The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ye old main story

Nordic_Pirate
Nordic_Pirate
✭✭✭✭
The old main story was fun, and I think originally after beta it helped immerse the player into a somewhat meaningful experience. Now, since One Tamriel, Everytime I complete the quests on a new character, the prophet or another of the chars immediately appears telling you to hurry to the harborage. Back in the day, these events were unlocked by levels. I think that should be kept. Even if we're allowed to level a character to 50 without the main story...once we hit 50 and if we decide to do the story, then sure...let one after another happen. But I think prior to that, the levels should unlock the mission. It just helps with immersion.
Yes, I do heartily repent. I repent I had not done more mischief; and that we did not cut the throats of them that took us, and I am extremely sorry that you aren't hanged as well as we.

— Anonymous pirate, asked on the gallows if he repented.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is quite funny when after completing a quest you leave prophets cave and he appears straight away telling you to hurry back to the harborage.

I mean come on old man! Could you not have told me you have new piece of intel when I was there? Like 10 seconds ago? Do you suffer memory loss or something?
    Edited by red_emu on August 31, 2017 11:28AM
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I disagree, I was happy to get the MQ out of the way before lvl 25 on my most recent character.

Maybe they could disable the visitations on accounts that have done the MQ before, or at least give us that option. We know where to find the Prophet when we want him, and he only gives useful info in person anyway.
    Shadow hide you.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, it's him chasing me around now. I liked it better when I would only see him at the gates of the main city of the Alliance I was in. That way I could ignore the MQ if I wanted to. Now, he is showing up in my houses to ask for help.

I understand it makes it easier to find and do the MQ this way, but there has to be a better way. A work around is to talk to him, but just never go to the Harborage. At least then you can quest in MQ Peace.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just put the main quest on a timer -- say, finish one and you'll get the next one tomorrow. Like with dailies.