The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

New overland content suggestion: World event boss and World roaming boss

Pr0Skygon
Pr0Skygon
✭✭✭✭✭
No no no, I'm not talking about those elite spawn with the skull and bones icon, I'm talking about actual World Boss! A gigantic boss with actual mechanics, spawn every 1 or 2 hours, requires a full *** of people to take down (just like a domain, but have actual challenge), and drops 2 or 3 set items a time.

Also, have you ever played Skyrim? Or maybe Imperial City sewer? Have you ever had the feeling of caution while knowing there's a super powerful boss roaming the ground, who can appear any moment and send you back to the local wayshrine? Well, let me tell ya, it's a hell of a thrill drive. Here's my suggestion, why not introduce to people who has never experienced it, with a new kind of boss: Roaming boss (such as Dragon in Skyrim). These boss will be super tough and random (but still possible to be defeated solo, but super hard), each zone with 10 to 20 of these guys, and drop named set items associated with that zone, so people will know that you've defeated such a beast?

I don't wanna criticize ZOS on their world building, since they've been doing a very good job, but I believe the lands of Tamriel need more... flavor. Also, we players (especially new comers) really need some kind of fun activities we can do with our small group of friends.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like the roaming IC sewers type bosses. I doubt the other type...random long spawn time ultra-boss you are talking about would be much of a thing though...people would just camp out half the day and zerg it with 100+ players every time it spawned, just like they already camp dolmens on a smaller scale.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As long as these spawn in areas with Bots grinding I am all for it. It would be fun to see a Titan land right in the middle of a Bot train and crush it as an opener.
    Playing since beta...
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    I do like the roaming IC sewers type bosses. I doubt the other type...random long spawn time ultra-boss you are talking about would be much of a thing though...people would just camp out half the day and zerg it with 100+ players every time it spawned, just like they already camp dolmens on a smaller scale.

Easy fix, if player count is >20 in 50 meters, have the boss do an AoE pulse that does 999'999 oblivion damage within that range. :)
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »
    josiahva wrote: »

Easy fix, if player count is >20 in 50 meters, have the boss do an AoE pulse that does 999'999 oblivion damage within that range. :)

Can't wait for troll guilds that sabotage groups that attempt it. Or, you know, two different groups that want to attack it at the same time. Would be cool if the groups had to duke it out to see which one gets to kill the boss.

Oh wait, this sounds almost exactly like the Imperial City.