Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A few inconsistencies with vvardenfell wild life

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
iwck6nv6j8cg.png
here you can see a common blue netch baby, along with the parent

all instances of a non blue colored netch (red and green) is met with a blue netch bull parent

p2o3auxh2fds.png
0djsnv4dq6du.png

Is this because zos has yet to have added a new model and plan to add a new model for full grown netches with their different colors? or do full grown netches lose their original colors from when they were small? if not please include netch parents of the same color as their offspring whom are green or red in vvardenfell as it would help add some variety to the zone. Edit:

as of right now all that is know is that the different colored netches are exclusive to that area in vvardenfell according to the pet description. like green ones are found in northern vvardenfell near west gash and red ones are found in the south eastern Ashland area of vvardenfell where there is lava.

and also on last weeks luxary vendor

f3xiunxa9fm9.png

all glowstalks listed here are listed as vvardenfell stalks but however, I have explored all around vvardenfell and have yet to have encountered any glowstalks in the zone... but they do appear to be all over deshaan and mournhold. please update vvardenfell by adding glowstalks to keep the furnishing true to the name (and increasing the diversity of vvardenfell's alien vegetation) and go ahead and add green glowstalks in the same area green netches appear and red glowstalks the area red netch babys appear to signify where the glowstalk grows.

any lore information on this? @enodoc @Lawrence_Schick
Edited by Aliyavana on August 2, 2017 11:11AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even know where the idea of different-coloured netches came from in the first place.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭
    The netches aren't really an inconsistency. It just seems that no matter what color they could start out as, they mature into the standard netch color.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Much like many animals, babies aren't the same color as the mother.

proud-cat-mommies-351__605.jpg
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non blue netches are just a thing to sell pets to players. We don't really need red or green mature netches unless the story calls for one/some. Eg an Ashlander hires you to find a nest of rare red netches so she can see if their hides have rare alchemical properties
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The netches aren't really an inconsistency. It just seems that no matter what color they could start out as, they mature into the standard netch color.

I wonder if this is canon tho, is there actual dialogue or lorebooks to state this is the case? or have the devs yet to have added a model of a colored netch as of yet

as of right now all that is know is that the different colored netches are exclusive to that area in vvardenfell according to the pet description. like green ones are found in northern vvardenfell near west gash and red ones are found in the south eastern Ashland area of vvardenfell where there is lava.
    Edited by Aliyavana on August 2, 2017 10:46AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    syga4ruas10s.png
    o86pr99dkbtr.png

You can see that netches color are dependant on region. some new added lore and makes netches a bit more interesting and pretty to look at atleast imo, But... if they are their own species then it is clear that their full grown netch forms are missing their intended color. @Lawrence_Schick any chance you can pass this on to the devs? and @ZOS_GinaBruno for the love of netch potes please fix the netches!

and yah
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I don't even know where the idea of different-coloured netches came from in the first place.

its newely added lore where netch color can be influenced by their region, along with their behavior. see the description on the green netch pet.

Edited by Aliyavana on August 2, 2017 11:09AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

its newely added lore where netch color can be influenced by their region, along with their behavior. see the description on the green netch pet.

It's newly added lore where the color of the netch can be influenced by the color of the currency used to buy it? :trollface:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's newly added lore where the color of the netch can be influenced by the color of the currency used to buy it? :trollface:

id totally buy a golden netch xD
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the title and hoped this thread was going to answer the question of why there are Nixads in Vvardenfell. I didn't find the answer I sought, but I'm not disappointed in the slightest. I'm all for equal representation of all colors of netch. XD
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and also on last weeks luxary vendor

f3xiunxa9fm9.png

all glowstalks listed here are listed as vvardenfell stalks but however, I have explored all around vvardenfell and have yet to have encountered any glowstalks in the zone... but they do appear to be all over deshaan and mournhold. please update vvardenfell by adding glowstalks to keep the furnishing true to the name (and increasing the diversity of vvardenfell's alien vegetation)

The luxury furniture vender should be ashamed of causing total Vvarenfell glowstalk deforestation :(
    Master Craftsman!
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we'll see different colored adult netches if they release a floating netch mount... xD

But really you bring up an interesting point, I had not even noticed there was a discrepancy but you're right. I wonder if this will spawn some new lore to explain why the adults of certain color morphs are harder to find than the young.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the title and hoped this thread was going to answer the question of why there are Nixads in Vvardenfell. I didn't find the answer I sought, but I'm not disappointed in the slightest. I'm all for equal representation of all colors of netch. XD

3rd era ashstorms wipeout many of vvardenfells wildlife
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was that actually a line in the old game, or just an after the fact justification?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was that actually a line in the old game, or just an after the fact justification?
    Nah it's from one of the pre-MMOrrowind articles.
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/25967
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*Raises hand timidly* I might be missing something, but I'm not getting how this explains why there are Nixads, in Vvardenfell, in Second Era ESO? Like, in ESO we have...Nixads in the Gold Coast, and then Nixads in Vvardenfell--which are on completely opposite sides of Tamriel. And I can't think of any/many Nixads in between? Which makes me wonder if there's some lore reason for it, like, "Gold Coast traders carrying exotic creatures like Nixads to sell as pets in Vvardenfell become shipwrecked off the coast of the island, losing their entire cargo. Some Nixads escaped to land and began breeding, and Gold Coast Nixads have been found in the wild in Vvardenfell ever since."
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on August 9, 2017 2:11PM
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*Raises hand timidly* I might be missing something, but I'm not getting how this explains why there are Nixads, in Vvardenfell, in Second Era ESO? Like, in ESO we have...Nixads in the Gold Coast, and then Nixads in Vvardenfell--which are on completely opposite sides of Tamriel. And I can't think of any/many Nixads in between? Which makes me wonder if there's some lore reason for it, like, "Gold Coast traders carrying exotic creatures like Nixads to sell as pets in Vvardenfell become shipwrecked off the coast of the island, losing their entire cargo. Some Nixads escaped to land and began breeding, and Gold Coast Nixads have been found in the wild in Vvardenfell ever since."

i mean you can find all sorts of creatures in multiple regions. it feels right to have nixad on vvardenfell. would make more sense to me that they are from morrowind and got transported to the gold coast.