The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NEW CONTENT IDEA: Unique weapons for dungeons and weapon skins

Pr0Skygon
Pr0Skygon
✭✭✭✭✭
I mean, why not? We've already cut the boss's head to make a helmet, so why not take their weapons and claims them for ourselves? We've already have often freaky looking (but sometimes actually look quite cool) armor sets, so what about weapons? I mean, isn't this why vDSA and vMA are such popular grinding spots? Players want cool, unique gears, ESPECIALLY WEAPON! We're so lack in that department.
Talking about cool looking, most weapons in ESO look really boring and frankly, kinda the same. Here's another idea: make weapons skin, so we can change the appearance of weapons, please. Make it works just like costume, but for weapons. Weapon skins will (and should) be awesome reward for complete story quests. Also, ZOS, you can actually sell super dope weapon skins in Crown Store for some extra bucks. I know that the weapon models and armor models have quite a lot of differences, but come on, make ESO great again! What do you say?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have "named" boss items, but they use regular styles.

Transmog is coming meaning we can make them anything we want via that system (depending how it works to what skills/costs).

ESO has established that unique looks are reserved for the most special items, which I think they intend to keep going with.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus I know about the transmog system, and I'm super happy about it. But what I'm suggesting is simply put the sense of unique and monster-ish style from armor sets to weapon sets :smiley:

Seriously, most mmo powers house has some kind of cool looking weapons, but ESO :neutral:
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pr0Skygon wrote: »
    @Turelus I know about the transmog system, and I'm super happy about it. But what I'm suggesting is simply put the sense of unique and monster-ish style from armor sets to weapon sets :smiley:

Seriously, most mmo powers house has some kind of cool looking weapons, but ESO :neutral:
    They have them for Maelstrom though, but the boss weapons are not that hard to get nor very special in what they do.

Better to save the very special designs for future items like that, where they'd doing much more than others and have to be obtained in a different way than normal gear. Otherwise you make the unique thing less interesting by having too many.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus That's actually a really good point.

But (most of the time there'll be a but) I do believe that even if ZOS somehow magically have thought of this idea, or have just suddenly read my random post and say "this guy has a point", I still have some wishes to ZOS about how to implement this idea:

1. Please don't block this idea under DLC paywall, just like vMA. Buy DLC and have more content? Sure. Buy DLC to get weapons that can't be found anywhere else? Pay to win.

2. Please don't block this idea under "hardcore" PvE content that requires a full group of actual veteran players to complete (ahem, vet trials, ahem).

3. Please don't make these weapons with super OP stat or proc. I'm totally cool with weird and new ideas for set bonus though :smiley: . Do not make these weapons a must have for PvPers

4. Please don't make these weapons to be sorely for PvE (Just like trials sets), or PvP (like Battleground sets).
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    transmog? how is is suppose to work will you be able to change all armor even non crafted sets and monster helms will weight matter aswell
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Pr0Skygon wrote: »

They have them for Maelstrom though, but the boss weapons are not that hard to get nor very special in what they do.

Better to save the very special designs for future items like that, where they'd doing much more than others and have to be obtained in a different way than normal gear. Otherwise you make the unique thing less interesting by having too many.

This is exactly the problem. Boss weapons should have unique enchants like vMA weapons(or maybe offer a 3rd set bonus to existing monster sets if you have the weapon as well)
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make every "named" armour drop from a boss have tri-stat enchant.

fix prismatic weapon enchants to be not sucky and have all "named" weapons drop with that.

There, I did it. I made named drops better. I'm awesome. Go me!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Make every "named" armour drop from a boss have tri-stat enchant.

fix prismatic weapon enchants to be not sucky and have all "named" weapons drop with that.

There, I did it. I made named drops better. I'm awesome. Go me!
    But... everyone not a tank or a hybrid will just re-enchant everything?
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/353191/idea-monster-weapon-sets/p1
    Spindleclutch II
    Bloodspawns Teeth - Daggers
    (1 piece bonus) Adds 250 Max health
    (2 piece bonus) Flurry and its morphs heal for %5 of damage inflcted

Crypt of Hearts II
    Nerien'eths Disciple - Frost Staff
    (1 piece bonus) Adds 250 Max Magika - %20 chance when dealing damage with Impulse or its morphs to summon a ghost spirit to fight for you for 15 seconds. It's basic attacks deal [x] amount of frost damage and snares the target

From @AzraelKrieg
    Nerien'eths Necrotic Blast - (Weapon type: TBD)
    (1 Item effect): Adds 250 Magicka- Dealing Direct Elemental Damage has a 10% chance to send a skull of necrotic energy hurtling towards your target, dealing [x] magic damage.

From @Fishstrom
    Lich's Chill - (Weapon Type: TBD)
    (1 piece) Adds 250 Magicka - Enemies standing in your Wall of Elements are inflicted with Minor Main for 5 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%. (Cooldown of 7 seconds)

Elden Hollow I
    Leafseethers Sweep - Two Handed Axe
    (1 piece bonus) Adds 1260 Physical resistance - Cleave or its morphs pulls enemies towards you when hit. 2 second cooldown

Darkshade Caverns II
    Hive Lords Rage - Mace and Shield
    (1 piece bonus) Adds 250 Stamina
    (2 peice bonus) While Shield Wall or its morphs are active, deal [x] damage per second in a 5m radius

Vault of madness
    Death's Charge - Sword and Shield
    (1 piece bonus) Adds 250 Health
    (2 piece bonus) Shield Charge or its morphs deal [x] more damage

Direfrost Keep
    Teethmashers Kneecappers - Maces
    (2 piece bonus) Whirlwind or its morphs have a %20 chance to snare enemies hit

Crypt of Hearts I
    Leviathans Femur - Inferno Staff
    (1 piece bonus) Adds 250 Stamina - When you roll dodge, create a wall of fire over the area you cover (probably something like a 10m long 1m wide AoE DoT), dealing [x] flame damage per second for 5 seconds (or just take the code from the morihaus set to deal flame damage when you roll through enemies).

City of Ash I
    Erthas' Summoning Circle - Bow
    (1 piece bonus) Adds 250 Magicka - When you deal damage with volley or its morphs you have a %10 chance to summon a Flame Atronauch for 15 seconds that deals [x] flame damage per attack and inflicts burning

Courtesy of @Alpheu5
    Warden's Razors - Daggers
    (1 piece) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (2 pieces) Casting Whirlwind places a ring of flame in a 5m radius that deals X Flame damage every second for 8 seconds. This ability has a cooldown of 4 seconds.

Fungal Grotto I
    Bloodbirthers frenzy - Swords
    (2 piece bonus) Each direct damage hit from Twin slashes or its morphs deals [x] shock damage

Imperial City Prison
    Lord Wardens Splintered Staff - Restoration Staff
    (1 piece bonus) adds 1260 Spell resistance - Steadfast Ward or its morphs have a %10 chance to summon a ranged shade for 15 seconds when cast. the shades attacks deal [x] magic damage. This chance is increased to %100 when cast on an ally below 60% health.

From @Fishstrom
    Lord wardens splintered staff (Lord Wardend Protective Shell?) - Restoration Staff
    (1 piece) ICP-when you cast a restoration staff ability, you have a 10% to create a dome where allies receive 5% more healing and restore 300 health every second for 8 seconds. Cool down of 15 seconds

Banished Cells II
    Kinlords Spite - Two Handed Sword
    (1 piece bonus) Adds 4% healing taken- when you Critically hit with Uppercut or its morphs, spawn a Feast Orb nearby. Collecting this orb restores [x] health and [y] stamina. 10 second cooldown.

Ruins of Mazzatun
    Ka-Nesh's Leeching Root - Restoration staff
    (1 piece bonus ) Adds 4% healing done - When you cast Panacea or it's morphs, summon a siphoning totem near you that drains [x] physical damage from enemies in a 5m radius, heals you for %20 of the damage delt.

White Gold Tower
    Molag Kenas Force - Lightning Staff
    (1 piece bonus) Adds 64 Spell Damage - Elemental Storm or its morphs knocks enemies down for 2 seconds (this may be too OP)

From @AzraelKrieg
    Inhibitor's Coldfire - (Weapon type: TBD)
    (1 Item effect): Adds 64 Spell Damage - All attacks have a [x]% chance to proc burning (can be buffed by charged and other stat enhancing effects, a fire staff and skills in this case would make this a lot easier to proc, this set would generally benefit DK's more), successive procs refresh the burning duration, combust for an additional [x] flame (frost) damage, and apply an additional 5% slow. After 6 stacks the target is snared for 4 seconds.

Elden Hollow II
    Dark Siphon - Axe and shield
    (1 piece bonus) increase health recovery by 60
    (2 piece bonus) critically striking an enemy with a shield bash restores [x] magicka and [x] stamina, can only occur once every 10 seconds.

Blackheart Haven
    Atarus's Breath - Bow
    (1 piece bonus) Increase weapon damage by 64 - Arrow Spray or its morphs deal an additional [x] poison damage

Wayrest Sewers II
    Uulgarg's Momentum - Two Handed Axe
    (1 piece bonus) Cleave or its morphs are no longer a conal attack, instead decreasing the radius to 5m in a circle.

Selene's Web
    Foulhides Fangs - Swords
    (2 piece bonus) enemies effected by the initial application of lacerate or its morphs are feared for 2 seconds. (or could workaround by casting a version of the NB fear initially)

From @KeiruNicrom
    Longclaw's Ambush - Bow
    1 piece: Damaging an enemy with snipe causes them to take 8% more damage from critical strikes for 5 seconds (10 second cooldown)

From @KeiruNicrom
    Longclaw's Spirit - Bow
    1 piece: Damaging an enemy with snipe marks them as prey for 30 sec, any damage from your DoTs during this time has a 3% chance of summoning a daughter of longclaw to swipe at them dealing [x] physical damage

Arx Corinium
    Ganaktons Ward - Sword and Shield
    (1 piece bonus) Adds 1260 Spell Resistance
    (2 piece bonus) Power Bash or its morphs deal [x] Shock damage in a 3m radius. 7 second cooldown

Darkshade Caverns I
    The Hive Lords Fist - Warhammer
    (1 piece bonus) Adds 250 stamina - Reverse Slash or its morphs deal an additional %30 damage to nearby targets.

From @Fishstrom
    Hivelords rage- (Hivelords Carapace ?) - Shield and (TBD)
    (1 piece) adds X health
    (2 piece) when you taunt an enemy, you gain 2560 physical and spell resistance for 10 seconds (cooldown of 5)

Banished Cells I
    Angata's Staff - Inferno Staff
    (1 piece bonus) Adds 250 Magicka - When you deal damage with wall of elements or its morphs, you have a %10 chance to summon a clannfear for 15 seconds. The clannfears attacks deal [x] physical magic damage.

Wayrest Sewers I
    Allene's Daggers - Dagger
    (2 piece bonus) when below 25% health, gain %100 chance to dodge the next attack. 10 second cooldown

Fungal Grotto II
    Mephala's Hand - mace and shield
    (2 piece bonus) Light and heavy attacks have a %15 chance to summon a black widow spider, whose attacks deal [x] poison damage.

Tempest Island
    Whirlwind Charge - Two Handed Axe
    (1 piece bonus) Adds 250 Magicka - Critical charge or its morphs now knock down enemies. No longer guaranteed Crit.

Spindleclutch I
    Butcher - Axes
    (1 piece bonus) adds 250 Stamina
    (2 piece bonus) With Blade cloak or its morphs active, killing an enemy restores [x] health

Volenfell
    Gargoyles Gaze - Sword and Shield
    (1 piece bonus) adds %1 damage blocked
    (2 piece bonus) Puncture or its morphs now petrify enemies for 10 seconds, dealing damage breaks petrification.

Blessed Crucible
    Frigid Touch - Frost Staff
    (1 piece bonus) Adds 250 Magicka
    (2 piece bonus) Critically striking an enemy with Destructive Touch or its morphs spawns a frigid banekin at your location. This banekin runs to an enemy and then explodes in a 4m radius, dealing [x] frost damage

City of Ash II
    From @Fishstrom
    Skoria's charred claymore- adds 250 stamina. When you attack an enemy with a physical damage ability you have a (10%,5% other) to activate a synergy to slam your sword into the ground dealing 5000 physical damage in a 4 meter area and 3000 flame damage over 7 seconds

Cradle of Shadows
    Shadows Embrace - Daggers
    (1 piece bonus) 1260 Physical Penetration
    (2 piece bonus) Hidden blade or its morphs deal an additional [x] damage when attacking from stealth.
    I'd love to hear your ideas too
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on August 11, 2017 4:43PM