The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

SKOOMA BUBBLER DESIGNS - Gone for good?

Logicbomb00
Logicbomb00
✭✭✭✭

From the HotR patch notes:

direct quote: •Certain Servants in Hew’s Bane were carrying items associated with Addicts. They’ve kicked the habit, and no longer carry these items.

Seeing as the servants in Hews bane were the ONLY place to get these, have they been removed entirely from the game? I've heard vague rumors of drunks having the actual bubbler but not a single report of a skooma bubbler recipe being found post patch. Are we set for a million gold object?

• XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

direct quote: •Certain Servants in Hew’s Bane were carrying items associated with Addicts. They’ve kicked the habit, and no longer carry these items.

Seeing as the servants in Hews bane were the ONLY place to get these, have they been removed entirely from the game? I've heard vague rumors of drunks having the actual bubbler but not a single report of a skooma bubbler recipe being found post patch. Are we set for a million gold object?

My crafter knows the recipe - I'll cut you a deal - just a quarter of a mil :D:D
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

Options
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭

I have to suppose there will be another way to pick up that recipe.

Hopefully someone will show up how to.
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
    Options
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    well the skooma bubblers themselves are worth 2K each - on a 410 crown item - seems to me that zos gathered more than they bargained for hiding the recipe in hews bane, deep within a quest. Now the *** is everywhere (you'd average 20 bubblers per recipe). I'd say that ZOS has reconsidered their crown store and taken the bubblers off the market (recipe wise).

And the way they did it to. No actual references to the bubbler, just 'Hey some addicts have stuff and now they down anymore'. Not even a reference to skooma. VERY hush hush, so hush hush 99% of the population didn't even pick up on it.

Edited by Logicbomb00 on August 28, 2017 10:13AM
    Options
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭

I have to suppose there will be another way to pick up that recipe.

Hopefully someone will show up how to.

@ the moment they're retailing for around 400K each, and climbing. if that's anything more than panic buying, or knowing something we don't, then jump on board before they hill 1M gold. I got mine for 300K and count myself lucky.

Edited by Logicbomb00 on August 28, 2017 10:18AM
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Logic - the mail I sent you recently was referring to the plan, not the furniture item.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    weird. I've heard no news of plans, just the items.
    Options
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently the bubbler themself drop now from "Addicts", has anyone seen of those yet or the actual blueprint. Even so this is a massive nerf for farming that blueprint. It took on average 2-3 hours to farm that blueprint in the palace in Abah's Landing and that was a tight run with adds respawning regularly. I know no other place currently where you could do that now.
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not that weird, considering that in the Palace you'd get between 5 and 20 actual bubbler furnishings per plan, and that was running a concentrated loop of 7-10 NPCs in a small area.

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah I heard the bubbler drops but no news on the recipe. even if so the circuit in Hews bane will NEVER be repeatable so looks like recipes are set to rise in price and rarity ( I have 2 x 300K ones in ETU if someone wants to snap them up quick. (and then another 2x 400K for those that are shmoes)). - and honestly I could be shooting myself in the foot if these skyrocket.

Edited by Logicbomb00 on August 28, 2017 10:31AM
    Options
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh well. If anyone finds one from pickpocketing please let me know. otherwise its looking like 300K+ for one.

Edited by Logicbomb00 on August 28, 2017 10:52AM
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't know why you'd pay that price. It's not even animated, is it?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I still don't know why you'd pay that price. It's not even animated, is it?

You can stick an incense stick in it and that provides decent smoke, but I agree they should be animated with on/off selection

Options
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose it's rarity for collectors now. People will pay 1M + for an aylied plan that still exists in the game, or 200-300K for a dwemer design that is STILL IN THE GAME, so whats the stretch for a 3-40OK bubbler than is no longer in the game (or highly restricted). Each to their own.
    Edited by Logicbomb00 on August 28, 2017 11:34AM
    Options
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    NEW PATCH - No Skooma Bubbler news......

Options
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any word on this: ZOS_GinaBruno

Edited by Logicbomb00 on August 28, 2017 11:34AM
    Options
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    HOLY CRAPOLA!! The 2 x 300K recipes sold within 5 minutes of the game going back up. only 400K ones left!!

Options
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just sold another in zone for 350K gold. Happy Days.

Still 2x 400K in ETU in Rawlk'ha if you're keen!!

Edited by Logicbomb00 on August 28, 2017 1:26PM
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dang, glad I bought mine for 50k to use before didn't think about stocking them cause never thought they would actually take a purple pattern out of the game just the legendary ones on the voucher vendor

But as you said before why people buy the other purple patterns for so much compared to the Skooma, the reason is rarity as well since they're were tons of skooma patterns at any given time but barely any of the rest.
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on August 28, 2017 2:25PM
    Options
  • angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was there any confirmation that they actually took the recipe out of the game? Maybe they moved it somewhere else. If they did I hope you can get it somewhere that's not tied to a quest. @ZOS_GinaBruno can you please tell us if we can still get this recipe in game.
    Options
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭

So there's been some discussion on the guild chats and it seems as though this item may have been removed for an indefinite amount of time. The only source for it has now been removed and the only unreliable and unproven source are random scattered drunks that have nowhere near the farm-ability of the Hews Bane area. Ergo = 300+K for Skooma Bubbler for the time being. Fingers crossed for 1M+

Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

it has been discussed elsewhere on this forum already, it was not removed from the game. just, before the patch, it was locked in a quest instance of a quest (palace). now whey moved it out of the instance, to the game - NPCs labeled as "addicts" can drop it (drunkards too I have read).
    It is still in the game, just drops elsewhere
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D told everyone I knew after I bought mine for 60k. Now folks this why you read patch notes.

P.S there's a secret hourglass in gold coast.
    Options
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah thanks. So the drop rate will be somewhat like 1/100th of the drop rate previously I take it. I was able to sometimes pull 5 recipes out of that place in 1/2hr. And seeing as you'd have to murder 100 drunks to find one I don't' like you're chances.

Still warrants a price hike and i'll stand by my 300K per till I see proof :))
    Edited by Logicbomb00 on August 28, 2017 6:53PM
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The item you get from this pattern is appropriate to the price people are apparently willing to spend.

Methinks they were offered a "first one's free" sample. XD
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone actually check? For all we know.. they may have removed the servants ability to drop the bubbler itself only..
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HOLY CRAPOLA!! The 2 x 300K recipes sold within 5 minutes of the game going back up. only 400K ones left!!

And people say there's no market manipulation going on because it's not an auction house.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
    Options
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Did anyone actually check? For all we know.. they may have removed the servants ability to drop the bubbler itself only..

Checked as soon as patch dropped. No Bubbler of the Skooma variety.

Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Checked as soon as patch dropped. No Bubbler of the Skooma variety.

But did you stay in there long enough to check if the *recipe* still drops? The patch note is super vague, they could have just removed the skooma bubbler furnishing from the loot table.. leaving the recipe in though.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

P.S there's a secret hourglass in gold coast.

Do you know where or of whom they drop? I tried several things but I'm none the wiser....
    Metal forever \m/
    Options
  • Gadget4
    Gadget4
    ✭✭✭
    I have 4 Skooma Bubbler designs, I've listed them in a trader numerous times, priced anywhere between 100k & 300k each .. they've never sold so I dumped them in my vault

.. & the Bubblers, on PS4 EU, I still sell them in the GS for 10k each

PS5 EU (UK)
    PS5 NA
    Options