Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Oh VMA, my dear and lovely Virtual MAdness!

• Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    WeyounTM wrote: »
    I went in VMA last week with my main khajiit-magplar. I really dont know why, because I am a bad player handicapped by a lot of things (can only play Khajiit, can't weave for ***, still using arrow-keys for movement so no WASD, approaching age 47, suffering from real OCD etc. etc.).
    Well after lots of trys I managed to reach stage 6 and got stuck there with my Magplar. After 2 days I switched to my Khajiit-Mag-Sorc which I barely played after getting her to Level 50. And I then managed to get her without lots of skills into passives to the final stage and the final boss.
    But that is/was it for now. I usually take a bit to get to the boss and get exausted then. I manage to get him to 70% about half the time i try and then in the stage above it all falls apart for me. I kinda know about what to do then. But burning the pillars and being watchful not to get blown downstairs is way beyond my current skillset.

For this one, VMA feels like a total different game. It is hardcore-mode-on-crack mixed with being stuck in an iron maiden while doing it.
    I cannot imagine doing that for fun...it simply isnt for this one. But I just want to get it done *once* to get it out of my OCD brain.

@WeyounTM
    Well if it can comfort you, i tried with my sorc, NB, Wardens and Templar.. i beated it on my wardens, NB and Sorc.... on my side, sorc is the one i'm having the most trouble with, as for my templar, i made her to stage 5 and stoped, i die way too much, at the point it's a waste of time doing it on her... i'm getting old as well and been gaming ever since Atari 2600 came out, but i presume even though the say goes to tell which class is better, i am too clumsy/slow reflexes to run it on some classes,, we are all comftable with our own classes..... mine is def. not the templar nor sorc lol. ok in vMA my dps is really average, i use sigils and tri-stats potions when trouble occurs..

but after not even 60 runs, my goal was getting weapons, scorebeards at least once for week, since most of the time i do my runs in multi-session lging in between some stages and doing them when i have a few minutes, trying to do 2-3 per days, at least one.. what matters to me now is able to clear it out, flawless will come in time, which i was 1 death fro, getting it last night...

But when i watch people videos on Youtube, damn i suck, those guys kick asses, but, i don'T care. I now can say i run it and have fun, the more you run it, the more it goes easy.. like some dungeons when i started them vet, some hated, like the whisperer boss in spindleclutch 1... but after getting the hang of her, it's fun now and easier.. even though i hate some stages, i hate 6 and 7 cuz most of time i died because i'm stupid, as for 2 and 4 i hate them because i hate dwemer technology. :) But yeah after you beated once, and know you can do it, something weird occurs... a hidden power that comes to you and say « hey i can beat it now » so it gets a bit esier because you know it's doable... and the more something gets easy the more fun it is.. it's just the learning process is boring and frustrating.. i've been there a lot lol

Avnr wrote: »
    Who sayed that after you beat VMA the next runs easy? well there not:)
    RNG kick in hard , drop RNG and boss RNG
    Completed 3 full runs - battle axe , resto , resto

the ice stage easy for me now , from stage 7 ,9... well it's all RNG

Stage 7
    ...the boss decide to stand next to the umbrela npc:)
    ...those posion spinklers random spawn
    Stage 9
    full of rng , after i drop down from the upper circle i am so mad that i only focus nuke the boss ignoring all:)

Waiting for the sharp destro , maybe the runs goin to be more easy:)
    BUT - from update to update vma is harder and harder

For non super gear owners like me(no VO or MD sets) the magicka reduction hit us hard
    So i forced to play heavy attack sorc pet build , very boring

All my other classes( i have all stamina and magicka) kill very fast but no sustain
    No trial gear , no way(exept sorc)

@Avnr
    It does comes easier believe me.. my nightmare was stage 5 and 7, a real nightmare, now, stage 5 i mostly run it with one life, 2 but often no death, well, exept when i die cuz i'm stupid, like last night, i was 1 death from getting my first flawless, and that's where i died, cuz, being stupid, i haven't paid attention to the boss health progression, and didin't realised he was getting 75%, so i couldn'T clear the islan in time before he breaks it... dumb me :) But besides some stages, which like 7 is mostly RNG, so at first i died a lot cuz of the RNG flowers, RNG hardcore there.. and the boss screaming, now i am so comftable that when mages stands on flowers, i simply kill it and interupt boss and fight him enraged to the end... but, took me a quite few runs getting comftable...

I can say on my side, took me at least 10 runs to get more comftable on all stages, less shaking, more thinking what i do and less random reflexes.. stage 9 took me longe,r specialy last fightéé first runs could take me hour to beat it, i then droped, att he point now stage 9 i mostly run it with no deaths or 1-2 cuz again being stupid and die like a *** for some dumb errors... Cremetarial Guards are not that of a problem in that stage, exept the oens spawning on boss fight, for some reason i'm having a few times issue with them...

But again i'm a « a bit above average player ».. so if i can do it, you all can, but yep man, the more you run it, the easier it'll get.. but, some people takes more runs, some less... i have a guildy after 30 runs he started Flawlessing it, i'm at 59th, 2 stages from 60th and only made one sittings so far with 6/15 lives left, then after 8/15, then one sitting after 12/15 and last night i made it 14/15.. but i know how i am and nervous like *** and clumsy, it can be a flawless next one sitting i try, or can be worste for the few next tries lol time started from hours, just clearing stage 9 last boss could take me 1.5 hour just that part... then went down to 1h35 total run, down to 1h30, 1h24, 1h14, 1h00, then last night 1h03, because i was chatting with a friend in between stages lol, but yep it shows in progress, don't give up :) so the faster yu clear it, the less deaths it take,s the more you anticipate when trouble mbos spawn and remember spawn orders, it does gets a lot easier, less surprises, exept stage 7 for the flowers, stage 6 for the stupid yellow pillars when little spierds comes, lots of them i die been biten on my toes from them while mini bosses slows me down, smack me on the head and stun as sky lightning hits me :P

But the more i ran them, i gave myself some tips on part i have problems with. does help, when i'll be really better at them, i'll try other players way of doing form video on Youtube, but for now, i play how i'm comfortable with until i can sorta master it my way...

Stage 7: if you're ranged man, when i see mages in trouble situation or if i see the mage i'm under is about to die, i interupt the boss and fight him from distance...

Stage 9: (since i don't care about using sigil on some fights) on this fight what i do is, asap i get down, i make aa sprint to get defensive shield, so for about 30 secds i dont care if the boss attacks me i leave him channeling attack me, i only roll dodge his skulls not to get knockback down, as soon as i get the defensive sigil i look around, the 1st yellow ghost is about to spwan and mostly close to him, so get back to him as you grab the sigil, or look around tog rab the ghost... (in any ways try to always get close to the boss to grab all 3 first yellow ghosts) by that time the first summoner is there, you have you sigil defensive on, ignore boss, and burn the summoner, once you grab your 3rd ghost, or close to it, the crematorial guard will spawn, usualy close to the boss, it's noe the time to use explosion, and burn the guard, when he's done, refocus boss, ignore next summoner sine more likely boss will die by the time he has time to finish summoning.. trying to grab again yellow ghost before boss grabs them... i also grab regen/speed sigil after grabbing defensive sigil so i can run faster to grab yellow ghosts... if at first you'Re not in for the scored, use sigils.... when fight start also, i get behind the damage sigil, buff up before boss spawn, when his portal appears i drop ground aoe, grab damage sigil and use ultimates trying to burn him to 70% so he goes the *** up asap trying to avoid crematorial guard spawn... just remember when he spawn, he does a small attack then start charging a skull, get ready for roll dodging or blocking

As for your gear comment, well gear less secondary once used to the place, dps might get lower etc.. but still doable, i even made with with my healer warden (CP realocation for a bit more dps though) with 5x SPC and 5X Worm, no monster set... tok me a bit more time, but was doable :) but again my dps in vma is average versus what i can do in group events....

EDIT: One last word i can tell you to that place new commers, be careful, cuz the more you run it, the more easy it gets, the more addictive it becomes, i made it about 2 week ago for the first time, and i'm at 60 runs already.. would be more if i'd be faster lol My RL being on night shift which whom i play much doesn't help, i mostly have vMA to run at night cuz he's one of the few people i like runing 4 mens with or do stuff, haven't raid much since morrowind...
    Edited by Insandros on August 9, 2017 12:29PM
    Options
  • hitman2nine
    hitman2nine
    ✭✭
    Smmokkee wrote: »
    Yeah 4 more runs today. 2 SNB, 1 powered axe, 1 nirn greatsword. 2 of the runs were leaderboard runs so hopefully I'll get something decent from those 2 come Sunday.Sunday. Lol

Nirn greatsword is a nice drop.

yeah it was a nice surprise. I have the maul already. Just waiting for the battle axe now.

Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´ve never done it for the weapons. I like vMA since it´s a soloinstance. I´ve done it for the challange and for the scores. If I eventually get a good weapon or two that´s just a bonus :)
    Options
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I´ve never done it for the weapons. I like vMA since it´s a soloinstance. I´ve done it for the challange and for the scores. If I eventually get a good weapon or two that´s just a bonus :)

i'm totaly the opposite road of you :) that's why i hated that place at first, i'm more a group person than solo... made me sad going in there :)
    Options
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    Avnr wrote: »
    Who sayed that after you beat VMA the next runs easy? well there not:)
    RNG kick in hard , drop RNG and boss RNG
    Completed 3 full runs - battle axe , resto , resto

the ice stage easy for me now , from stage 7 ,9... well it's all RNG

Stage 7
    ...the boss decide to stand next to the umbrela npc:)
    ...those posion spinklers random spawn
    Stage 9
    full of rng , after i drop down from the upper circle i am so mad that i only focus nuke the boss ignoring all:)

Waiting for the sharp destro , maybe the runs goin to be more easy:)
    BUT - from update to update vma is harder and harder

For non super gear owners like me(no VO or MD sets) the magicka reduction hit us hard
    So i forced to play heavy attack sorc pet build , very boring

All my other classes( i have all stamina and magicka) kill very fast but no sustain
    No trial gear , no way(exept sorc)

@Avnr
    It does comes easier believe me.. my nightmare was stage 5 and 7, a real nightmare, now, stage 5 i mostly run it with one life, 2 but often no death, well, exept when i die cuz i'm stupid, like last night, i was 1 death from getting my first flawless, and that's where i died, cuz, being stupid, i haven't paid attention to the boss health progression, and didin't realised he was getting 75%, so i couldn'T clear the islan in time before he breaks it... dumb me :) But besides some stages, which like 7 is mostly RNG, so at first i died a lot cuz of the RNG flowers, RNG hardcore there.. and the boss screaming, now i am so comftable that when mages stands on flowers, i simply kill it and interupt boss and fight him enraged to the end... but, took me a quite few runs getting comftable...
    [/quote]

Hey thanks

I do really ok , my dps great , kill fast and all - from stage 1 to 7 very fast
    RNG kills me:) just now i rested from stage 7 again - the umbrella man decide to open hes umbrella inside that poison spinkler:)

Point is with crazy dps you can ignore mechanics
    for exp - stage 9 final boss
    If you can nuke the boss to 75% before the mini boss and healer spawn then you done:)
    But i dont have crazy dps so i need to take the boss to 75% while fight the mini boss and all other

Same for stage 7 - 3 umbrella rounds spawns... and the boss still 25%
    So if you kill the boss fast you can ignore all randoms and rng , just kill fast

Options
  • overclocker303b14_ESO
    Well after 300 + runa no light destro sharpen. Aftet next patch changea, i quit VMA wil be using precise instead :-) although higher critical Will be easier to obtain.

I cleared it a week ago for the first time and got a sharp lightning destro :)

Decided to just level a magicka toon instead of going back for a bow (at least for now).

It would be awesome if they made it so the weapons can be traded to another player but only for another vma weapon. Aka you can trade a vma lightning vma weapon but only if you trade it to someone and they give you another vma weapon.

This would help with the grind / rng but still prevent weapons from showing up in guild traders (which I don't think would be fair to the people that actually took the time to learn / clear the content).
    Options
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For one reason or another, this thread made me (finally) break down and try my hand at vMA, with the goal of finishing it.

I tried when it first launched but the whole 'no progress saving' was a deal-breaker for me. I have to log off too often and I felt that I wouldn't have the time to 'get gud' at it if I had to start over all the time. (This thought process is ironic, as I'll detail in a moment.)

I started this past Sunday afternoon, having watched a quick run-down of the Stages. I've been chipping away at it for a couple of hours each night. I made it to Voriak Solkyn last night but I got a phone call and had to take off. I don't mind re-doing the whole Stage, it's practice.

When I first started on Sunday I would do the first 6 Stages, then drop and reset the whole instance, and repeat. I can do those rounds with my eyes closed and with no deaths. I was having an issue with Stage 7 due to horrible luck with the Poison Flowers spawning under the Bubble Shield. So, instead of raging at the game, I focused on something I could control, which was getting really good at the first 6 Stages.

Doing that also made me much more comfortable with my build (mTemplar), and as a byproduct, the whole instance feels 'slowed-down' now.

After doing the "Stages 1-6, then drop" a few times I was comfortable enough to re-try Stage 7 again. This time the Poison Flowers didn't get me (luck!) and I cleared without a Death (luck & skill!).

Going into Stage 8, I was really worried about the Fire Damage due to being a Vampire. I made it to the Final Boss on my first attempt without dying. WTF? And even then, I only died because I derped *hard* on the Crystal aspect of that fight. Even after having broken those Crystals to kill other baddies, I forgot all about it on the Boss. I blamed my puppy for distracting me... Regardless, I felt soo stupid! Cleared it the 2nd attempt. I honestly feel like this was one of the easier Stages, Vampire or not. Harness Magica + Sweeps FTW!

Last night I made my first attempt at Stage 9 and had a no-death until the Ash Titan. I was standing a little too close and managed to get hit by his fire. I picked myself back up and proceeded to make it to Voriak Solkyn. I didn't have time to attempt the fight so I'll give it a shot tonight. I hear I'm in for a world of hurt!

When I first started this whole adventure I wasn't using the Sigils. Not out of "I'm a bad ass!", but out of "OMG there's so much going on I don't have time! Where were they?!" However, once things "slowed down" a bit for me I was able to start picking them up. Holy ***! They're sooo strong. IDDQD, for sure!

I've learned a lot during this whole process and had a lot of fun while doing so. Stage 7 pissed me off more than a few times due to the Poison Flowers doing whatever they want, but aside from that, I really haven't "raged at my computer" like I thought I would.

I don't know why I put this off for so long. My "excuse" of time and having to start over actually became a method of getting better at it.

Honestly, I feel that if I can do this, anyone can. I don't consider myself a "pro". I don't Animation Cancel very well, if at all. I "wrong bar" like it's my job. I haven't memorized where every Sigil is located; most of the time I don't remember to use them. I don't have a Destro Staff Ultimate nor all the Passives for some of the skill trees. I'm sure my CP isn't optimum. Etc, etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is; if you've been putting vMA off because you don't think you'll be 'good enough' to do it...I think with a little bit of humility and practice, you'll surprise yourself. What they say is true, it'll seem impossible at first, and then after a few times through, you'll really wonder how in the world you managed to die to the vast majority of the stuff in there.

The goal I set for myself was to have vMA cleared before September. Pending any IRL setbacks, I think I'm going to make it!
    Edited by nine9six on August 10, 2017 3:15PM
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a place where you can develop a love/hate relationship with pretty easily. I still fondly remember the great feeling that first clear was though.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well after 300 + runa no light destro sharpen. Aftet next patch changea, i quit VMA wil be using precise instead :-) although higher critical Will be easier to obtain.

I cleared it a week ago for the first time and got a sharp lightning destro :)

Decided to just level a magicka toon instead of going back for a bow (at least for now).

It would be awesome if they made it so the weapons can be traded to another player but only for another vma weapon. Aka you can trade a vma lightning vma weapon but only if you trade it to someone and they give you another vma weapon.

This would help with the grind / rng but still prevent weapons from showing up in guild traders (which I don't think would be fair to the people that actually took the time to learn / clear the content).

Yep that would be cool, but they wouldn't us to, would make it too easy to obtain :P
    Options
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    nine9six wrote: »
    For one reason or another, this thread made my (finally) break down and try my hand at vMA, with the goal of finishing it.

I tried when it first launched but the whole 'no progress saving' was a deal-breaker for me. I have to log off too often and I felt that I wouldn't have the time to 'get gud' at it if I had to start over all the time. (This thought process is ironic, as I'll detail in a moment.)

I started this past Sunday afternoon, having watched a quick run-down of the Stages. I've been chipping away at it for a couple of hours each night. I made it to Voriak Solkyn last night but I got a phone call and had to take off. I don't mind re-doing the whole Stage, it's practice.

When I first started on Sunday I would do the first 6 Stages, then drop and reset the whole instance, and repeat. I can do those rounds with my eyes closed and with no deaths. I was having an issue with Stage 7 due to horrible luck with the Poison Flowers spawning under the Bubble Shield. So, instead of raging at the game, I focused on something I could control, which was getting really good at the first 6 Stages.

Doing that also made me much more comfortable with my build (mTemplar), and as a byproduct, the whole instance feels 'slowed-down' now.

After doing the "Stages 1-6, then drop" a few times I was comfortable enough to re-try Stage 7 again. This time the Poison Flowers didn't get me (luck!) and I cleared without a Death (luck & skill!).

Going into Stage 8, I was really worried about the Fire Damage due to being a Vampire. I made it to the Final Boss on my first attempt without dying. WTF? And even then, I only died because I derped *hard* on the Crystal aspect of that fight. Even after having broken those Crystals to kill other baddies, I forgot all about it on the Boss. I blamed my puppy for distracting me... Regardless, I felt soo stupid! Cleared it the 2nd attempt. I honestly feel like this was one of the easier Stages, Vampire or not. Harness Magica + Sweeps FTW!

Last night I made my first attempt at Stage 9 and had a no-death until the Ash Titan. I was standing a little too close and managed to get hit by his fire. I picked myself back up and proceeded to make it to Voriak Solkyn. I didn't have time to attempt the fight so I'll give it a shot tonight. I hear I'm in for a world of hurt!

When I first started this whole adventure I wasn't using the Sigils. Not out of "I'm a bad ass!", but out of "OMG there's so much going on I don't have time! Where were they?!" However, once things "slowed down" a bit for me I was able to start picking them up. Holy ***! They're sooo strong. IDDQD, for sure!

I've learned a lot during this whole process and had a lot of fun while doing so. Stage 7 pissed me off more than a few times due to the Poison Flowers doing whatever they want, but aside from that, I really haven't "raged at my computer" like I thought I would.

I don't know why I put this off for so long. My "excuse" of time and having to start over actually became a method of getting better at it.

Honestly, I feel that if I can do this, anyone can. I don't consider myself a "pro". I don't Animation Cancel very well, if at all. I "wrong bar" like it's my job. I haven't memorized where every Sigil is located; most of the time I don't remember to use them. I don't have a Destro Staff Ultimate nor all the Passives for some of the skill trees. I'm sure my CP isn't optimum. Etc, etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is; if you've been putting vMA off because you don't think you'll be 'good enough' to do it...I think with a little bit of humility and practice, you'll surprise yourself. What they say is true, it'll seem impossible at first, and then after a few times through, you'll really wonder how in the world you managed to die to the vast majority of the stuff in there.

The goal I set for myself was to have vMA cleared before September. Pending any IRL setbacks, I think I'm going to make it!

Nice story man. :) if you made it that far you'll do it for sure... on my side, the tricky part was a lot when you go on up phase with last boss... dots where killing me.. but i'm amaze how easy you do it on your templar, i suck so much on mine i gave up trying and run it wither on my NB, warden or sorc... i love my Warden... 6 is the one i die most of the time.... as for vampire, i feed to keep stage 1, i should try let it all go and see how it goes i guess...

Feanor wrote: »
    It's a place where you can develop a love/hate relationship with pretty easily. I still fondly remember the great feeling that first clear was though.

Hell yeah, i loved that feeling lol I'm now looking for that feeling for when i'l be able to flawless it :S
    Edited by Insandros on August 9, 2017 4:14PM
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After ignoring the content completely for almost a year, since I've bought the DLC as part of the bundle I, decided to give it a go. I still die a lot but I'm getting better at memorizing the spawns and priority targets. Reached 9th arena on 2 of my chars and the 6th with my 3rd one. I only practice it for 1-1.5h/day but I don't really consider it a priority at this point. I'm expecting the first clear this week. I'm not very experienced as DD since I've mostly tanked since I joined the game but I want to learn it as I go along. On my DK I didn't even bother to gear up specifically: I just go in in my PvP 2H/Bow MA setup. Not great sustained DPS but high burst, mobility, heal and mitigation, and no need to use up pots.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • hitman2nine
    hitman2nine
    ✭✭
    Insandros wrote: »
    Yeah 4 more runs today. 2 SNB, 1 powered axe, 1 nirn greatsword. 2 of the runs were leaderboard runs so hopefully I'll get something decent from those 2 come Sunday.Sunday. Lol

i'll pray for you :) i got crap this sunday from both leaderboard :(

EDIT: My 4 runs today were, 3x resto staff (different traits) and 1x precise lightning (finaly)

Well there was light at the end of the tunnel. Sharp inferno just dropped for me. I knew it was going be something good after I beat it though because it was by far one of the worst runs I have been in since I started this process. Welp back to the grind for me. Good luck the rest of the week gang.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got pretty close last night on my sorc, crystals broken, and boss brought at about 25% but I did something wrong. I do break the crystals more often now and don't get knocked down. It's simply a game of memorizing the spawns and knowing when to time your ults. Once I start performing well on my sorc, meaning ~1h runs, I'll consider it doing on other classes. I've prioritized vMA, by actually leaving my trials guild so I can concentrate on just this and the daily maintenance routine.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Options
  • hitman2nine
    hitman2nine
    ✭✭

Asardes wrote: »
    I got pretty close last night on my sorc, crystals broken, and boss brought at about 25% but I did something wrong. I do break the crystals more often now and don't get knocked down. It's simply a game of memorizing the spawns and knowing when to time your ults. Once I start performing well on my sorc, meaning ~1h runs, I'll consider it doing on other classes. I've prioritized vMA, by actually leaving my trials guild so I can concentrate on just this and the daily maintenance routine.

Are you grabbing the defensive sig when you drop down? When I was first learning what I had to do was as soon as i fell I would grab the speed and defense sig's. Doing that should allow you enough time to grab the three gold ghost so that you can stun and nuke the boss down. Keep at it because it does get better.

Options
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did it for.the experience, but until there is a way to, at very least, slowly struggle your way to getting the items you want, I'm done. Video games are meant to be fun, and I have tons of it without the most optimal gear. On the other hand, I have fun taken from my spirit when inhale to do this stupid battle test over and over again, just to end up a losing winner.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you grabbing the defensive sig when you drop down? When I was first learning what I had to do was as soon as i fell I would grab the speed and defense sig's. Doing that should allow you enough time to grab the three gold ghost so that you can stun and nuke the boss down. Keep at it because it does get better.

I did that and I grabbed the final ghost but got hit by something - probably one of the adds - exactly as I was activating the synergy. Boss was already near execute range. I had the destro ult readied. It's not difficult to manage that and I should be able to repeat it in a few days when I'll try again. I've decided to cut my training sessions to 1-2h/week in order to reduce my play time under 2.5h/day.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Options
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭

i'll pray for you :) i got crap this sunday from both leaderboard :(

EDIT: My 4 runs today were, 3x resto staff (different traits) and 1x precise lightning (finaly)

Well there was light at the end of the tunnel. Sharp inferno just dropped for me. I knew it was going be something good after I beat it though because it was by far one of the worst runs I have been in since I started this process. Welp back to the grind for me. Good luck the rest of the week gang.

@hitman2nine
    Oh grats man :) Always a good feeling when getting a good trait weapon we are after with those drop rates.. :)

@Asardes
    nice progress man. :) keep it up! If i did it you can 10 timees more. :) I did that fight with progression as well, first i had a hard time going trough first phase, kept dieing when Crem. Guard ame.. then it moved to upstairs phase, kept dieing there.. it then moved down again, i was getting skrewed by not going fast to grab yellow ghosts.. i now learned my lesson, stay close or ready to get close to the boss cuz usualy ghosts spwns close to where he TP. :) i've learned, even though once in a while i miss one... but no more the *** grabs 3 of them lol

klowdy1 wrote: »
    I did it for.the experience, but until there is a way to, at very least, slowly struggle your way to getting the items you want, I'm done. Video games are meant to be fun, and I have tons of it without the most optimal gear. On the other hand, I have fun taken from my spirit when inhale to do this stupid battle test over and over again, just to end up a losing winner.

@klowdy1
    Totaly agree.. at first i tried it to get weapons, then at a point it became a matter of beating the place, my goal was beating it and skrew weapons, i'm done with the place after i ran it... then the place became easy in sorta way... and my main buddy i play with and run group stuff with went night shift.. so on evening, while getting a bit bored, i start runing that place.... so now i run it because i am addicted to it, and aiming to get maybe one day Flawless.... but i mostly ither die once by clumsyness or often for some reason in stage 7. :)
    Edited by Insandros on August 10, 2017 11:50AM
    Options
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly how i do it right now, since i don't mind using sigil, i even grab damage sigil on start, i get behind the damage sigil, buffing, when sigil spwn grab it, then drop aoe and crank heavy attack etc.. i try to bring him to 70% before he tp, or close to it when he did, sometimes i even do it before crem guard spawn, or i end up killing the clan on pods fast enough than i ignore the crem guard coming to me and use portal... since my dps is average in vMA sigil on this fight does help me..
    Options
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok, i don't know why, but for some *** reasons, since 2-3 days, i'm having trouble beating stage 7... as i'm always getting bad RNG or ***.. i used to be able to clear this ine no death, now it can takes me 4 tries just for that, specialy last boss, wth...
    Edited by Insandros on August 10, 2017 12:18PM
    Options
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol just got my 5th lightning staff since i started to run the place, 63 times, out of those 5, 3 where charged, the worste trait forr vMA staff enchant... coincidence? :) Or just bad karma :0
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nice progress man. :) keep it up! If i did it you can 10 timees more. :) I did that fight with progression as well, first i had a hard time going trough first phase, kept dieing when Crem. Guard ame.. then it moved to upstairs phase, kept dieing there.. it then moved down again, i was getting skrewed by not going fast to grab yellow ghosts.. i now learned my lesson, stay close or ready to get close to the boss cuz usualy ghosts spwns close to where he TP. :) i've learned, even though once in a while i miss one... but no more the *** grabs 3 of them lol

I actually catch boss, healer and daedroth together and just cast blockade, liquid, and lightning rage over them while weaving a heavy lightning and watch the latter 2 melt, and the boss go right to center because it's already at 70. I only die to the daedroth if I happen to be knocked down by the skull bomb because I don't block it in time or got stunned by meteors. Generally I do the crystals in one go because with harness up the DoT is almost negligible. I actually take my time and load ult on the crystals so I have another one ready when I go down so I can start burning the boss at once. I actually know what to do very well, but I need to practice it so I get it right with some degree of certainty.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Options
  • hitman2nine
    hitman2nine
    ✭✭
    lol just got my 5th lightning staff since i started to run the place, 63 times, out of those 5, 3 where charged, the worste trait forr vMA staff enchant... coincidence? :) Or just bad karma :0

Charged really isn't that bad if you are running the blockade HA build. It's not sharp or precise, but I have noticed that it proc's off balance way more which gives way more damage on attacks. I put it on in a vet dungeon with a bud that is learning mag dk and he noticed that it helped him with his burn as well because of his flame lash constantly proc'n from off balance. It's not the greatest trait, but it's usable. Keep it because you never know with zos.
    Options
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭

I actually catch boss, healer and daedroth together and just cast blockade, liquid, and lightning rage over them while weaving a heavy lightning and watch the latter 2 melt, and the boss go right to center because it's already at 70. I only die to the daedroth if I happen to be knocked down by the skull bomb because I don't block it in time or got stunned by meteors. Generally I do the crystals in one go because with harness up the DoT is almost negligible. I actually take my time and load ult on the crystals so I have another one ready when I go down so I can start burning the boss at once. I actually know what to do very well, but I need to practice it so I get it right with some degree of certainty.

Yep destro staff ult deos help, makes it easier, but i love my bear, so gotta manage something else than using a huge aoe ult. :) Gotta put my priorities at the right place, but now it's mostly a piece of cake, only time i die is because i rolldodge in a white ghost like a dumb potatoe while beating the crap of the daedroth :) but usualy the boss goes up without leaving the center. but using the damage sigil, which i don't care, i'll never be top score and it ain't my goal at all since i totaly suck at solo content. :)
    Edited by Insandros on August 10, 2017 2:45PM
    Options
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭

Charged really isn't that bad if you are running the blockade HA build. It's not sharp or precise, but I have noticed that it proc's off balance way more which gives way more damage on attacks. I put it on in a vet dungeon with a bud that is learning mag dk and he noticed that it helped him with his burn as well because of his flame lash constantly proc'n from off balance. It's not the greatest trait, but it's usable. Keep it because you never know with zos.

yep i keep them all, since next patch i'm sure all trait will be all close together.
    Options
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beat it last night. Took me about 30 tries lol. I kept derping on the Crystal Phase. I'd either Dodge Roll into the Stupid or I'd run out of Stam trying to get to the Wall and get blasted off.

I beat it on the first shot at the phase after the Crystals. Took the Defensive Sigil and got the 3 Golden Skulls. Grabbed the Power Sigil. Waited for the big Add Spawn, froze them, went HAM on the Boss + Add and Jesus Beamed to the finish line.

I got a Precise Bow.

I'm going to run it again tonight and put together a "complete run" in one sitting. :)
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    Options
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    nine9six wrote: »
    Beat it last night. Took me about 30 tries lol. I kept derping on the Crystal Phase. I'd either Dodge Roll into the Stupid or I'd run out of Stam trying to get to the Wall and get blasted off.

I beat it on the first shot at the phase after the Crystals. Took the Defensive Sigil and got the 3 Golden Skulls. Grabbed the Power Sigil. Waited for the big Add Spawn, froze them, went HAM on the Boss + Add and Jesus Beamed to the finish line.

I got a Precise Bow.

I'm going to run it again tonight and put together a "complete run" in one sitting. :)

Awesome, grats :)
    Options
  • hitman2nine
    hitman2nine
    ✭✭
    @nine9six gratz.

Run this morning yielded a sharp ice staff. That's two sharps back to back so hoping the 3rd leads to a lighting staff or a good trait battle axe.
    Options
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    @nine9six gratz.

Run this morning yielded a sharp ice staff. That's two sharps back to back so hoping the 3rd leads to a lighting staff or a good trait battle axe.

Horn of the reach next week... we'll be overwhealmed by sharpened now :)
    Edited by Insandros on August 10, 2017 3:48PM
    Options
  • hitman2nine
    hitman2nine
    ✭✭
    @Insandros right. Lol. I'll still use with pride though. Worked to hard for em.
    Options
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Insandros right. Lol. I'll still use with pride though. Worked to hard for em.

@hitman2nine you bet! lol i even worked hard to get it, learning the place gave me such headache, frustrations, i so use them with pride, that since i only have my back bar one i use yet, i travel around with my second bar active to show off the staff lol
    Options