Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Sorc - help with rotation (5 juli, moondancer, ilambris)

WhoSlappedThePie
WhoSlappedThePie
✭✭✭
Hi guys,

I'm using: 5x juli, 4x moondancer (infused lightning staff and random lightning nirnhorn backbar) and 2x ilambris.

Can you help with rotation? I'm using apprentice mundos stone, should I change that for dummy test? Lover?

What skills, mundos stone and rotation should I use to get 35k+?

Just did a quick dummy test and got a crappy 30k...
"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
Magsorc Breton
Magblade Darkelf
Stam DK Redguard
Healer Templar High Elf
Tank DK Argonian
Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet or no-pet?
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a lightning vma staff?
    Also pet build will do more dps. You could swap julianos out for necropotence.
    From there, it is mostly practicing your rotation and weaving well.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Horowonnoe wrote: »
    Do you have a lightning vma staff?
    Also pet build will do more dps. You could swap julianos out for necropotence.
    From there, it is mostly practicing your rotation and weaving well.

OK, no lightning vma staff unfortunately, only pet I use is volatile familiar and Julianos worked better for me than Necro even with a pet activated. I did many tests and necro was not as strong although the sustain was indeed better.

I am now hitting 35k with non-lightning vMA staff and julianos which is great as before it was 30k. It was a case of practicing the rotation... I'm happier than I was! HOpefully I can hit higher...

Sucks a bit as lightning vMA staff is only better for dummy tests? To bump up the inaccurate score on 3/6m dummy. Inferno vMA staff is better on backbar? Anybody else agree with this statement?

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on your group composition. Back when raids were 8 mag sorcs, it didn't matter of some ran Inferno. Now, there may only be 2-3, so you really need to know how much responsibility you have for maintaining Blockade of Storms and Concussed. If your group isn't close to 100% uptime on Minor Vulnerability and Off-Balance, you really should not be running Inferno back bar, even if it personally gives you more dps. The total dps of the group will be less.
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    It depends on your group composition. Back when raids were 8 mag sorcs, it didn't matter of some ran Inferno. Now, there may only be 2-3, so you really need to know how much responsibility you have for maintaining Blockade of Storms and Concussed. If your group isn't close to 100% uptime on Minor Vulnerability and Off-Balance, you really should not be running Inferno back bar, even if it personally gives you more dps. The total dps of the group will be less.

Luckily I'm running with my guild who have a good uptime for concussion so maybe I should have pointed that out; I think the inferno infused staff will be BiS with the uptime. Otherwise, I have a moondancer sharpened for back bar (which I used in dummy tests) which hits like a truck. So far. It will be more....

I just want to get past 35k on a dummy :D so close! >.< need to improve the rotation and animation cancelling.

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard