The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Came back to game after several months to find I still have the same issues.

WillhelmBlack
WillhelmBlack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Graphical errors, long/infinite loading screens, lag on weapon swap and I can't even quit the game! I have to shut down my windows pc, can't even reach the task manager.

Besides that, wicked game, balance is getting a lot better. Just fix these things, I have a decent rig that has no problem with other games maybe 4-5 years newer than ESO.

Halp!
PC EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Graphical errors, long/infinite loading screens, lag on weapon swap and I can't even quit the game! I have to shut down my windows pc, can't even reach the task manager.

Besides that, wicked game, balance is getting a lot better. Just fix these things, I have a decent rig that has no problem with other games maybe 4-5 years newer than ESO.

Halp!

Hey, welcome back.

My concern with having to shut down the PC to exit the game is that there is something about your system. It seems that people complain that it exits almost too easily. If you catch my drift.

As for the lag on weapon swap, that gets me every day. I had to write an addon to make the swap more noticeable, but even with that, I sometimes spam something that is not spammable because the weapon did not swap.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Having to shut down your PC in order to quit the game is not normal. Along with the graphic errors and long loading screens it indicates a few different things which could be causing such behavior. If you've not done so already, please go through the troubleshooting linked below and see if any of these help your issues. The steps listed in the help article below would still apply for other types of freezes and crashes in ESO.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with a black screen after I press Play?

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Having to shut down your PC in order to quit the game is not normal. Along with the graphic errors and long loading screens it indicates a few different things which could be causing such behavior. If you've not done so already, please go through the troubleshooting linked below and see if any of these help your issues. The steps listed in the help article below would still apply for other types of freezes and crashes in ESO.

I've done most of that in the past and recently re-did it all again after a fresh install of EVERYTHING. Nothing different at all.

This is the most complicated and buggy game I have ever played. I can't even quit the game, I have to restart/shut down from task manager still. The missing/blurry ground textures I guess must be related to my GTX670 4gb, which is old but still plays every other game I have in ultra, including much, much newer games. I can walk over a patch of grass/soil, walk to behind a rock, come back and that same texture is then blurry, not missing but blurry. I also get weird stretched textures and often see things others can not.
    PC EU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @WillhelmBlack

We are sorry that you are still running into graphical errors, long loading screens, and lag after going through the troubleshooting we recommended. You will want to submit a support ticket through here to get further assistance with these issues. In your ticket make sure to list what troubleshooting you've already tried and include a game consultant report.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've done most of that in the past and recently re-did it all again after a fresh install of EVERYTHING. Nothing different at all.

This is the most complicated and buggy game I have ever played. I can't even quit the game, I have to restart/shut down from task manager still. The missing/blurry ground textures I guess must be related to my GTX670 4gb, which is old but still plays every other game I have in ultra, including much, much newer games. I can walk over a patch of grass/soil, walk to behind a rock, come back and that same texture is then blurry, not missing but blurry. I also get weird stretched textures and often see things others can not.

I agree that you are seeing extraordinarily bad things, inability to quit the game being the biggest red flag. While there might be some bug in ESO, my concern is more that there is something atypically bad about your system that is causing ESO to hang, where normally it should not. In my experience, hangs like this are often due to some background task that is hung waiting for the OS, or some device, to do something. While this can be a bug in ESO, it is less likely the more people we find who don't have the problem.

I would be concerned about that video card, since it could easily be the source of multiple problems.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree that you are seeing extraordinarily bad things, inability to quit the game being the biggest red flag. While there might be some bug in ESO, my concern is more that there is something atypically bad about your system that is causing ESO to hang, where normally it should not. In my experience, hangs like this are often due to some background task that is hung waiting for the OS, or some device, to do something. While this can be a bug in ESO, it is less likely the more people we find who don't have the problem.

I would be concerned about that video card, since it could easily be the source of multiple problems.

Thanks, it still plays all my other games perfectly so I'm not going to be changing anything out soon.

and thanks @ZOS_BillE for the response.
    PC EU