The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Additional fix coming for Poison Injection?

Solariken
Solariken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Per the most recent patch notes:

Poison Injection (Poison Arrow morph): This morph will now recalculate its damage over time each time it ticks. This fixes the issue where the execute damage was not updating as the target gained or lost health, but also means the tick value can increase or decrease if your stats change while it’s active.

Known Issue: Poison Injection will currently consume the Cruel Flurry enchantment bonus but will not gain the benefit from it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel If Poison Injection is recalculating DOT damage when stats change, then this will be a large and unnecessary buff to melee builds using Poison Injection on the back bar. It's unclear from the wording in the patch notes whether this will be fixed to behave as other single target DOTS and not increase in damage on bar swap.

Can you please clarify?

Edited by Solariken on August 28, 2017 8:15PM
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    just commenting for bump this seems important
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Solariken

It means we used to light attack poison inject rapid strikes proc cruel flurry was buffing our poison injection and if we kept rapids up it kept the enchantment buff.

Zos is saying it will keep the CF enchantment buff but will not retain the reapply of if during rapid strikes. Meaning we have to rapids again switch bars poison injection again to keep the 4 sec buff active.

Or at least that's what i got @Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno correct ? As it is a single target dot ?

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most Stamina builds were already casting Poison Injection last in their back bar rotation and bar swapping immediately after, so the Poison Injection would land while on their front bar; which caused it to gain your other bar's stats. This change merely allows for more flexible rotation paths as well as being more inline with what the skill does.

Honestly all Damage and Healing over time should get this treatment; AoE DoTs already do, so it doesn't make a lick of sense that single target DoTs do not. Zenimax is constantly stating they make balance changes so that the game is more "in line" with its own rule set so players can learn, yet extremely important calculations such as this contradict on another.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most Stamina builds were already casting Poison Injection last in their back bar rotation and bar swapping immediately after, so the Poison Injection would land while on their front bar; which caused it to gain your other bar's stats. This change merely allows for more flexible rotation paths as well as being more inline with what the skill does.

Honestly all Damage and Healing over time should get this treatment; AoE DoTs already do, so it doesn't make a lick of sense that single target DoTs do not. Zenimax is constantly stating they make balance changes so that the game is more "in line" with its own rule set so players can learn, yet extremely important calculations such as this contradict on another.

Yeah more consistency would be nice, however I'll be honest and say that I don't like that PI can be buffed by swapping bars because then that will be how it's damage is balanced, aka it will continued to have depressed damage for main-hand bow users. Bow doesn't need any more senseless handicaps. : /
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Yeah more consistency would be nice, however I'll be honest and say that I don't like that PI can be buffed by swapping bars because then that will be how it's damage is balanced, aka it will continued to have depressed damage for main-hand bow users. Bow doesn't need any more senseless handicaps. : /

Why would it have depressed damage? If you're a main hand bow user, then you'll be building your bow bar to have the most damage output. I have a bow build that does exactly this. It's no different than building my 2H bar for maximum damage.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

Why would it have depressed damage? If you're a main hand bow user, then you'll be building your bow bar to have the most damage output. I have a bow build that does exactly this. It's no different than building my 2H bar for maximum damage.

Because ZOS, in their infinite un-wisdom, gave bow a significant weapon damage handicap compared to 2h/dw. So if they balance PI damage to control for dual wield levels of damage, PI will be artificially weaker while you hold a bow. Unfortunately Hawk Eye and Long Shots do not make up for this discrepancy.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey um you forgot to put the fix for poison injection into the console update now what do we got to do wait six weeks until it gets fixed that's ridiculous you guys was aware of it being bugged before the update on console was released yet you didn't put the fix in for it wtf
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Hey um you forgot to put the fix for poison injection into the console update now what do we got to do wait six weeks until it gets fixed that's ridiculous you guys was aware of it being bugged before the update on console was released yet you didn't put the fix in for it wtf

Why do you keep spamming this BS everywhere. People told you on 3 threads at least that they cant just change patch few days before release.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because ZOS, in their infinite un-wisdom, gave bow a significant weapon damage handicap compared to 2h/dw. So if they balance PI damage to control for dual wield levels of damage, PI will be artificially weaker while you hold a bow. Unfortunately Hawk Eye and Long Shots do not make up for this discrepancy.

Well that bow line is weird. It's either a buff skill, or a backbar setup. But I did notice that it's ultimate that deals poison DMG, is a channel akin to soul Assault. But who knows if that skill is actually a channel because i based my info on the tooltip lol. There's a few other skills that add dots/undodgeable effects, so on paper one could come up with a build that adds undodgable consistent DMG with highly countered but high DMG skills (Relentless Bowblade, DK Heavy Attack buffed build, Sorc bow Skirmirsher, etc.).

Also they dumped too much DMG into snipe, at sacrifice to the other skills, in my opinion. Plus the sets they have bow, are not unique or are missing penetration to make they worthwhile.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Well that bow line is weird. It's either a buff skill, or a backbar setup. But I did notice that it's ultimate that deals poison DMG, is a channel akin to soul Assault. But who knows if that skill is actually a channel because i based my info on the tooltip lol. There's a few other skills that add dots/undodgeable effects, so on paper one could come up with a build that adds undodgable consistent DMG with highly countered but high DMG skills (Relentless Bowblade, DK Heavy Attack buffed build, Sorc bow Skirmirsher, etc.).

Also they dumped too much DMG into snipe, at sacrifice to the other skills, in my opinion. Plus the sets they have bow, are not unique or are missing penetration to make they worthwhile.

Regarding bow ulti. It is like flurry, except both the normal hits and the dot (on toxic barrage morph) are direct. While also procing Skoria like DoT. The DoT is also the only part that is 'undodgeable' (is applied no matter what), which hardly matters, the real damage comes from the channel that can be 90% dodged by single dodge roll lol
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »

Regarding bow ulti. It is like flurry, except both the normal hits and the dot (on toxic barrage morph) are direct. While also procing Skoria like DoT. The DoT is also the only part that is 'undodgeable' (is applied no matter what), which hardly matters, the real damage comes from the channel that can be 90% dodged by single dodge roll lol

Lol. That's why I can say lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual