Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hunding's + TFS is BiS for a DW Khajiit, but what if you're not?

Strider_Roshin
Strider_Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I know I'm gimping myself in PvE, but so be it. I prefer the greatsword, and I'm a Nord.

With that said what do you guys think about 5 Leviathan + 5 NMG/Hunding's + 1 Kra'gh?

This this I could go with a greatsword (+5% damage), and use any trait I want, and get at least an 82% crit rate (minor + major Savagery, and NB crit passive).

Thoughts?
Edited by Strider_Roshin on August 9, 2017 1:53AM

Best Answer

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, 2handers can't compete with DW in PvE. I play an Imperial Stamblade and still dualwield with Hundings and TFS. You can't skip DW, it just adds so much more DPS + 5pc set bonus.

I'd have to disagree, it's not that DW is superior for everything because clearly there are scenarios where a 2H is better. Take a random pug in Vet Ruins of Mazzatun, 18k damage shields from Brawler will be your best friend in there when your other group members move too far, die, lag or just plain don't know what to do.

Or take 4 person DLC dungeons in general, who really wants to burn up crafted potions unless they have a very organized veteran group set on beating the Speedrun time? In the absence of crafted potions, a Stamblade would likely slot other skills to make up for the lack of major Brutality and Major Savagery. That would be power extraction and expert Hunter, which will probably take the place of one or more dual wield skills. The no-potion dual wield build I've been running has no dual wield skills slotted on the bar and gets around 38kdps.

In that scenario, when I drop dual wield and Killers blade and pick up two hand with reverse slice I get around 8% less, 35kdps, for a single target. However my AOE DPS lifts 30-150% because the forceful passive, power extraction and reverse slice are all placed on the same bar. The overall DPS contribution in mob-heavy content is a lot higher these days when running with 2-h.
    kikkehs wrote: »
    I can give you some easy pointers.

First, skip monster set, aim for vdsa greatsword with a vma bow, tfs with VO / WM / hundings or automaton.

On my stam sorc i use front bar:
    Reverse slice - wrecking blow - brawler - hurricane - bound armor and dawnbreaker ulti.
    Backbar: caltrops - posion injection - hail - bound armor and bow ulti.

Rotation: hurricane - trap, la, hail, la, posion, la, caltrops - barswap - HA, wb, ha wb ha wb, repeat.

For aoe fights just: hail, caltrops, barswap, brawler with reverse slice spam.

This build is strong for dungeons, works for trials and is realy easy too use.

Quick edits: spriggan works as replacement for tfs. Also use 1 part krahg if you have none of the weps and go for 5/5/1.

Have to agree with using Maelstrom bow, Master greatsword and TFS, I assumed the OP didn't have those since they weren't listed.

I actually do have a Master GS, and a Maelstrom bow. I had already planned on using a NMG GS since I'm not on my bow bar for more than 5 seconds. The 1 Kra'gh + 5 NMG equates to TFS's penetration. On top of this I plan to have a weapon damage enchantment on my 2H which will provide 348 WD for 5 seconds. This works out perfectly with my rotation since I'm on my 2H bar for around 6 seconds, and my first action is to lay down rainin rearming trap, then my enchant procs when I'm dishing out my two Spectral bow procs, my Incap (if available), and my Surprise Attacks. Then the enchant is on cool down while I'm on my bow bar reasonin reapplying DoTs.
    Answer ✓
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not go with two complete 5-piece sets AND a complete monster set. As far as stamina DD sets go, there's a select few sets that will provide a consistent 5th piece buff to both weapon slots while equipped in only one weapon slot.

From crafting, there's Nightmother's.
    From overland, there's Briarheart.
    From 4-person dungeons there's Sunderflame.
    From PVP there's Ravager.
    From trials, War Machine and Alkosh (maybe more)

Pick any of those two for a 2-H build, slot one on the greatsword and the other on the bow and you'll still have room for a full set of Kragh's.

Maybe you'd pass on Sunderflame since heavy attacks take forever with a greatsword. Ravager procs like crazy with the 2H forceful passive as long as you have at least two mobs near you, you could use the jewelry, a greatsword and a heavy piece of armor, then eat Lavafoot soup if you find yourself with way too much health. Briarheart and NMG have a very consistent uptime and give lots of crit buffs.

So many meta minded people think Spriggan's or Hundings will pair nicely with TFS in a BIS build, but not really. Their 5th piece is only active 50% of the time.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I prefer 5pc + 4pc slayer set + monster set.

Heavy attack procs on the back bar can be solid though. Weirdly enough storm master might make sense for a NB build.

When you deal Critical Damage with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, your Light Attacks deal an additional 15-1333 Shock Damage for 20 seconds.

Your crit on a bow would be silly high so you can pretty much bank on 1 fully charaged heavy attack critting on your back bar rotation, giving you a nice 20 second proc
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll NEVER drop my VO gear lol. But I'll happily swap between spriggans/nmg/hundings as the other 5-piece for a while...

Edit: typo
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on August 9, 2017 7:39AM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why not go with two complete 5-piece sets AND a complete monster set. As far as stamina DD sets go, there's a select few sets that will provide a consistent 5th piece buff to both weapon slots while equipped in only one weapon slot.

Pick any of those two for a 2-H build, slot one on the greatsword and the other on the bow and you'll still have room for a full set of Kragh's.

Maybe you'd pass on Sunderflame since heavy attacks take forever with a greatsword. Ravager procs like crazy with the 2H forceful passive as long as you have at least two mobs near you, you could use the jewelry, a greatsword and a heavy piece of armor, then eat Lavafoot soup if you find yourself with way too much health. Briarheart and NMG have a very consistent uptime and give lots of crit buffs.

So many meta minded people think Spriggan's or Hundings will pair nicely with TFS in a BIS build, but not really. Their 5th piece is only active 50% of the time.

Well that's an interesting thought!
  • overclocker303b14_ESO
    If they get around to buffing the Berserking Warrior set like they buffed Leviathan and Mother's Sorrow that might go well on a nord. There's also some other good sets out there that are better on certain classes. Sunderlame was already mentioned and would go well with a DK and Automaton is another good one if you are a Stam Sorc.

I might end up experimenting with Automaton and Hundings and the warrior mundus next patch. I would probably end up keeping sharpened for my weapon trait and use 1 kraghs 1 velidreth but that's the beauty of the next patch is it opens the door for new ideas and chances are a lot of them will be viable.

• Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, 2handers can't compete with DW in PvE. I play an Imperial Stamblade and still dualwield with Hundings and TFS. You can't skip DW, it just adds so much more DPS + 5pc set bonus.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

First, skip monster set, aim for vdsa greatsword with a vma bow, tfs with VO / WM / hundings or automaton.

Reverse slice - wrecking blow - brawler - hurricane - bound armor and dawnbreaker ulti.

Rotation: hurricane - trap, la, hail, la, posion, la, caltrops - barswap - HA, wb, ha wb ha wb, repeat.

Quick edits: spriggan works as replacement for tfs. Also use 1 part krahg if you have none of the weps and go for 5/5/1.
    Edited by Kikke on August 12, 2017 4:47AM
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd have to disagree, it's not that DW is superior for everything because clearly there are scenarios where a 2H is better. Take a random pug in Vet Ruins of Mazzatun, 18k damage shields from Brawler will be your best friend in there when your other group members move too far, die, lag or just plain don't know what to do.

Or take 4 person DLC dungeons in general, who really wants to burn up crafted potions unless they have a very organized veteran group set on beating the Speedrun time? In the absence of crafted potions, a Stamblade would likely slot other skills to make up for the lack of major Brutality and Major Savagery. That would be power extraction and expert Hunter, which will probably take the place of one or more dual wield skills. The no-potion dual wield build I've been running has no dual wield skills slotted on the bar and gets around 38kdps.

In that scenario, when I drop dual wield and Killers blade and pick up two hand with reverse slice I get around 8% less, 35kdps, for a single target. However my AOE DPS lifts 30-150% because the forceful passive, power extraction and reverse slice are all placed on the same bar. The overall DPS contribution in mob-heavy content is a lot higher these days when running with 2-h.
    kikkehs wrote: »

Have to agree with using Maelstrom bow, Master greatsword and TFS, I assumed the OP didn't have those since they weren't listed.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on August 12, 2017 7:48AM
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭

You forgot about veiled heritance. That set is good and easy to get than ravager.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar