Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion thread for "Clockwork City and Update 16 Preview"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
fdd08fd5657fa583cf78446f9b355848.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Clockwork City and Update 16 Preview blog article.

Step into Sotha Sil's realm with the Clockwork City DLC game pack, coming this Fall as part of ESO Plus membership and available in the Crown Store. Find out everything you need to know about this new zone and Update 16 with our preview article!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really excited for this, also hope there will be a fishing achivement in this new zone, or maybe mechanical constructs and water don't mix well :/ Really awesome stuff, hope we get a PTS date soon :)
  • lpfan678
    lpfan678
    ✭✭✭
    Is the Transmutation system exclusive to crafted weapons/armor? The obvious question is, can you transmute out the many useless and disappointing traits of vMA weapons?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay,gotta grind vet content for the crystals.gauranteed drop? they account bound too? Seriously,wtf does everything have to involve grinding? Can no developer come up with a better system?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pts date? Is it after IC event?
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    lpfan678 wrote: »
    Is the Transmutation system exclusive to crafted weapons/armor? The obvious question is, can you transmute out the many useless and disappointing traits of vMA weapons?

I think this is what is gonna happen, otherwise, transmutation would be pointless, just go and make your own gear if it only works with crafted items.

That said, transmutation came quickly after they announced it.... but will make getting BIS gear that much easier expect prices for items that are less useful (like invigorating) to increase, people gonna be changing useless traits to useful traits real quick.

Also, collect all the transmutation crystals... those things are gonna sell for a ton of gold...

"In addition to the crafting skill requirement, Transmutation requires a special new resource called Transmutation Crystals that you'll need to collect and save. You'll be able to earn Transmutation Crystals by completing veteran level content (such as Veteran Mode Dungeons or Trials)"

or not
    Edited by Gan Xing on September 5, 2017 5:49PM
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any chance we can get clarification on whether any items will be excluded from transmutation?

Specifically, will we be able to change the traits of dungeon set items, trial set items and vDSA / vMA weapons?

Thanks
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, some of the vet dungeons can be run in as little as 10 minutes so I don't think those mats will be that expensive. Think of CoA 1 for example.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the love of god, make it possible to get some of these crystals in pvp rewards. Why do we HAVE to do all this pve if we just want to pvp.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ,

To confirm, the Transmutation crystals will not drop in the arenas (Maelstorm, Dragonstar, etc.)
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And where is September crownstore preview :/
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    For the love of god, make it possible to get some of these crystals in pvp rewards. Why do we HAVE to do all this pve if we just want to pvp.

Good idea, and while they're at it they should make it possible to get AP outside PVP. After all, why should those of us who only want to PVE be forced to PVP in order to get PVP rewards. >:)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Well, some of the vet dungeons can be run in as little as 10 minutes so I don't think those mats will be that expensive. Think of CoA 1 for example.

Fungal Grotto 1 is another good example, pretty sure it takes less than 10 minutes because you can skip a big section of it.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: With the retraiting system, will we be able to re-trait vMA weapons, Master weapons and trial/dungeon set drops? Please say yes, please say yes...

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ,

To confirm, the Transmutation crystals will not drop in the arenas (Maelstorm, Dragonstar, etc.)

I don't see why they wouldn't if they are Vet content.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only wish these crystals were available in the normal difficulty to allow new players to catch up.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Good idea, and while they're at it they should make it possible to get AP outside PVP. After all, why should those of us who only want to PVE be forced to PVP in order to get PVP rewards. >:)

What PVP rewards do PVE players want? All of the PVP gear is sub-standard for PVE. Could it be the Akaviri and Militant Ordinator motifs?

Regardless of that, the transmutation crystals need to be made available for PVPers as well, be it from the end of campaign rewards or from The Golden vendor on weekends.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Also, can you confirm the Transmutation Shards will be tradeable?
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks Great! When does it come out?
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the official discussion thread for the Clockwork City and Update 16 Preview blog article.

Step into Sotha Sil's realm with the Clockwork City DLC game pack, coming this Fall as part of ESO Plus membership and available in the Crown Store. Find out everything you need to know about this new zone and Update 16 with our preview article!

yay I am sort of excited:

QUESTION: Lets say your buddy has BOUND spinners fire staff that has crap trait. and you are the master crafter. how are you going to change his weapon's trait?

Based on what I am reading .. people can only re-trait their own weapons if only "they" have the traits researched. you cannot re-trait someone's bound armor/weapons.

So crafters making money on this sounds like not going to happen. unless I am missing something.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭

Except item traits are not exclusive to PvE or PvP. Grinding for the transmutation crystals shouldn't be obtainable only through PvE.

ZOS, Please don't make PvPers grind PvE to change traits... Make them a rare drop in PvP rewards, campaign rewards, or even an purchasable with AP. Make it accessible to both playstyles.
    Edited by VelociousLegend on September 5, 2017 6:56PM
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »

QUESTION: Lets say your buddy has BOUND spinners fire staff that has crap trait. and you are the master crafter. how are you going to change his weapon's trait?

Based on what I am reading .. people can only re-trait their own weapons if only "they" have the traits researched. you cannot re-trait someone's bound armor/weapons.

So crafters making money on this sounds like not going to happen. unless I am missing something.

Can always have your buddy buy a crap spinner inferno off a guild store and pay you to retrait it. Makes sense to me that coveted items like vMA weapons would require investment from the player themselves.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can always have your buddy buy a crap spinner inferno off a guild store and pay you to retrait it. Makes sense to me that coveted items like vMA weapons would require investment from the player themselves.

good point. Now lets say the weapons is a drop from a dungeon. what then ?
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Your buddy should probably spend the 6 hours to research the trait he wants, and then (unless they pull out some other requirement) he'll be good to go.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In addition to earning AP for motifs and style items to be used in crafting orders or master writs, but non-crafters want unlock PvP skills like rapid maneuvers, vigor, warhorn, etc. which are useful in PvE.

Actually, you can earn AP outside of PvP (see http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-cyrodiil-do-you-know-about-the-pve-daily-quests/) however the number of dailies you can do is capped. However, it would be very time consuming to do so and there is no guarantee your faction will control the town when you do them.

I would like to see more ways to earn AP via PvE, perhaps special Cyrodiil Crafting Writs that reward motifs, style items, and/or AP. My suggestion would be make any AP earned in this way to just go to the bank so that it wouldn't affect a characters PvP Rank. However, this would not help players needing to unlock PvP skills.

• Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Question; Does the transmutation system include changing the style of the gear?
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Rustyfish101
    Rustyfish101
    ✭✭✭
    hypeeee :D:D
    Tanks:
    Fishando - Dragonknight Tank - Master Crafter
    Healers:
    Rustyfish - Templar Healer
    Rozykinz - Warden Healer - Godslayer
    Bellafish - Dragonknight Healer
    Heals-With-Fish - Nightblade Healer
    Fishromancer - Necromancer Healer
    DPS:
    Rusted Rose - Magicka Sorcerer
    Unifish - Magicka Dragonknight
    Fishy Cakes - Magicka Templar
    Rosy Bell - Magicka Nightblade
    Rosyfish - Stamina Templar
    Rosy Fish - Stamina Warden
    Llamafish - Stamina Nightblade

PC/NA
    Founder of Mudcrab Knights, a friendly, welcoming, guild that teaches end game content, specifically trials to everyone who wants to learn!
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In addition to earning AP for motifs and style items to be used in crafting orders or master writs, but non-crafters want unlock PvP skills like rapid maneuvers, vigor, warhorn, etc. which are useful in PvE.

Actually, you can earn AP outside of PvP (see http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-cyrodiil-do-you-know-about-the-pve-daily-quests/) however the number of dailies you can do is capped. However, it would be very time consuming to do so and there is no guarantee your faction will control the town when you do them.

I would like to see more ways to earn AP via PvE, perhaps special Cyrodiil Crafting Writs that reward motifs, style items, and/or AP. My suggestion would be make any AP earned in this way to just go to the bank so that it wouldn't affect a characters PvP Rank. However, this would not help players needing to unlock PvP skills.

I was only thinking of the PVP motifs and other craft like items. If you want the PVP skills, vigor, etc and ranks. you'd still need to go PVP for those.
    Anyone can show up at their PVP home base and buy items off the Golden for gold, lots of gold, they could do the same for other craft type items.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on September 5, 2017 7:50PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can get rapid maneuvers in literally the first minute you enter cyrodiil at lvl 10.
    You can get vigor and warhorn in 2-3 hours without having to kill a single person in PVP.

There is a difference between the game giving you motivation to do both PVP/PVE and forcing to grind a specific content over and over again even if you dont like it.

PVP skills are a motivation for people to give PVP a try and see if they like it. Its not forcing you to do it for countless hours. If you dont like it feel free to not do it again after those couple of hours you spent to get the skills. But locking things behind countless of dungeon runs isnt a motivation to try PVE. Its a stupid grind. And that comes from someone who doesnt even have a problem with doing PVE.
    Edited by pieratsos on September 5, 2017 7:57PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the QQ from PvPers. There's plenty of vet dungeons that are braindead easy. You can farm this stuff just as fast as everyone else, just join the PvE hype trains like you would a PvP zerg.
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Question; Does the transmutation system include changing the style of the gear?

Judging by the phrasing of the announcement I'm guessing not.
    This displeases me. :(

If the work to alter traits has been done already, adding style change shouldn't really need much additional work.

Can we please get style change added in @ZOS_GinaBruno?