Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fastest Leveling (25-50 in a little over 2 hours)

TeIvanni
TeIvanni
✭✭✭✭
So to preface this…

This method of leveling is extremely expensive.
I am an ESO Plus member so i gain bonus XP and Inspiration.
This method does not take into account the amount of time needed to gather alchemy/enchanting materials.
It also requires a minimum of 12 skill points (preferably 24, for two skill lines).
I just leveled a character from level 25-50 in 2.5 hours.
How you may ask?

MASTER WRITS.
I hopped on my max crafter and created about 150 purple glyphs for my level 25 character to decon. Creating the glyphs and deconstructing them took about 15 minutes total. And got my character to level 50 enchanting.

Next I maxed out alchemy in about 25 minutes, being sure to unlock every trait for every ingredient, using this handy guide here:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/203575/the-most-efficent-way-alchemy-discovery-and-leveling/p1

Finally I spent about an hour running around every guild trader buying up all the 2-5 voucher sealed alchemy and enchanting master writs. (about 150 sealed writs total)

After I had all the writs I wanted to complete, I headed over to Deshaan where there is an alchemy and enchanting station within a 10 second horse ride from Rolis Hlaalu.

I pre-crafted as many writs as I could (which took about 10 minutes) and popped a Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia giving me a 150% xp bonus and started turning in them all.

The XP was flying in, and I was leveling up crazy fast.

I did have to run back to the enchanter/alchemy stations a couple times as I did not have inventory space to pre craft everything.

But it took me about 25 minutes from the moment I popped the ambrosia to get from level 25-50.

So in total it took a little over two hours to get the max crafting lines needed, buy all the writs necessary, and turn them in.
TL;DR Master Writs are the fastest XP in the game right now, albeit the most expensive.
UPDATE:
Here is a video tutorial showing me going from level 10-50 on a new character.
https://youtu.be/c721JRzon7Q

Edited by TeIvanni on September 20, 2017 1:08PM
-Telvanni
The Greatest of the Great Houses

Late Night ERP GM
Nightfighters - Officer/Raid Lead
[Immortal Redeemer]
[Gryphonheart]
[Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Approx how much gold?

There are a few PvE places that can level you even faster than 2.5 hours... but if I'm going to have to level alchemy and enchanting up anyway... 30 min sounds very attractive!
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Approx how much gold?

There are a few PvE places that can level you even faster than 2.5 hours... but if I'm going to have to level alchemy and enchanting up anyway... 30 min sounds very attractive!

It would really depend on how many levels you were trying to get. And how much you paid for sealed master writs. As well as the cost of said writs.

The cheapest i would think for what i did (25-50) would have been around 300k. But it could easily be 2 to 3 times that expensive. (not factoring in how much you would recoup from selling voucher items).
    Edited by TeIvanni on August 13, 2017 11:55AM
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• ntheogenic
    ntheogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    INB4 the nerf. Thank you.
    GDBY
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, good thinking
    Pc na
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's really original. With writ vouchers becoming bankable this is actually a cool option for people like me who are sitting on 100's of sealed writ containers due to laziness. 2 birds with 1 stone...
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is great craftmatic leveling very good outside the box thinking
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it took you 150 glyphs, it would have taken a lot less had someone else did those glyphs for you. Unless they've changed it, decon your own glyphs yields next to no xp compared to glyphs others have crafted. Like i said, it may have changed, so feel free to correct me.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it took you 150 glyphs, it would have taken a lot less had someone else did those glyphs for you. Unless they've changed it, decon your own glyphs yields next to no xp compared to glyphs others have crafted. Like i said, it may have changed, so feel free to correct me.

They are character based, not account based. Glyphs created on a different character from the same account will give just as much decon exp as glyphs created by a different account. It has been this way the entire time I've played, despite people saying otherwise the entire time I have played.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

They are character based, not account based. Glyphs created on a different character from the same account will give just as much decon exp as glyphs created by a different account. It has been this way the entire time I've played, despite people saying otherwise the entire time I have played.

I've been playing this game from the beginning and never knew that. I got told at the start that it was how it worked. During that time, I've had so many people craft me glyphs when I could have been doing it myself. Doh ... Indeed.
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    Interesting, good thinking
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    That's really original.
    This is great craftmatic leveling very good outside the box thinking

I can't take full credit. As a number of my guildmates were doing something similar to gain Champion XP.

But i thought... "Hey, i have a few sub 50 characters i'd really like to power through, i wonder if this would work."
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Deome
    Deome
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, I just gave this a whirl, and it works. I gained 5 levels in 30 minutes, and it could have been 25 if I hadn't screwed up so much. Learn from my mistakes:

1) I did it all with alchemy. AFAIK, there's no need to do enchanting too.
    2) "Pre-crafting" writs means look at the writ and see what it requires, craft the writ, DO NOT OPEN THE WRIT.
    3) You can save a helluva lot of time and perhaps even gold if you stick to the same writ/crafted item. For example, buy all the writs asking you to craft a cowardice potion IX, then craft a buttload of cowardice potion IXs. Repeat for another writ with a different result, and so on, until you run out of money or patience. This will also minimize the bag space required.
    4) Avoid, as much as possible, running between Rolis Hlaalu and the crafting station. Have your poisons already crafted and in your bag, writs in your bag, and just stand there turning in each writ as you open them.

5) Holy Mara, you're going to drain your bank account.

Total spent by me: 100k. If I really applied myself, I could get that down to 80k.
    Deome
    Loremonger, Addon Developer (DataDaedra, etc.), Ministry Malcontent

"I am alive because that one is dead. I exist because I have the will to do so." --Now-Last, "Boethiah's Proving"
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't you easily just pay 3-5k per run in Skyreach and that would probably cost 1/2 the cost of this?
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't you easily just pay 3-5k per run in Skyreach and that would probably cost 1/2 the cost of this?

Perhaps, but you can usually recoup some of your losses by purchasing master writ vouchers items.
    Also this method is entirely soloable and arguably faster.

I like it mainly because it is soloable, you don't need to run around, and there is no need to find someone competent at skyreach.
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deome wrote: »
    Okay, I just gave this a whirl, and it works. I gained 5 levels in 30 minutes, and it could have been 25 if I hadn't screwed up so much. Learn from my mistakes:

1) I did it all with alchemy. AFAIK, there's no need to do enchanting too.
    2) "Pre-crafting" writs means look at the writ and see what it requires, craft the writ, DO NOT OPEN THE WRIT.
    3) You can save a helluva lot of time and perhaps even gold if you stick to the same writ/crafted item. For example, buy all the writs asking you to craft a cowardice potion IX, then craft a buttload of cowardice potion IXs. Repeat for another writ with a different result, and so on, until you run out of money or patience. This will also minimize the bag space required.
    4) Avoid, as much as possible, running between Rolis Hlaalu and the crafting station. Have your poisons already crafted and in your bag, writs in your bag, and just stand there turning in each writ as you open them.

5) Holy Mara, you're going to drain your bank account.

Total spent by me: 100k. If I really applied myself, I could get that down to 80k.

I'd recommend checking out the add-on "WritWorthy"

You're still going to drain your bank. But as prefaced, "This method of leveling is extremely expensive"
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TeIvanni wrote: »
    Master Writs are the fastest XP in the game right now, albeit the most expensive.

Sorry, but Skyreach is STILL faster and cheaper. :)

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »
    Master Writs are the fastest XP in the game right now, albeit the most expensive.

I had a friend try this out as well.
    If you already have all the writs, materials, and crafting levels.

Its about 45 minutes for level 10-50.

Can skyreach do that?
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Can skyreach do that?

With ESO+, 150% Scroll/Potion and Mara (you can't use Mara in your writs XP option), probably yes. Because the first levels you gained them really fast, many per run.

Besides, saying "if you already have all the writs...". How many players can "already have all those amounts of wrtis"? 1 out of 1.000.000. So, 99% of the players surely DON'T have "all the writs, materials and crafting levels".

Skyreach, imho, is still the fastest and cheapest "already ready for everyone" way to level up XP.

• TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭

Can skyreach do that?

With ESO+, 150% Scroll/Potion and Mara (you can't use Mara in your writs XP option), probably yes. Because the first levels you gained them really fast, many per run.

Besides, saying "if you already have all the writs...". How many players can "already have all those amounts of wrtis"? 1 out of 1.000.000. So, 99% of the players surely DON'T have "all the writs, materials and crafting levels".

Skyreach, imho, is still the fastest and cheapest "already ready for everyone" way to level up XP.

Someone should do a 3-50 skyreach run. All out.
    I've tried paying for runs before, but it seemed very expensive and slow. (plus you don't get those juicy master writ vouchers)
    Good runs take about 3 minutes and will cost you 3k+ a run?

Also... out of curiosity are you a buyer or seller of skyreach runs? :p
    Edited by TeIvanni on August 19, 2017 12:39PM
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Good runs take about 3 minutes and will cost you 3k+ a run?

Yes, Sir.

Also... out of curiosity are you a buyer or seller of skyreach runs? :pensive:

Both, although, most of times, I leveled up in Skyreach with friends. :)

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just leveled a character from level 25-50 in 2.5 hours.
    How you may ask?

Actually, I think "Why?" is a better question!
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like an interesting way to level, have you tested it with this add on yet to make it even faster?

This could help

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1346-DolgubonsLazyWritCrafter.html
  • Deome
    Deome
    ✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    That sounds like an interesting way to level, have you tested it with this add on yet to make it even faster?

This could help

Lazy Writ Crafter doesn't do alchemy, though it will do enchanting. I used Potion Maker to quickly craft the potions I needed, though it's useless for telling you what mats you just ran out of. Remember, the best way to do this is to already have your writs "pre-crafted" and sitting in your inventory before you open the writ.

Skyreach is great if you have plenty of money and friends. This is just another option for folks who, like me, aren't inclined to beg and already have gobs of money. Plus, you can do it in the middle of the night when no one is around to carry your scrub alts through Skyreach.
    Deome

"I am alive because that one is dead. I exist because I have the will to do so." --Now-Last, "Boethiah's Proving"
  • Deome
    Deome
    ✭✭✭
    Plus, I'm betting Skyreach xp will be nerfed long before master writ xp is nerfed :D
    Deome

• Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deome wrote: »

This could help

Lazy Writ Crafter doesn't do alchemy, though it will do enchanting. I used Potion Maker to quickly craft the potions I needed, though it's useless for telling you what mats you just ran out of. Remember, the best way to do this is to already have your writs "pre-crafted" and sitting in your inventory before you open the writ.

Skyreach is great if you have plenty of money and friends. This is just another option for folks who, like me, aren't inclined to beg and already have gobs of money. Plus, you can do it in the middle of the night when no one is around to carry your scrub alts through Skyreach.

oh damn forgot about that rofl thanks wine
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭

This could help

I used WritWorthy. It makes all the potions for you... Granted it usually messes up and makes extra.. and it doesnt notify you if you run out of ingredients.

But the few thousand gold you lose from extra potions is worth saving yourself the headache of trying to do it manually.

WritWorthy
    Edited by TeIvanni on August 19, 2017 3:13PM
    -Telvanni

Late Night ERP GM
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CM-5-1.jpg

Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a very interesting idea!

I usually do dozens of the Alchemy and Enchanting ones on my main that I get from doing the daily writs, but never considered using them to level alts because we couldn't bank vouchers (still can't on console...).

But I did notice I use to get absurd amounts of XP when I did this. Like 400k+ when I emptied my backlog of writs for the month.

I'll definetly try it out.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, for an accurate account of time passed, you must account for the time it took to acquire the gold as well

25 levels in 2 hours after 100 hours worth of gold farming doesn't sound so good know what I mean?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice idea, OP! :)
    You know, for an accurate account of time passed, you must account for the time it took to acquire the gold as well

25 levels in 2 hours after 100 hours worth of gold farming doesn't sound so good know what I mean?

There are people who already have millions of gold and dont need to farm. Theres also those who have tons of writs stashed in the bank and no motivation to use them.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    7/10 of my under 50 chars already have enchanting at 50 from months of breaking down the dropped white glyphs and green ones from writs so this method would be cheaper for me. I've actually used the XP stored in master writs to level some morphs on my DK. Brought them half way between III to IV then proceeded to run the Deshaan dolmen circuit to cap them. Got two purple Mother's Sorrow rings and sold them for 32.5K each :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |