The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ending The War

sirston
sirston
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey there, Its sirston again. Some of you may know me and others Not so much. But I have a PVP Idea that most of us can agree on. It's time to end the war.
With the current issues at hand with the game, and the lack of acknowledgment of the issues from zos. BTW saying something is different then doing something @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I think it's time ZOS puts old yeller down. And that is, the current PVP map. It has no place with this style of PVP now days and shouldn't be around. Back in release it was build for extreme amount of people fighting each other Im talking about 2000 people per Campaign. Which was a cool idea and had its place where you could have 5 keep battles at once. But that was three years ago.

If ZOS is going to continue to release Content that is PVE orientated and will affect PVP negatively and have this "we will get to it later attitude" Just slay me Slay me now.

Like all good things it must come to an end. with the cap I believe is around 200ish per alliance that amount of battles the map was made for is now unrealistic since there no incentive to fight more then 2 keeps even that. On prime time you will see maybe 3 battles. Sejanus to Alessia , nickel to the mile gate or bleakers to chalman,That's it. Why not end the war and make it a PVE area and make the imperial city/Sewers/battlegrounds PVP area's.

Major people make videos about like Fengrush/sypher/Alcast and many others.
Don't get me wrong I loved this game when it came out and its Major PVP; but the more Patch's that come out. Then do nothing to improve the PVP I suggest it's time we hung the white flag and lay Major PVP to rest since it has No place in ZOS's eyes. Which is a major loss opportunity for a company to make money but each to there own.

Conclusion: is to End the Current PVP Map/Make it a PVE area and make Imp City/Sewers/Battlegrounds PVP only Since No major action is being taken by ZOS. Maybe put rewards for Dueling but that's another Post for a another day.
Edited by sirston on December 12, 2016 8:22PM
Whitestakes Revenge
WoodElf Mag-Warden
Sirston
Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
Pride Of The Pact
Vehemence
The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors

Ending The War 139 votes

Yes, End the War...
32%
arkansas_ESOYolokin_Swagonborndeepseamk20b14_ESORalen Dhukathleetacakesb16_ESOrgullaksenb16_ESOK4RMATheDarkRulerAhPook_Is_HereNutshotzStreegaTommy83OldManJimLord_WrathsvartornsirstonAsgariKelcesFlawlless 45 votes
No! We should keep it as is and let it die off slowly!
12%
Pirhana7_ESOkevlarto_ESOMojmirValen_ByteStovahkiinErynyesRin_SenyaJaronkingPanerossSkinzzDankstaSkyyAstanphaeusicontriveChuga_ReiKarivaaOfficerOfDeath 17 votes
Wait! I have a better Idea! Let me explain.
9%
WillhelmBlackSotha_SilPublius_ScipioSorisSneaKHammy01Jaybe_MawfakaBlackfyre20ChandraNalaarForsakenSinDarius771zuto40Rohamad_Ali 13 votes
Nothing is Wrong, We should Put all our Faith Into ZOS.
13%
ItsMeTooGodspeedTaonnorKagheiValerienkwisatzDyrideGhostbaneNermyDisgracefulMindSheuibpaulsimonpsCelas_DranaceaNinthPrince64maxjapankFloppyTouchAsardesFoolishHumanJamini 19 votes
Did you Just assume my PVP?
32%
bosmern_ESOkadarPheefsVynnIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESORikumaruKnootewootforzajuve212SheezabeastScamandrosElongSorataArisugawaSorakaRickterTerraDewBerrytonemdtimidobserverMinalanDHaleDerra 45 votes
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like the options you provided
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang I clicked the wrong button .
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wrote this idea in another thread and i thought i would share it here ....

So in the PVP you get to choose different Daedra classes all with their own ability ect starting at lv 0 and you have only basic first skills as you progress by killing other or doing other things you gain exp and skills gets unlocked.

Once when you reach lv 50 the cp points will be available the same to you.

Now the fun part....

Daedra players in Cyrodiil need to make sure all of the dark anchors are activated and kept active once when that is activated the Cloud Ruler Temple opens up and Titan Dragons come out ( with health of 40 mill or more) and take over the all castles in Cyrodiil ( imagine the view of zerging towards a castle just to see big ass titan standing on top of it) ...anyway all of the castles would be all black as they have been taken over ... in order to reclaim them you would need to close the dark anchors (once when closed the titans loose % of their health so the more alliances work together the easier the reclaim would be ) Or you can defeat the titan and move on closing the dark anchors once when the Titan Dragon is defeated you can claim the castle.

dark anchors would be defended by Daedra players ..spawning on the dark anchors will be available as the waves are completed.

Once when the Cloud Ruler Temple opens up and Titans are unleashed if one of the dark anchors is closed the Cloud Ruler Temple is closed if the dark anchors is then re open and re activates all of them again the Cloud Ruler Temple dose not open up again as there is a cool down.

Now that for me at least would be so SO much fun !!!!!
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So in the PVP you get to choose different Daedra classes all with their own ability ect starting at lv 0 and you have only basic first skills as you progress by killing other or doing other things you gain exp and skills gets unlocked.

Now the fun part....

Daedra players in Cyrodiil need to make sure all of the dark anchors are activated and kept active once when that is activated the Cloud Ruler Temple opens up and Titan Dragons come out ( with health of 40 mill or more) and take over the all castles in Cyrodiil ( imagine the view of zerging towards a castle just to see big ass titan standing on top of it) ...anyway all of the castles would be all black as they have been taken over ... in order to reclaim them you would need to close the dark anchors (once when closed the titans loose % of their health so the more alliances work together the easier the reclaim would be ) Or you can defeat the titan and move on closing the dark anchors once when the Titan Dragon is defeated you can claim the castle.

dark anchors would be defended by Daedra players ..spawning on the dark anchors will be available as the waves are completed.

Once when the Cloud Ruler Temple opens up and Titans are unleashed if one of the dark anchors is closed the Cloud Ruler Temple is closed if the dark anchors is then re open and re activates all of them again the Cloud Ruler Temple dose not open up again as there is a cool down.

^cool, but i wanna fight in the EP DC and AD areas like stonefalls and auridon too when an alliance gets pushed to their gate like that it should open up and lead into the territories but its gotta be heavily defended by npcs since players cant always be there, make the grand warlords bosses on the level or even above the sewer flag bosses and give them praetorian guards who are at the same level as the sewer flag bosses
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now the fun part....

Sounds like LOTRO pvp. That worked out great.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, End the War...
    a bunch of us have come to the same conclusion and keep posting the same message over and over - cyrodiil is too big a pvp area to support the current pvp populations...

folks want intense AvAvA battles wherein they continue to respawn endlessly and travel a very short distance to the action...

I can't even imagine how insane (read total fun) it would be if everyone was squished in to IC...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm annoyed by today's patch. But no reason to throw the argonian baby out with the bath water.
    geonsocal wrote: »
    a bunch of us have come to the same conclusion and keep posting the same message over and over - cyrodiil is too big a pvp area to support the current pvp populations...

folks want intense AvAvA battles wherein they continue to respawn endlessly and travel a very short distance to the action...

I can't even imagine how insane (read total fun) it would be if everyone was squished in to IC...

It's too big?! Are you even playing this game? Smaller would mean the zergs would be 10x worse.
    Edited by God_flakes on December 12, 2016 10:57PM
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decent.
  • SkylarkX
    SkylarkX
    ✭✭✭✭
    My proc sets are so triggered right now
    Nocturnal - Oceanic PvX Guild
    Skylärk / Dunmer DK
    Skylårk / Bosmer NB
    Skylörd / Khajiit Sorcerer
    Elizabeth Skylark / Breton Templar
    PC/NA/AD
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meow?!!
  • EnglishNorwegian
    Well, let me explain another idea, I think this is a decent idea BUT! We shouldn't just shut it down. I think on each server if a person gets Emperor and and keeps it for let's say three resets (one if it's a 30 day reset) and the server is shut down leaving the last Emperor as Emperor but have a tornament between all the server Emperors until one is crowned. The faction leader NPCs bow to the Emperor and the Emperor, the three faction leader, and a small group of NPCs from each faction (in short the Emperor plus some NPCs NO OTHER REAL PLAYERS because the other players would be tasked with fighting the really mass scale invasions of Daedra pouring into Cyrodiil) go and try and reclaim the Imperial City. If they are successful then the Daedra would retreat to the White-Gold Tower which then the player and NPCs take the White-Gold Tower and reclaim the Ruby Throne. If and when the White-Gold Tower is about to be cleared of Daedra, Abnur Tharn And Clivia Tharn would show. Abnur would give the Amulet of Kings to Clivia and refuse to let the Vestige/Emperor claim the throne. The faction leaders would be suddenly pushed away as Clivia tries to wear the Amulet but it falls off (I'm taking this from Oblivion as the game tells when the player tries to put the Amulet on but can't because he isn't a Dragonborn) and Clivia yells, "If I can't be Empress, no one will!" And you guys (including Abnur) duke it out. After fighting Abnur and Clivia nearly to the death, they submit and hand the Amulet over. The Vestige then puts the Amulet on successfully. Molag Bal then yells, "Fool! I will not let you reseal this covenant!" And the Vestige is transported to Coldharbor. The two rivals fight but Molag Bal would be very difficult (probably more difficult than soloing the Simulacron of Molag Bal) so if Vestige is beat he/she gets a second chance when Akatosh tells him to wake up and he gains the divine power he got back in the 6th Harborage mission. Molag Bal will curse Akatosh's name and fight Vestige more. Molag Bal would recover 10-30% of the health he lost but Vestige still has the Upper hand. If and when Vestige wins Molag Bal will curse him and Akatosh would return Vestige to the White-Gold Tower. The skies then BEGIN to clear up but Vestige has to fight to the Temple of the One and relight the Dragonfires. When the covenant is resealed the Daedra would be banished back to Oblivion. After that, the Emperor will then be tasked with rebuilding the City (kinda like Orsinium). Then One Tamriel would really One Tamriel.

I am aware ZOS would never do this but it would be friggin fun. I'm also aware why people wouldn't want this but... it's fiction.
    Edited by EnglishNorwegian on December 12, 2016 11:54PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, End the War...
    God_flakes wrote: »
    I'm annoyed by today's patch. But no reason to throw the argonian baby out with the bath water.
    geonsocal wrote: »

It's too big?! Are you even playing this game? Smaller would mean the zergs would be 10x worse.

you know what - I've been thinking about doing this for awhile; but, I think we may need to all have a discussion as what we each think "good" pvp is?

I have a feeling- a lot of us may have very different viewpoints...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the pvp in this game. I like the idea of it and have since beta. If you don't like it....why play it? Find another game that suits your pvp needs rather than trying to totally throw the game into upheaval for the people who DO enjoy the type of pvp this game offers. Sure there are difficulties and growing pains and issues we all get frustrated with. But smaller map? No war? Making it pve? Outta here with that. Lol
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, End the War...
    I like the pvp in this game. I like the idea of it and have since beta. If you don't like it....why play it? Find another game that suits your pvp needs rather than trying to totally throw the game into upheaval for the people who DO enjoy the type of pvp this game offers. Sure there are difficulties and growing pains and issues we all get frustrated with. But smaller map? No war? Making it pve? Outta here with that. Lol

good stuff @God_flakes ...I appreciate what you're saying...

I'm just a little bitter cuz they nixed the type of of pvp I enjoyed most (the AvAvA phone booth fight in the arena)...

the truth is I can get close to the same thing at the outposts and bridge these days...

but, by god flakes - it was so nice to just keep rezzing and come back up to the platform over and over and over again, and dancing for hours and hours on end with some wonderful strangers...

didn't know it at the time - but, I saw my first "bot" standing on the DC platform continously spamming some heal from their staff...

when I first saw it - my buddy and i just thought it was some weirdo whom got off on standing there and healing...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 13, 2016 1:40AM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm going to pretend that you didn't just suggest that. Now go sit in a corner and think about what you've done.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    I'm going to pretend that you didn't just suggest that. Now go sit in a corner and think about what you've done.

^
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, End the War...
    Been playing PvP since beta. PvP is the only reason I stuck with the game after the quests got stale. I had so much fun with PvP back when PvP worked.
    • Back when you had 300 people per alliance on ONE MAP with at least 2 fully active campaigns. Which is impossible now.
    • Back when PvP didn't actually LAG.
    • Back when softcaps kept ridiculous 1shot builds away
    • Back when dynamic ultimate let you fight more than one person
    • Back before so many great abilities were nerfed. RIP bolt escape, dragons blood, eclipse etc.
    • Back before the terrible CP system unbalanced the game and created massive power creep and infinite resource builds.
    • Back before gap closers locked you down BREAKING ALL IMMUNITY abilities and jolting your player to die to a zerg.

Just look at this game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vmmQVheKOk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DV9TwsosyI

That is NOT the same game we play today.
    • We have asked ZOS over and over again to explain why PvP used to work and why it doesn't now. We have been met with silence, half-truths, and complete obfuscation.
    • We have spent hours writing forum posts about balance updates only to have ZOS completely ignore them and do something completely unexpected and unwanted then refuse to remove it.
    • We have made list after list of abilities or gear that is STILL BROKEN in the game only to have ZOS flat out say something to the effect of "yeah its broken, we don't plan to fix it now." aka Willow's path, clouding swarm.

Over and over again ZOS has shown they do NOT care about PvP. If they do, it sure doesn't feel that way to me or anyone I communicate with.

So, @sirston great thread. It's time to board cyrodiil up, pack up, and go home. Yesterday I played in 6FPS lagfest with 500 ping. This isnt a game, it a graveyard of dreams. It's a shell of what it used to be.

We need to start a movement.

MAKE CYRODILL A CAREBEAR PARADISE

Time to find a new PvP game guys, this one almost dead.

Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on December 13, 2016 5:25AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been playing PvP since beta. PvP is the only reason I stuck with the game after the quests got stale. I had so much fun with PvP back when PvP worked.
    • Back when you had 300 people per alliance on ONE MAP with at least 2 fully active campaigns. Which is impossible now.
    • Back before so many great abilities were nerfed. RIP bolt escape, dragons blood, eclipse etc.
    • Back before the terrible CP system unbalanced the game and created massive power creep and infinite resource builds.
    • Back before gap closers locked you down BREAKING ALL IMMUNITY abilities and jolting your player to die to a zerg.

Just look at this game.

• We have asked ZOS over and over again to explain why PvP used to work and why it doesn't now. We have been met with silence, half-truths, and complete obfuscation.
    • We have spent hours writing forum posts about balance updates only to have ZOS completely ignore them and do something completely unexpected and unwanted then refuse to remove it.
    • We have made list after list of abilities or gear that is STILL BROKEN in the game only to have ZOS flat out say something to the effect of "yeah its broken, we don't plan to fix it now." aka Willow's path, clouding swarm.

Over and over again ZOS has shown they do NOT care about PvP. If they do, it sure doesn't feel that way to me or anyone I communicate with.

So, @sirston great thread. It's time to board cyrodiil up, pack up, and go home. Yesterday I played in 6FPS lagfest with 500 ping. This isnt a game, it a graveyard of dreams. It's a shell of what it used to be.

They basically did this with Illum in SWTOR . They could never fix the lag so they abondoned it for warzones . Arenas may be the next phase . There's a lot of votes in favor of ending Cyrodiil . Two years ago no one would of even touched this poll .
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just look at this game.

They basically did this with Illum in SWTOR . They could never fix the lag so they abondoned it for warzones . Arenas may be the next phase . There's a lot of votes in favor of ending Cyrodiil . Two years ago no one would of even touched this poll .

I'd much rather just let it die a natural death per se, instead of killing it off completely, since there are still plenty of people that enjoy it. Just because you can't fix something doesn't necessarily mean that it should be abolished.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just look at this game.

I'd much rather just let it die a natural death per se, instead of killing it off completely, since there are still plenty of people that enjoy it. Just because you can't fix something doesn't necessarily mean that it should be abolished.

Well they never officially announced giving up on Illum in swtor , they just stopped making content for it . People can still PvP there but you have to find the other two or three players on the planet .
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, End the War...

Stovahkiin wrote:

Thank you both for your non constructive feedback
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just look at this game.

This. All while the "try" to fix it
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, End the War...
    While I love pvp the whole 3 alliances thing is really dumb and with all the problems with pvp just call a cease fire give ZOS 3-6 months to fix the problems and then release Cyrodill 2.0 better rewards and ways to get gold mats or something bad ass maybe an alternative to maelstrom weapons so pvpers don't need to pve for BIS weapons, give amazing rewards to players that get Grand Overlord instead of a dye color.
    Then this is important only have 2 alliances the Almeri Dominion Vs Imperial Remnants or something makes more since from a lore perspective since the other two alliances never really existed in the first place having 2 alliances is better than 3.
    There ZOS I got you covered thank me later /thread
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This war is supposed to last just over 300 years. It cannot end until Talos ends it.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so lets just shove it in a padded cell and forget about it?
    Do you even ?
    Take a look at the oroborous :|
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, End the War...
    nordsavage wrote: »
    This war is supposed to last just over 300 years. It cannot end until Talos ends it.

then have talos end it I don't care if lore gets broken its already a dragon break do what they want.
    Edited by sirston on December 13, 2016 7:45AM
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, End the War...
    sirston wrote: »

Thank you both for your non constructive feedback

I like @God_flakes comments - flakes actually pretty much called me out on all the stuff I've been preaching lately (add in opening up IC to all)...

I get the logic - i'm happy, just cuz you're not feeling it, don't mess with my stuff...pretty reasonable statement...

the whole 'Outta here with that. Lol' was a little dramatic - but the forums are here for both entertainment and information...

so @God_flakes ...you've been playing since beta, ton of time in, seen the whole thing evolve - we know what you like - based on the way your map is playing out these days - do you not see a waning interest in the alliance war, and, the strong inclination for most players to pile up and go zerg on zerg (and, if possible - on zerg again)?
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mostly just PVP as most of the people on this forum. I really enjoy cyrodiil the way it is. The map and the three alliances are even as far as the playing field is concern. There is nothing wrong with cyrodiil itself. If you don't want to play in cyrodiil than just don't.

I do admit I miss the old IC. They should have never changed the way you spawned into the zones. It was a constant battle and it was fun. No trying to take down walls. No worrying about getting a res or a camp down. Not having to fight with 10 seige weapons firing at you. If you wanted just straight chaotic PVP IC was the place to go. Maybe we just get them to return the spawns in IC and call it even.
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, End the War...
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    so lets just shove it in a padded cell and forget about it?
    Do you even ?
    Take a look at the oroborous :|

did you even take a look at tam one :| there is no war.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • ataggs
    ataggs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of us like pvp the way it is outside of the known issues. I guess because most of us don't stream and post videos people assume that those folks speak for everyone. Despite its problems we all keep coming back so something must be right with it.
      Confirmed Casual
    • Templar DC- Zee Taggs
    • Templar EP- Zoola
    • Templar AD- Old Zoola