Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tucker's Guide to Money for Dimwits. ~Theiving

Tucker3711
Tucker3711
✭✭✭
First of all...
it is helpful to own...
  • the dark brotherhood DLC
  • Theives guild DLC
I created a Nightblade, because they have multiple abilitys to help sneaking around without notice. (Gaurds will see you though), It is helpful when navigating a place without raising a bounty. And if you are near a person kill them with the Blade of woe. Then loot the place and sell it to a fence. Then you repeat it. The Theives guild has a bartering ability that will raise the price of the stolen treasures. This can get you a lot more money in the long run.

TIP: DO NOT PICK POCKET GAURDS!!, It is not worth it!
@Tucker311- PC
Tucker3711
Nord Beth Rose (EP)
Imperial Freya Var (DC)
High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
Hotstuff Queen
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    But if I don't pickpocket guards then how will I get more wanted posters? It's not that bad really, as long as you have an escape plan (which you should always have when doing illegal activities) and can stay out of sight from guards afterwards. And with the thieves guild passive that makes bounties decay faster I only have to be carefull of guards for a short amount of time.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    @MAEK
    If you have stolen loot on you it could be taken, If the guard catches you.
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    True, but that's why I have an escape plan. And with all passives from thieves guild, dark brotherhood and legerdamain, and some excperience, it's really not that hard to get away.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the fact you called it for dimwits, then spelled thieving wrong ;)
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    @luton0watford4
    Yeah my spelling is weird, But true thieves write in codes! :p
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealing is easy, even for a non-nb thief. Just learn to use that teabag-button for sneaking instead lol

Should you struggle at anything, then slot invisibility potions, get vampirism or sets that help you sneak better.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tucker3711 wrote: »
    First of all...
    TIP: DO NOT PICK POCKET GAURDS!!, It is not worth it!
    While this is most definitely true for newbies, pick-pocketing guards isn't that bad if you have the right passives/gear, and can be really fun! Since guards are the only NPCs that carry Wanted Poster furnishings (I think?), some people will even actively go after them.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath