The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will this build work next patch?

Abstraqt
Abstraqt
✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/i3DYkL0lF1Q

So I put this build together about 2 months ago, now it seems both sets are under fire, I know the one will be fine but overall idk if the build will work like it does now :/
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    It was needed. Even currently on live, stacking such an amount of Magicka on a Magicka build greatly increases both offense as well as shields to the point where both become insanely strong

The 5pc reduction is nice, especially after the buffing of the other set bonuses. But it's more than likely still going to be good, prob as good as it is on live now
    supaskrub wrote: »
    It's really not that bad of a nerf considering 2-4 set bonuses are getting buffed. It's still giving you more mag than the stam equivalent (hulking draugr) even though it has a pet requirement. And yes stam skills cost less but remember morrowind patch increased stam skills cost to be 5% less (if I'm remembering correctly) than their mag counterparts.

I was gonna say that too, the 2p-3p-4p all got buffed so not sure if this will really change all that much to be honest.

Agreed, it will barely touch the tip of the iceberg regarding the peoples biggest beef about the set which is strong shields on a sorc build, the set will still remain strong, sorc shields will still be strong and other classes like Magwarden are the ones most affected by it.

^^Comments quoted where taken from the Necropotence Nerf thread.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on August 9, 2017 5:02PM
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    It was needed. Even currently on live, stacking such an amount of Magicka on a Magicka build greatly increases both offense as well as shields to the point where both become insanely strong

The 5pc reduction is nice, especially after the buffing of the other set bonuses. But it's more than likely still going to be good, prob as good as it is on live now
    supaskrub wrote: »
    It's really not that bad of a nerf considering 2-4 set bonuses are getting buffed. It's still giving you more mag than the stam equivalent (hulking draugr) even though it has a pet requirement. And yes stam skills cost less but remember morrowind patch increased stam skills cost to be 5% less (if I'm remembering correctly) than their mag counterparts.

I was gonna say that too, the 2p-3p-4p all got buffed so not sure if this will really change all that much to be honest.

Agreed, it will barely touch the tip of the iceberg regarding the peoples biggest beef about the set which is strong shields on a sorc build, the set will still remain strong, sorc shields will still be strong and other classes like Magwarden are the ones most affected by it.

^^Comments quoted where taken from the Necropotence Nerf thread.

Luckily the nerf won't do much xD
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Abstraqt I'd swap out necro for shackle, take the 1 torug's sword and transform it into a 2h and put a torug's pact on the shoulder/head. Run forward momentum, and use a monster set piece that complements what you're lacking.

Torugs + shackle/amber 2h/Reston might be BiS for magblade open world next patch tbf. Forward momentum is too good.
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    @Abstraqt I'd swap out necro for shackle, take the 1 torug's sword and transform it into a 2h and put a torug's pact on the shoulder/head. Run forward momentum, and use a monster set piece that complements what you're lacking.

Torugs + shackle/amber 2h/Reston might be BiS for magblade open world next patch tbf. Forward momentum is too good.

I personally can't stand 2h mag nb builds, it doesn't fit me well lol, fair enough if it works for you but I love Dueling and the 2h builds just don't perform too well in 1v1s from what I've seen :$
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Abstraqt aye, they're not so hot 1v1.
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    @Abstraqt aye, they're not so hot 1v1.

Yea, open world it seems ok ish