Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Is there a demand for home 'decorators' for Homestead?

Sheyta
Sheyta
✭✭✭
I wounder is there a demand/market for home decorators for Homestead/housing?

I played in EQII, SWG where this was more like a job for god decorators.
This was not a free service you paid in either in game credits or in PayPal donations.

Soo are people intrested get this service?

Edited by Sheyta on August 12, 2017 11:29AM

Is there a demand for home 'decorators' for Homestead? 26 votes

Yeas
26%
dcam86b14_ESOEliranAkrasjelSunahBeardimusSticky_PawsOpticon 7 votes
No
73%
GilvothSlurgQueoixieKhenarthianitajoneb17_ESOAnath_QOmniDoEasily_LostLarianaHetairaSSlargSylvisSirGabenOfSteamiaJim_PippxerikosCêltic421RANKK7Sticky_Paws 19 votes
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why you couldn't. I wouldn't want this service myself (I love decorating) but furnishing takes a lot of time, money, and materials. Even though a decorator wouldn't be able to place items in a house, they could very well mail (COD, probably) crafted items to the owner and have them place them, then hop in with decorator permissions and start decorating. No reason this wouldn't work for people who want a nice home but don't want to deal with building it up themselves bit-by-bit.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    Yeas
    For some people like me who lack imagination I would hire a decorator. Only issue is im a broke mother f so yeah...
  • Bellamy
    Bellamy
    ✭✭✭
    This would be a really interesting thing to implement, though probably fairly difficult if you wanted the furnisher to actually suggest items for your house. I would definitely love to decorate other people's houses, though - I've spent ungodly amounts of time on my own already.

A potential but probably excessively expensive (in terms of real money) way to do this would be to give the furnisher a budget in crowns alongside your style preferences and specifications, have them decide what furniture would fit in your house from the crown store that fits that budget, and then buy the items and pile them in a corner to let the furnisher arrange everything.

It's also somewhat limiting when it comes to items only available with gold or from achievements, but there's no reason not to also send your decorater other items you might want included, or give them a gold budget as well.
    Edited by Bellamy on August 11, 2017 5:39PM
    @Be11amy
    PC | NA | CP340
    Rhase | Dunmer | Magplar DPS
    Jo'lli | Khajiit | Warden Healer
  • xerikos
    xerikos
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Though I think it could be a great idea, I wouldn't think there would be a demand for it. Maybe a niche market, but no demand (I'm talking from my pov only).

Before further consideration, does anybody know or is there some statistics, of how many players have acquired a home other than the starter inn rooms? For what I gathered among my friends, not many people are interested in housing since they think houses add too little to the game in terms of functionality. Making a house practical is quite expensive and they prefer to spend the time and money in something else. So based on that I would say demand for house decorators would be (or is) very low.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would absolutely hate anyone else to decorate any of my houses. For me, that aspect of housing is what I enjoy most in ESO, and I will happily spend hours micro-managing them. I'm fiercely possessive about them and would probably kill anybody who so much as turned a light off . I actually have to remind myself to sally forth and kill a few mobs every now and again. (Well maybe that's an exaggeration!) >:)

But everyone is different, and I do see that there would be a demand for house decorators for those who see their homes as being mainly functional, but are not particularly interested in the home-making stuff.
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah not sure why I'd want to pay for a home decorator as yeah for me tats a huge p[art of the fun. that said I'm sure there are some people. that said the choice to buy a home pre-furnished for crowns may cut that down a fair bit.

IIRC EQ and SWG ahd purposes for homes beyond JUST looking pretty so demand for that kinda service mighta been higher
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Sheyta on December 23, 2020 12:26PM
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free decorator on PC EU here. Just slap some furniture in your house and I'll find a place for it. I will also follow a theme if that is desired, and tip you on what else the house may need

Note; I can come PC NA aswell
    Edited by Runschei on August 12, 2017 2:21AM
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I currently do home decorating with the homeowner to help them achieve their desired theme... sometimes its suggestions and eye for fine details; other times it means asking them to provide certain items and letting my creative side work its magic to give unique spaces to each person from cozy and warm to wild and adventurous. But I don't charge them to do this... I do it becuase of how much I enjoy the homestead update. Currently own 12 fully decorated homes, soon to be more.
    Edited by Sticky_Paws on August 12, 2017 5:02AM
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't see much of a demand for this. Guild helps with decorating for guild houses. Some may opt to pay someone but it's not a big thing, least on PS4.
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭

I don't see any problems as the customer just drop the items into the house mostly how it's done irl

Thanks for your input

Bellamy wrote: »
    This would be a really interesting thing to implement, though probably fairly difficult if you wanted the furnisher to actually suggest items for your house. I would definitely love to decorate other people's houses, though - I've spent ungodly amounts of time on my own already.

A potential but probably excessively expensive (in terms of real money) way to do this would be to give the furnisher a budget in crowns alongside your style preferences and specifications, have them decide what furniture would fit in your house from the crown store that fits that budget, and then buy the items and pile them in a corner to let the furnisher arrange everything.

It's also somewhat limiting when it comes to items only available with gold or from achievements, but there's no reason not to also send your decorater other items you might want included, or give them a gold budget as well.

• Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Broke irl or in game ?
    Sunah wrote: »
    For some people like me who lack imagination I would hire a decorator. Only issue is im a broke mother f so yeah...