The PlayStation® Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of February 25:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – February 25, 3:00AM EST (08:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA megaserver for maintenance– February 27, 4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: EU megaserver for maintenance – February 27, 4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance– February 27, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
The Wrathstone DLC Game Pack and Update 21 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/

Is there a demand for home 'decorators' for Homestead?

Sheyta
Sheyta
✭✭✭
I wounder is there a demand/market for home decorators for Homestead/housing?

I played in EQII, SWG where this was more like a job for god decorators.
This was not a free service you paid in either in game credits or in PayPal donations.

Soo are people intrested get this service?




Edited by Sheyta on August 12, 2017 11:29AM
Im not a Fanboi and I not a worshipper of fanboism
Thats why there may come critical post or comments from me becouse I think...
'hint on'_its not illegal to think_ 'hint off'

Is there a demand for home 'decorators' for Homestead? 24 votes

Yeas
20%
AkrasjelSunahBeardimusSticky_PawsOpticon 5 votes
No
79%
GilvothSlurgQueoixieKhenarthianitajoneb17_ESOAnath_QOmniDoEasily_LostLarianaHetairaSSlargSylvisSirGabenOfSteamiaJim_PippxerikosCêltic421RANKK7Sticky_Paws 19 votes
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why you couldn't. I wouldn't want this service myself (I love decorating) but furnishing takes a lot of time, money, and materials. Even though a decorator wouldn't be able to place items in a house, they could very well mail (COD, probably) crafted items to the owner and have them place them, then hop in with decorator permissions and start decorating. No reason this wouldn't work for people who want a nice home but don't want to deal with building it up themselves bit-by-bit.
    I am Queen of Typos. If you don't see "Edited by BlackSparrow" above this line, please assume my account has been taken over by scamps and react accordingly.

    My Girls:
    "Elsweyr, yay or nay?"

    Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "If circumstances try to drive me there, maybe. Right now, it just sounds like a lot of sand in my boots."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "The simple thought of it dries my scales. I ventured into Elsweyr long ago, but I may be getting too old to make the journey again."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "This one looks forward to seeing her home sands again. Perhaps she will make her home village many fish sticks!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "I could do much with a good dragon hide."
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "I see little need to muck about some ancient tomb. Too much work to do elsewhere. No, that was not an intentional pun."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton thief: "Stealing from the Ban Daar is always a fun challenge. Sometimes, they steal their stuff back!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "While I try to stay at Swum-Many-Waters' side, the whispers of an undead threat worry me."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "Perhaps. The lady Mephala spins many webs, and I can see there being benefit in sending me into the path of an undead invasion."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hear there will be dragons. I would be a disappointment to my Nord heritage if I did not try to slay them."
    Madam Argentia, dunmer aristocrat: "I have little desire to waltz across the desert for weeks at a time. It's terrible for the complexion."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'm kinda busy up in Wrothgar, sorry!"
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "The Khajiit usually throw some nice contracts my way. I'm sure Jimila will have something that will take me there."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one is happy to check back on her homeland after grand adventures drew her away! Let the kittens call her -dra instead of -daro now!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "My lady Meridia does detest the undead. I may need to sneak out on my duties on Artaeum to address it."

    (Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    Yeas
    For some people like me who lack imagination I would hire a decorator. Only issue is im a broke mother f so yeah...
  • Bellamy
    Bellamy
    ✭✭✭
    This would be a really interesting thing to implement, though probably fairly difficult if you wanted the furnisher to actually suggest items for your house. I would definitely love to decorate other people's houses, though - I've spent ungodly amounts of time on my own already.

    A potential but probably excessively expensive (in terms of real money) way to do this would be to give the furnisher a budget in crowns alongside your style preferences and specifications, have them decide what furniture would fit in your house from the crown store that fits that budget, and then buy the items and pile them in a corner to let the furnisher arrange everything.

    It's also somewhat limiting when it comes to items only available with gold or from achievements, but there's no reason not to also send your decorater other items you might want included, or give them a gold budget as well.
    Edited by Bellamy on August 11, 2017 5:39PM
    @Be11amy
    PC | NA | CP340
    Rhase | Dunmer | Magplar DPS
    Jo'lli | Khajiit | Warden Healer
  • xerikos
    xerikos
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Though I think it could be a great idea, I wouldn't think there would be a demand for it. Maybe a niche market, but no demand (I'm talking from my pov only).

    Before further consideration, does anybody know or is there some statistics, of how many players have acquired a home other than the starter inn rooms? For what I gathered among my friends, not many people are interested in housing since they think houses add too little to the game in terms of functionality. Making a house practical is quite expensive and they prefer to spend the time and money in something else. So based on that I would say demand for house decorators would be (or is) very low.
  • Aurelle1
    Aurelle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would absolutely hate anyone else to decorate any of my houses. For me, that aspect of housing is what I enjoy most in ESO, and I will happily spend hours micro-managing them. I'm fiercely possessive about them and would probably kill anybody who so much as turned a light off . I actually have to remind myself to sally forth and kill a few mobs every now and again. (Well maybe that's an exaggeration!) >:)

    But everyone is different, and I do see that there would be a demand for house decorators for those who see their homes as being mainly functional, but are not particularly interested in the home-making stuff.
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah not sure why I'd want to pay for a home decorator as yeah for me tats a huge p[art of the fun. that said I'm sure there are some people. that said the choice to buy a home pre-furnished for crowns may cut that down a fair bit.

    IIRC EQ and SWG ahd purposes for homes beyond JUST looking pretty so demand for that kinda service mighta been higher
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    In my experience in eso all of my friends have all the small apartments and at least a Large or notable house/mansion

    And we'll seen a lot of videos where hrm people can't even place the furniture's all is hovering above floor or painting clipping true the walls

    Chairs both hovering and inside tables

    Well thanks for the input
    xerikos wrote: »
    Though I think it could be a great idea, I wouldn't think there would be a demand for it. Maybe a niche market, but no demand (I'm talking from my pov only).

    Before further consideration, does anybody know or is there some statistics, of how many players have acquired a home other than the starter inn rooms? For what I gathered among my friends, not many people are interested in housing since they think houses add too little to the game in terms of functionality. Making a house practical is quite expensive and they prefer to spend the time and money in something else. So based on that I would say demand for house decorators would be (or is) very low.

    Im not a Fanboi and I not a worshipper of fanboism
    Thats why there may come critical post or comments from me becouse I think...
    'hint on'_its not illegal to think_ 'hint off'
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free decorator on PC EU here. Just slap some furniture in your house and I'll find a place for it. I will also follow a theme if that is desired, and tip you on what else the house may need

    Note; I can come PC NA aswell
    Edited by Runschei on August 12, 2017 2:21AM
    PC - EU - VIVEC
    Stick Princess, Noodleblade & Heimkok
    Late Night Dungeoneers // Bad Apples // Angler Management
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I currently do home decorating with the homeowner to help them achieve their desired theme... sometimes its suggestions and eye for fine details; other times it means asking them to provide certain items and letting my creative side work its magic to give unique spaces to each person from cozy and warm to wild and adventurous. But I don't charge them to do this... I do it becuase of how much I enjoy the homestead update. Currently own 12 fully decorated homes, soon to be more.
    Edited by Sticky_Paws on August 12, 2017 5:02AM
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't see much of a demand for this. Guild helps with decorating for guild houses. Some may opt to pay someone but it's not a big thing, least on PS4.
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭


    I don't see any problems as the customer just drop the items into the house mostly how it's done irl

    Thanks for your input






    Bellamy wrote: »
    This would be a really interesting thing to implement, though probably fairly difficult if you wanted the furnisher to actually suggest items for your house. I would definitely love to decorate other people's houses, though - I've spent ungodly amounts of time on my own already.

    A potential but probably excessively expensive (in terms of real money) way to do this would be to give the furnisher a budget in crowns alongside your style preferences and specifications, have them decide what furniture would fit in your house from the crown store that fits that budget, and then buy the items and pile them in a corner to let the furnisher arrange everything.

    It's also somewhat limiting when it comes to items only available with gold or from achievements, but there's no reason not to also send your decorater other items you might want included, or give them a gold budget as well.

    Im not a Fanboi and I not a worshipper of fanboism
    Thats why there may come critical post or comments from me becouse I think...
    'hint on'_its not illegal to think_ 'hint off'
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Broke irl or in game ?
    Sunah wrote: »
    For some people like me who lack imagination I would hire a decorator. Only issue is im a broke mother f so yeah...

    Im not a Fanboi and I not a worshipper of fanboism
    Thats why there may come critical post or comments from me becouse I think...
    'hint on'_its not illegal to think_ 'hint off'
Sign In or Register to comment.