Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can not use the bone scepter on the white sentinel in the Unquiet Dead quest.

Chronigan
Chronigan
✭✭
It's an AD quest in Grahtwood.

The white sentinel appears, talks then possesses the corpse and i can not use the scepter on him.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? /scratches head.

White Sentinel? Not sure, but, Isnt he the one who gave the bone to command the lesser skellies? Of course it wont work on him. However.. I dont remember that being what he is called. I almost think you are using the bone scepter on the wrong quest.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Chronigan
    Chronigan
    ✭✭
    The quest text reads, "Defeat the Pale Sentinel" Hint : use the bone scepter on the pale sentinel. The scepter was given to me by an elf outside the Ossuary of Telecar.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, wait. I was thinking of the Boneyard quest and that controlling bone.
    Use it on the ghost guy who runs up saying.. "Stay away. Dont wake him.". Once you see him take a corpse, kill it and then he will go up top. The scepter only works on him in his shade form.
    Pretty sure thats how it went.
    Edited by Darlgon on August 5, 2015 1:19PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Chronigan
    Chronigan
    ✭✭
    ok, i will try it
  • QB941
    QB941
    Chronigan wrote: »
    ok, i will try it

Hey, I just got this quest last night and ran into the same situation. You deal with the ghost and a prompt appears "E" to use the scepter but I press it and nothing happens.

To resolve it: when the prompt appears just press and hold the "E" (for PC users). Then it works and you can go on to the next step in the quest...
  • DEADhorizon
    I'm on ps4, can't figure out how to get past this
  • DEADhorizon
    Actually mashing the x button and ignoring the "item not ready" warnings just worked for me
  • HydraShalimara
    I'm on Xbox one and had the same problem. I'm a Warden so I had to summon my bear and get the sentinel to attack the bear instead of me before it allowed me to do it.