The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Angry about a group member via Dungeon Finder wanting to read and enjoy the quest dialog?

• Opticon
    Opticon
    ✭✭✭
    kichwas wrote: »
    FFXIV does this one right. You're all stuck in a glowing circle you can't step out of until the last person has finished or skipped the cutscene.
    And you get 'double tokens' if there is a new player in the run.

- Do that with quests.
    - Somebody has the quest and takes it, you can't move past a quest objective unless it's done.
    - But give something like a skyshard (1/3 skill point) bonus for the people in there with the newbie.

screw that.I don't run dungeons for the quests.tell them to watch the dialogue on you tube if it's really that important.

If speed is so important to you, don't use dungeon finder.

There, see how these arguments don't work?

You play how you want, others play how they want. Don't expect anyone to play how you want them to.

I think it's about time to have this thread deleted.
    Edited by Opticon on August 22, 2017 4:32PM
  • ChibchanLawyer
    I'm the kind of player that likes to immerse in the playthroughs, so I try to read every dialogue and explore as much as I can. But as far as Group Dungeons go, its just not possible because you're likely to get paired up with people wanting the EXP points fast and then hasta luego, chico.

I've figured two solutions for the fellow immersive player who doesn't have any real-life friends who play ESO nor the time to make solid online friends: One, open a discussion in the Group Finder thread here on the Forums, not the one in-game, and make it clear that you're looking for people who want to run the dungeons while paying heed to the story, not just rushing. I'd personally join that kind of posse.

Or two, fire up YouTube and see walkthroughs on each dungeon. Sure, the immersive experience is broken but you can pause and read the dialogue in peace, some players even leave the whole dialogues in their videos. So long as you can see the dialogues once, you're good to go. Same goes for the little pieces of text in the dungeons that you just don't get to read.
  • ZOS_MattL
    ZOS_MattL
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there,
    We are closing this thread as it has become off topic. If you wish to continue discussion of this topic feel free to make a new thread doing so.
    Regards,
    Matt
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.