Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZoS Customer Service- "They can't complain if they don't have an account!"

Tyrobag
Tyrobag
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I've been trying to change the email account that I use for my ESO account because I'm loosing the old one soon, sounds simple right? WRONG!

Turns out that to change your email (rather than just confirming through the old one) you need to answer your security question, ok fair enough. Unfortunately I forgot mine, but that's on me, so again fair enough. Now this means that I have to go through ZoS customer service (if you've ever dealt with this yourself then you already know how bad that can get). I send them a message saying that I need to change my email, but don't know the answer to my security question. I make this very clear in the email. I get a reply from them thats just sooo helpful (he says with barely contained sarcasm) and tells me exactly how to change the email for my account by going onto the website and answering my security question. If only I'd tried that before!

I then reply to this email, repeating the same information as before, and get a real human this time (or it may have been the hamster that runs the eso servers, not sure). After a little back and fourth, I get an email that actually acknowledges what I was asking. They want me to provide them with one of two forms of ID: either the last 4 digits of the credit card used for the account, or the answer to my security question (this once again makes me feel like they aren't really paying any attention). Either way, fine, now I can identify myself and fix this problem. So I told them the last 4 digits of my card #, and even my game registration code for good measure. The next day I got an email saying that they had reset my security question. Yay! I'm finally done with this nightmare!
NOPE!
When I go in and change my Email, I go through all the steps. Give them the new email and answer my question. Receive a confirmation code in the old email, and enter that in. Now they send me an activation link to the new email. I click the link and it brings me to a page with the message: "Activation code is invalid." O_O
I go back to log into my account and when I do I get: "Not Activated" and a link to resend the activation email. Doing this just results in another "Activation code is invalid."

So now I am officially locked out of my account (as well as support) all because I wanted to shift to a different email.

Great job ZoS, real top notch service here (<-Sarcasm strong enough to transcend dimensions).
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gotta acknowledge that some people who buy accounts may try this to gain access to an account they bought black market.

Sounds utterly frustrating, hope your issue gets resolved.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im going to give you some even worse news and Its not meant as a troll but more as a service to other people reading.

your expectations were to high, once you buy the game, youre on your own.
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're having difficulties with your activation code, please reply to your support ticket so that they can further assist on the matter. While we understand your frustration, support will not be aware of an invalid link received by email and will need to be informed so that they can assist further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • TheAngelofDeath99
    TheAngelofDeath99
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_CoriJ wrote: »
    If you're having difficulties with your activation code, please reply to your support ticket so that they can further assist on the matter. While we understand your frustration, support will not be aware of an invalid link received by email and will need to be informed so that they can assist further.

He is also locked out of support.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Facepalm"
  • Fusiondk
    Fusiondk
    ✭✭

Lol...I just I unsubbed. That response shows me there is zero hope.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Tyrobag We've sent you a PM to look into this further. Please reply back to the PM in your inbox whenever you can.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post