Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

(Master Chef) Selling foods and drinks in Guild Store

iPlayStation
I'm a master chef and I think im ready to start selling my items to guild store and players around tamriel. I can make:

Capon Beet Casserole (160 tristat),Briased Rabbit with Spring Veggies (Stam bistat),Solitude Salmon (Magika bistat),all Orzorga Recipes,Double Bloody Mara and Witchmothers Potent Brew.
[I still need Dubious Camaron Throne,Hissimir Fish Rye,and Psijic Ambrosia,but those are expensive]

I would like to know how much each of these items is worth in singles (1 Bloody Mara= X much gold etc) and how much is it in bulk to sell (1 stack of Bloody Mara= X much gold etc)

Im trying to get into the crafting selling business. Any help is useful :)
iPlayStation
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your server and platform. The best advice I can offer - universal advice - is to have a look at a few guild stores and see what other crafters are pricing. I have all the provisioning recipes in game (except for Mythic Ambrosia) but I only craft for myself. On PC EU I do not see food selling on guild stores for significant money.

The easiest way to make money off provisioning is crafting batch upon batch of the highest green recipe you can, with the x4 passive, and vendor the results.
    PC-EU
  • iPlayStation
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    Depends on your server and platform. The best advice I can offer - universal advice - is to have a look at a few guild stores and see what other crafters are pricing. I have all the provisioning recipes in game (except for Mythic Ambrosia) but I only craft for myself. On PC EU I do not see food selling on guild stores for significant money.

The easiest way to make money off provisioning is crafting batch upon batch of the highest green recipe you can, with the x4 passive, and vendor the results.

What recipe is that ?
    iPlayStation
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »

What recipe is that ?

Mythic Ambrosia is the 100% XP boost drink for 30 Minutes.
    But my advise to you and all crafters.
    1) COD for all finished products unless its a friend you trust.
    2) finished products dont sell! waste of time to post in trader as did just wont sell fast enough. use chat and if you do sell add who you sold to GT and advise them that you hae product for them when ever they need. I have a few gamers that but Ambrosia from me all the time, wont sell at high rate on trader.
    3) raw product sell at high price then finish product. Example perfect roe i can post all day in trader for a fair price and it will be gone in less then 24 hours!
    4) dont let my advise stop you, try to sell your product but if you do i always find that 5K is the magic # for finish products, so what am say is if you figure that 200 drinks are worth 20K then sell then sell them 50 drink for 5K, you will find that you will sell the more drinks in smaller stack that are worth around 5K. as the gamer that need item wont spend the 20K but will spend 5K.
    5) your enemy is TIME! every day that passes is a day that another game has reached the master lvl!
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make bank off the max tri stat food and selling mythic aetherial ambrosias. check guild stores or even your own guild store history for food that sold
  • Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it were easy to get rich everyone would do it. You can do ok, but you need to know your market and how it changes. I made about 100K selling tristat food during the PvP event, but not much before or since. Someone already suggested checking guild traders near yours for pricing. That's a good idea. You'll also need to figure out which items sell well in stores and which ones in chat.
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    For the most part I don't think food/drink/potions sell for enough over cost to make it worth while. I think most players either make stuff themselves or use what they find. The ones that use what they find don't know the advantages of really high level stuff...so they won't pay the price for it?

Easier to just farm for ingedients and sell them?

Note: I'm the one in delves that is slower than hey...and is always stopping to collect stuff. Stuff I sell later to the people who run thru the delves just running and hacking away to get the high level drops.
    I know nutting....
  • Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also depends on your Trader location. Traders where crafters visit (e.g., Craglorn) successfully sell different items than traders in Cyrodiil, traders in areas frequented by low-level & new players, etc.

You should join 5 guilds. Don't be afraid to pay dues. Over time I've abandoned all my free (voluntary donation, raffle only) traders because they netted me much less revenue than the ones I have to pay weekly to trade in.

You'll figure out over time what the right things to sell are in each of your traders and how to price them. Some of this depends on your temperment. Do you prefer to sell instantly and in high volume, or more slowly but with a good return on your investment? Do you want to sell retail (small quantities, high markup) or wholesale (stacks at a time, much lower per-unit price)?

"Correct" pricing is definitely trader-dependent. I recently had to be away from the game for a week of family vacation, so did an experiment. I stocked all 5 of my guild stores with the same items at the same price. When I got back, I found that I had turned over half my inventory at my best trader. But at the slowest, I sold nothing. So to get a good return on my effort with that trader, I need to set lower prices or find a different product mix for that other trader.
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)