Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would Dwemer be more Stamina or Magicka based?

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I was thinking about this.

Elves seem, in general, to have a natural affinity towards magic.

However, in every telling about Dwemer I have read, the stories are about physical exploits.

Like a Dwemer setting up a bunch of mundane objects in a bar and making a Nord, chimer, etc upset and kills them all with a quick move.

Or the Dwemer that dressed up like a Centurian and fought so well they thought he was a construct.

Both are mostly physical based and not magicka.

The idea they build machines and constructions seem to be a more physical nature (same with being underground)

But they also had like telepathy.

What's your opinion?
Edited by Waffennacht on August 29, 2017 5:51AM
Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina, with a focus in enchanting, and mysticism.
  • Volsera
    Volsera
    ✭✭✭
    I like to see them as dwarves as in LOTR, small hairy sturdy people with an affinity towards constructing animunculi and huge underground cities. Needless to say that I think they will be definitely stamina based.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka, because they were smart enough to create automatrons and they had best enchanters in all of Tamriel.
    Edited by Shardan4968 on August 29, 2017 7:56AM
    PC/EU
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volsera wrote: »
    I like to see them as dwarves as in LOTR, small hairy sturdy people with an affinity towards constructing animunculi and huge underground cities. Needless to say that I think they will be definitely stamina based.

Yeah, that's actually incorrect, @Volsera. TES's dwemer are another race of elves. With a roughly similar height and appearance to High Elves. Dwemer actually means, "deep folk," or "deep ones," meaning "those weirdos digging out a new condo under their mom's basement."

The, "dwarves," moniker comes from Giants, who the Dwemer traded with.

But, no, the Dwemer were just another race of elves. Atheist elves. (Meaning they didn't believe the gods were inherently sacred, not that the Aedra and Daedra didn't exist.) But, still just elves.
  • Volsera
    Volsera
    ✭✭✭
    I know you're right @starkerealm but I don't know, it's just the image stuck in my head that I can't get out hehe. :sweat_smile:

Off-topic: a race of dwarves in ESO would be hella cool imo.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @starkerealm There were apatheist, they could care less about the gods. At least, that's how I read it :)

And to answer your question OP, they would likely be a mix like the dunmer. I could see their passives as:

Deep Folk: increase experience gained with destruction staves and heavy armor by 10%. When using a soul gem, you have a 5% chance to save the gem and return one empty soul gem to your inventory.

Sturdy: increases max stamina and health by 2/4/6%

Thinkers: increase max magicka by 4/7/10% and magicka regen by 2/4/6%.

Tinkerers: Increases damage dealt with pets and quest companions by 5%.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! Every once in a while I think about making a "Dwemer" character (just all Dwemer styled stuff and hide the face) but I wasn't sure which race would be most efficient/accurate.

Seems to me Dunmer and or Bosmer may be good choices (especially I think for height?)

I wouldn't want to use a race of man
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer for racials, altmer for looks. Altmer with the patriarch beard is almost perfect, pro tip :)
  • ChibchanLawyer
    It would make sense to the lore if they were stamina-based. Orcs (Orsimer) are a subspecies of elves, so it's not unheard of that an elven race be oriented towards stamina rather tan magicka. And Dwemer could try to make up for their lesser affinity to magic with their constructs, any dwarven mechanism could do better than al Altmer mage, but it's the machines they built, not the dwemer themselves, who perform the feats. Affinity notwithstanding, there were, of course, dwarven mages and whatnot, just like there are altmer Warriors or Orcish thieves.

As for the Role-Based passives from ESO, I'd agree with the setup proposed by @DocFrost72 .
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would make sense to the lore if they were stamina-based. Orcs (Orsimer) are a subspecies of elves, so it's not unheard of that an elven race be oriented towards stamina rather tan magicka.

Also, just, you know, thinking: Bosmer.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be inclined to think they were more Magicka-oriented, because they built constructs to do most of their physical work.

We are, however, ignoring the possibility that they might have been HP-based. ;)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be inclined to think they were more Magicka-oriented, because they built constructs to do most of their physical work.

We are, however, ignoring the possibility that they might have been HP-based. ;)

We're also assuming that they used the tri-stat system instead of the eight attributes. :p