Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Daedra War "Cyrodiil' Concept

LeafyPete
LeafyPete
Soul Shriven
I've been reading quite a few forum posts about the theorized Daedra War based on the main quest and other areas of the world that hint at a future conflict involving a catastrophic event taking place eventually in ESO. It peaked my interest and I started thinking of ways it could be integrated through story plot as well as mechanically. After reading a few PvP threads, I thought of the idea of a new 'Cyrodiil' releasing with this, but instead of your faction, it's your chosen Daedra.

Main reason I thought it would actually work, is I know a big complaint from most Campaigns now a days is the map feels stale. Never updated, etc. This would fix one of those chief complaints and allowing more diverse area with a setting that would actually work Lore wise.

So what do you all think of the idea? Believe it could work? Which Daedra would you fight for?
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would just get on with it already. I'd be willing to bet anything that the reason Bethesda's been dragging their feet with TESVI is because they're hanging back for this crap. Now we have to wait another year just for them add another random Daedric Prince at the very end of an otherwise boring and short questline with more unnecessarily cryptic dialogue.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've been guessing there will be a future PVP war based on Deadra. Perhaps Deadric Alliances between the Princes, as we know Clavicus Vile is working with others. Don't think it will be in Cyrodiil, but rather a plane of Oblivion.
  • LeafyPete
    LeafyPete
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, I've been guessing there will be a future PVP war based on Deadra. Perhaps Deadric Alliances between the Princes, as we know Clavicus Vile is working with others. Don't think it will be in Cyrodiil, but rather a plane of Oblivion.

I entirely agree. I wasn't meaning specifically the area of Cyrodiil, but rather the PvP war style map.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been done. Imperial City.

The problems of Cyrodiil don't stem from a lack of good ideas. The problem is that ZOS doesn't invest in Cyrodiil. I think the last thing most PVP players want is more PVE in Cyrodiil.
  • LeafyPete
    LeafyPete
    Soul Shriven
    zyk wrote: »
    It's been done. Imperial City.

The problems of Cyrodiil don't stem from a lack of good ideas. The problem is that ZOS doesn't invest in Cyrodiil. I think the last thing most PVP players want is more PVE in Cyrodiil.

Not sure how Imperial city is comparable to what I meant. I was more so picturing an entirely new war map, with instead of being bound by EP/AD/DC, you'd be bound by the daedra prince you chose to fight for. Allowing for a mixup of teams as well as a new map entirely.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wrote this a long time ago

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3595270#Comment_3595270

I wrote this idea in another thread and i thought i would share it here ....

So in the PVP you get to choose different Daedra classes all with their own ability ect starting at lv 0 and you have only basic first skills as you progress by killing other or doing other things you gain exp and skills gets unlocked.

Once when you reach lv 50 the cp points will be available the same to you.

Now the fun part....

Daedra players in Cyrodiil need to make sure all of the dark anchors are activated and kept active once when that is activated the Cloud Ruler Temple opens up and Titan Dragons come out ( with health of 40 mill or more) and take over the all castles in Cyrodiil ( imagine the view of zerging towards a castle just to see big ass titan standing on top of it) ...anyway all of the castles would be all black as they have been taken over ... in order to reclaim them you would need to close the dark anchors (once when closed the titans loose % of their health so the more alliances work together the easier the reclaim would be ) Or you can defeat the titan and move on closing the dark anchors once when the Titan Dragon is defeated you can claim the castle.

dark anchors would be defended by Daedra players ..spawning on the dark anchors will be available as the waves are completed.

Once when the Cloud Ruler Temple opens up and Titans are unleashed if one of the dark anchors is closed the Cloud Ruler Temple is closed if the dark anchors is then re open and re activates all of them again the Cloud Ruler Temple dose not open up again as there is a cool down.

Now that for me at least would be so SO much fun !!!!!

( so when i was talking about you are able to choose Daedra classes i was thinking more alike of AVP , Alien vs Predator so with the Daedra classes they are set up so you can't select Armour or weapons you can select magica or stamina classes most stamina have claws and are quick others have two handed ect and after lv 50 CP points are open )
    Edited by ForsakenSin on August 30, 2017 5:02AM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS basically put Cyrodiil AvA on life support in 2014. It hasn't added significant new content aside from some captureable flags. Most hardcore players consider Cyrodiil to be unfinished and neglected. We want ZOS to give us reasons to utilize more of the map.

This isn't because no one at ZOS can figure out how to do this or because there hasn't been good suggestions. It is because ZOS has not invested development resources to Cyrodiil. Forget new content, it usually takes ZOS months to solve major bugs in Cyrodiil -- there have been some ongoing bugs such as loading screens, LOD texture/meshes, an FPS drop bug and others that have persisted for close to 2 years or longer.

So I think it's unrealistic to expect ZOS to release a brand new AvA map -- and everything that comes with that: quests, voice acting, itemization, etc -- for a gameplay mode it is already neglecting, its business model does not support and is plagued with performance and gameplay issues.

Though IC isn't exactly what you're requesting, it is AvA in the context of an epic war with Daedra.

I think there will probably be Daedric and Oblivion themed content for Battlegrounds, but I would not expect ZOS to invest heavily in new open world AvA content -- nor would I want them to before finishing Cyrodiil.

To make Cyrodiil great again, start with this video:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307897/make-cyrodiil-great-again-a-tamriel-baguette-news-report/p1
    Edited by zyk on August 30, 2017 5:10AM
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like they'd have to shake up the game. Make the world less static as it is. Which would be too much work. So doubt we will ever see any sort of "cataclysmic" event, in or out of Cyrodiil. As exciting as that sounds, just don't see it happening.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question is, if they indeed do not plan a deadric AvA, why are they constantly hinting "Upcoming Deadric War between Princes"? I highly doubt it will result in some mere PvE DLC or chapter. I don't think cyrodiil's failures would stop ZOS from making a new AvA given their history.
    Edited by PrayingSeraph on August 30, 2017 6:55AM
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    A new war in Cyrodiil. Its a campaign where you have the three alliances fighting each other as usual except a regular, or non-regular, intervals large armies of Daedra pour out of the Imperial City and Dark Anchors and attack all three alliances. Their main aims could be to steal the Elder Scrolls for themselves.

And with every scroll they get there are more of them and they are tougher. And it could get so bad that the players from all three alliances may have to work together to survive. And the rewards at the end of the campaign can vary. If the Daedra are defeated, Gold level rewards for everyone. If your alliance merely survives you get the next best level of a reward. If your alliance falls, no reward.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• LeafyPete
    LeafyPete
    Soul Shriven
    zyk wrote: »
    ZOS basically put Cyrodiil AvA on life support in 2014. It hasn't added significant new content aside from some captureable flags. Most hardcore players consider Cyrodiil to be unfinished and neglected. We want ZOS to give us reasons to utilize more of the map.

This isn't because no one at ZOS can figure out how to do this or because there hasn't been good suggestions. It is because ZOS has not invested development resources to Cyrodiil. Forget new content, it usually takes ZOS months to solve major bugs in Cyrodiil -- there have been some ongoing bugs such as loading screens, LOD texture/meshes, an FPS drop bug and others that have persisted for close to 2 years or longer.

So I think it's unrealistic to expect ZOS to release a brand new AvA map -- and everything that comes with that: quests, voice acting, itemization, etc -- for a gameplay mode it is already neglecting, its business model does not support and is plagued with performance and gameplay issues.

Though IC isn't exactly what you're requesting, it is AvA in the context of an epic war with Daedra.

I think there will probably be Daedric and Oblivion themed content for Battlegrounds, but I would not expect ZOS to invest heavily in new open world AvA content -- nor would I want them to before finishing Cyrodiil.

To make Cyrodiil great again, start with this video:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307897/make-cyrodiil-great-again-a-tamriel-baguette-news-report/p1

I can see what you mean and how it'd be a hard sell and most likely will never come to fruition with current evidence on how they treat Cyrodiil.

However, I'd still agree with some of the others that it could very much so be the opportunity to do so. As it's a whole new focus on 'War' and AvA. Good video as well.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I played Aion, the NPC faction (forgot their names) would randomly take keeps. It was a fantastic concept, you'd get a couple of minutes warning, and they were incredibly tough to beat if you weren't organised.

Cyrodiil could definitely benefit from this happening. A random anchor spawning above a keep letting out a multitude of world boss difficulty mobs and trial bosses capable of sieging the keep. It would spread factions out from the current blobs, keep back keeps needing to be attended, and create some real atmosphere. Imagine DC and EP duking it out over Chal and suddenly an anchor spawns above?