to @ZOS_JessicaFolsom for the update on their thread to answer the vMA questions etc.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    This is cool news. Am worried about the wider implications to play style - i.e. less people doing pledges / dungeons etc - but for the hard to get items, or old redundant golded gear this is awesome. and fair play to @ZOS_JessicaFolsom for the update on their thread to answer the vMA questions etc.

Hold on sir, we still don't know the drop rate of these crystals ;-)

It might be even worse than the current grinding so I wouldn't be so optimistic... But if the drop rate was reasonable, then ironically it could be very healthy for vet content (including pledges) - people will start farming again, but this time the crystals, not gear - provided that the drop rate is reasonable.

And also I would prefer the system to work like that: the harder content you do, the better chances are (with the highest chances or even certainty in vet trials HM).
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very nice this will revitalize pledges and dungeons. I wonder if they will be tradable or super rare while thinking how many will you need. Assuming it's not overkill this will bring at lot new things such new builds posted, better inventory management (no need to hoard) , encomany balance, a chance to explore instead of grind.

* I hoping it's not bind on equip if you give item w new trait, but don't know how encomany will last.

* I don't hope the Crystal are tradable as you really should explore dungeons, but then again options.

* I am hoping the need Crafters I'm groups. This will make things interesting.

* I am wondering @ZOS_GinaBruno will items with special effects like ones from mol for certain traits transfer it transmuted? Ex my charged staff has like bolts go through it.

Looking forward to this, eso for best game of 2017
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I hope they have at least 20% drop rate. Otherwise the farming would be just about as frustrating.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |