Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Item to swap 2 armors pieces style

1Matsuho
1Matsuho
Soul Shriven
Sorry my english is not perfect.

So i heard i post the 1st time my idea in a necro game suggestion thread so i will create a new discussion instead. Here my idea.

What i want to propose would be kind of a 'visual improvement', what i mean is that you have crafted set that you can choose the motif style and looted set who are already preset in a motif style, its only visual but i know a lot of players (myself include) who won't use a looted set even tho it's a good one because the motif style isnt of their suiting or doesnt get along the rest of their armor. So my idea come in 2 way:

1) sort of gem or stone we could buy or farm maybe, that allow us to keep the set of an armor but switch the style with another piece of armor ( example i loot a bone pirate chest but i dont like the draugr style and i have an outlaw chest with no set on it, i use the stone or the item and i get bone pirate chest with outlaw style and a chest armor part draugr with no set on it) i know guild wars had a system like this with stone you could buy.

2)maybe the easier one, still use an item (stone or book or whatever) to transform your actual armor pieces into a costume/disguise. Like this you could use looted set but if you don't like the style you could hide them under your personal costume.

Honestly i would prefer those item if you ever implement them to be farmable but i would actually buy them with crown if it ever happen cause i'm part of those people who don't reach the full potential of their class in pvp with looted set just to have a 'stylish' armor.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great idea, @1Matsuho, though not a new one...

Players have been asking for some sort of transmog system for years now ... but no response from ZOS.

Maybe another thread like yours here will pique the devs' interest ...
  • 1Matsuho
    1Matsuho
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, glad you are part of people who are interested :smiley:

And for zenimax honestly they are really good on the community side in my opinion, its sad for sure that the transmog is not their priority if of course they ever think about doing it, but on the other side they have been more than correct to balance their game as much has possible to make the players happy.

BTW while i'm thinking about it in my example i talk about armor but same goes to weapons, i'm really fond of the Sthalrim frostcaster style and would like to have world set with this motif.