The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestion] Tweak for Necropotence

mewcatus
mewcatus
✭✭✭
Let me start off by saying, I am not asking for a revision to the suggested nerf for necropotence. Instead, I am proposing a slight change to how the 5th set bonus of necropotence works mechanically.

Current proposed change.
(2 items) Adds 1095 Maximum Magicka
(3 items) Adds 1095 Maximum Magicka
(4 items) Adds 1095 Maximum Magicka
(5 items) While you have a pet active, your Max Magicka is increased by 3150.

Suggested proposed change.
(2 items) Adds 1095 Maximum Magicka
(3 items) Adds 1095 Maximum Magicka
(4 items) Adds 1095 Maximum Magicka
(5 items) While you have a pet active, you get a buff which increases your Max Magicka by 3150 for 10 seconds. The buff is refreshed every time it ends. (Much like how Spell-Power Cure 5th set bonus but with a 100% chance of activation.)

Objectively, this overall DPS from the current and suggested proposed change is similar, but my suggested proposed change dramatically helps Restoration/Destruction staff based set users, allowing ranged magicka necropotence users.

Specifically, this helps those who wears a 2 piece monster set, and 2 5-Set bonus sets via weapon swapping.

For example, Consider the following.
2 piece monster set.
Head - Infernal Guardian
Shoulder - Infernal Guardian
Necklace - Necropotence
Ring - Necropotence
Ring - Necropotence
Gloves - Necropotence
Chest - Spell-Power Cure
Breeches - Spell-Power Cure
Belt - Spell-Power Cure
Boots - Spell-Power Cure
Weapon 1 - Necropotence Destruction Staff
Weapon 2 - Spell-Power Cure Restoration Staff

With the suggested proposed change above, even when switching to the Spell-Power Cure restoration staff, the player can still retain the Necropotence 5 set bonus for around 8 seconds or so.
Not exactly a boost, but still a very useful change for necropotence, allowing this set to work well with other proc based boost sets.

Note that the nerf change is still there, but how the bonus get applied opens a bigger field of sets which can work effectively with necropotence.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There would still be no point in wearing the set in PvE though. The nerf hit its damage potential too hard.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just stop. Necropotence is one of the strongest sets in PvP (in PvE it won't be anymore tho, I admit that) and doesn't need buffs...
    If you want it to be good in PvE then feel free to make suggestions which doesn't make it overpowered in PvP (which it currently is, no need to argue about that). Maybe just rework the set in general.
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on August 10, 2017 12:49PM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Being able to 5/5/2 in PvP as a pet sorcerer ...

*shield stack intensifies*
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, I accept this change as long as the same thing happens to pirate skeleton and hundings. Why not make julianos and spinner the same too while we're at it? Hell, amberplasm and shacklebreaker should also give you a 10s buff that refreshes every time you bar swap.

Do you realize how *** your suggestion sounds?
    Edited by Subversus on August 10, 2017 2:01PM
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels far too much of an attempt to get the benefit of Necropotence while not having a pet up at the same time. The whole point of the set is, or was when it was designed, for Daedric Summoning Sorcs to empower their pets with: pet requirement is kind of the whole idea.
    Edited by Transairion on August 10, 2017 2:13PM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necropotence really should not boost the user itself, but rather his pets. It should give X% more damage and Y% more damage reduction to pets, and why not a speed increase or something like that. A pure pet-focused stuff.

Or necro may remove the pet necessity and get the exact same values as draugr hulk ; in this case, a new craftable set (for medium/heavy possibilities with on-magicka pets) may become the new pet-focused build, with unique pet-oriented properties on the 2, 3 and 4 pieces bonus.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, it's a silly idea because why not do that with every set then? Buff them all! Not everything needs to work like lich. Some sets have a nice or a bonus. Let's not make it the norm.

Also, why have a pet on one bar only? That's not how they work.

Spell Power cure on one bar is a bad idea too. The idea is having HoTs going t proc it. So if you swap bars, you're cutting down your proc chance...

Even with your suggestion, DPS wise the nerf still means other things in Pve will outperform it. So just run Julianos on one bar and whatever on the other.
    Edited by Brrrofski on August 10, 2017 3:05PM
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL.
    I play how I want to.