The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to do Bloodroot forge Vet with mediocre DPS?

Thraben
Thraben
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi!

After spending too many hours on boss 2, 4, 5 and even 3 I have come to the conclusion that in many groups there is not enough dps for the "normal" approach to solve the boss mechanics.

Please share your non-dps- heavy solutions here with us!
Edited by Thraben on August 18, 2017 9:12AM
Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make a Start: Boss 2 and three are much easier if 1 or more persons use the Alliance War skill Cleanse.
    Boss 3 is easier if you use shuffle or Retreating manoevre.

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no sure how much dps do you mean with "mediocre dps", I am also only a casual player, my base dps (in the "C" screen) is about 2158 spelldamage, spell crit about 30% and I did the dungeon first time with a pick up group, not sure how good the other players were, but we did the dungeon pretty easy on normal. I died 2 times (my mistake), but I had a feeling that it was pretty easy dungeon.

The last boss you have to use the fountains to stun the boss or to stop the lava, but we did the whole dungeon in maybe 30 -
    45 minutes max
    Edited by altemriel on August 18, 2017 8:57AM
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advise if you are having troubles killing bosses in any public dungeon, come back later with a higher level and better equipment. You dont need to be an dps monster to do those, in fact you should be able to do those all alone, maybe not on lvl30 but once you reach CP's....
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I meant Vet of course. Normal mode can be soloed.

The groups I were in had all 600+ CP and acceptable equipment.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    Oh I meant Vet of course. Normal mode can be soloed.

The groups I were in had all 600+ CP and acceptable equipment.

aha, that is then harder, yes, ok, then I do not have a comment to vet mode :)
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, my bad, i thought you were talking about the public dungeon toothmaul gully and the boss bloodroot in it... :blush:
    Didnt realized you are talking about the hotr bloodroot forge. Ignore my previous comment :wink:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, now I know there is a miniboss called Bloodroot :# there might be some more punishing ones, though ;)

• Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    We did bloodroot in a group with no super dps. All went fine but We did not do hard mode on the last boss. Thats the one that i can see dps being very important. On boss nummber 3 My recomendation is dps isnt very high is do not try to burn the boss even after 20% just focus on adds and go slow.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    We did bloodroot in a group with no super dps. All went fine but We did not do hard mode on the last boss. Thats the one that i can see dps being very important. On boss nummber 3 My recomendation is dps isnt very high is do not try to burn the boss even after 20% just focus on adds and go slow.

Can the Adds be CC´ed? Most groups need maybe 15 seconds per Atro, so the dps classes need to survive more than 50 seconds without catching a onehit. I tried to taunt them all once though it appeared far more dangerous than the usual 3 meteors at 17% boss hp.
    Edited by Thraben on August 18, 2017 2:31PM

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    Jawasa wrote: »

Can the Adds be CC´ed? Most groups need maybe 15 seconds per Atro, so the dps classes need to survive more than 50 seconds without catching a onehit. I tried to taunt them all once though it appeared far more dangerous than the usual 3 meteors at 17% boss hp.

Shalks can be interrupted with hard cc (stuff like dk chains, or anything that stuns them (?)), not sure about the stone atros.
    Its worth a try anyway, the chains also work (or at least used to work) on stoneshapers if they're not buffed with orange goo, or one of 3 dk bosses in wgt if she tries to do her fire geyser thing.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on August 18, 2017 4:16PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    For us atros went down pretty fast shalks was harder. Hmm maybe i confused boss 3 and 4. I menat the large minoraur with shalks and Stones atros. The Guy that spawn just atros We burnes when more then one Stone Arto spawned. The two Bosses that i find hard is last boss (easy on non hard mode if dd's can pull 20k dps) and the large minotaur but Thats probably because We didnt understand the shalks ball of fire and just spammed bol.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forge can be done with low DPS. Falkreath cannot (due to the last boss).

Forge boss 2 = the tank has to group the adds. The boss just sits inside her preservation of nature for quite a long time, so you should be able to kill the adds.

Forge boss 3 = super simple fight; as long as you don't push the boss to execute phase, you can take all the time you want on the adds. Just save a warhorn and ultimates for execute phase and the boss will die no problem.

Forge boss 4 = every mechanic is based on his health. You can literally stop DPSing the boss completely, focus down the adds, and then return to boss. Slowing DPS actually makes this fight easier.

Forge boss 5 = the adds just cannot kill the tank. The tank can stand in every AOE and take all the damage and just won't die. DPS focuses the Minotaur boss first. Everyone needs to stay mid ranged so that you can interrupt at any time. The other adds are really no threat at all.

Forge boss 6 = use the cauldrons on cooldown. This is a tank test fight. If the tank cannot hold aggro on the bosses, you are going to have a very bad time. Make sure the DPS have lots of AOE because that's how the bosses are intended to be killed.