Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Item transfer between characters?

Johnny_NO_skillz
Johnny_NO_skillz
✭✭✭
So I've discovered I can't mail items between characters, which makes the idea of having a "crafting character" sort of pointless. Am I missing something or do the devs simply not want us doing this?

Is there a way to transfer items between characters on the same account? Is there personal (non-guild) banking, that is shared between characters?

If not, that sort of sucks! I would have to have to spend 5 hours each on every new character, spamming "WTB Racial Motifs" JUST to get all of them again for an alt :( This will be even harder a year or two down the road when there won't be as many players... :(

I also put a fierce amount of time leveling up my Black Smithing skill - not the most entertaining few hours I've had with the game >_> I'd not not have to do it for every heavy armored alt I make.

I don't see why it's such a big deal, it's not like I'm getting free mats - all the mats I use for my alts would be on one character...
Edited by Johnny_NO_skillz on April 11, 2014 7:33AM
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    There is a bank feature, find them in cities, you can deposit into your own personal bank and all your characters can access it, its the same bank for guilds but there is a personal spacee for use by you, its ideal for crafting, i usually empty my main when inventory is tight and put it all in bank then use my crafter to break it down and get materials, i think there is a bank in most cities
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • Johnny_NO_skillz
    Johnny_NO_skillz
    ✭✭✭
    Tiyamel wrote: »
    There is a bank feature, find them in cities, you can deposit into your own personal bank and all your characters can access it, its the same bank for guilds but there is a personal spacee for use by you, its ideal for crafting, i usually empty my main when inventory is tight and put it all in bank then use my crafter to break it down and get materials, i think there is a bank in most cities

Omg! This made my night <3 you're my hero!
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful, there's currently a very serious bug which has emptied the banks of many players, even when they were simply switching characters.

Be aware, it's not really possible to have a 'crafting character' in the sense of a 'mule' as in other games, you need to acquire Skill Points in order to level crafting and those can only be earned by leveling in the world.
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Be careful, there's currently a very serious bug which has emptied the banks of many players, even when they were simply switching characters.

Be aware, it's not really possible to have a 'crafting character' in the sense of a 'mule' as in other games, you need to acquire Skill Points in order to level crafting and those can only be earned by leveling in the world.

i have a "crafting character" and yes you need to get skill points from levelling and skyshards, i admit its a little gimped, but still able to fight, it makes some quests more of a challenge than when i completed with my main first, but i like that lol
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, I get that, I was just noting that unlike, say, LOTRO, you can't have a level 1 crafter that can craft all tiers in the game which some folks would refer to a 'crafting mule'.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Sure, I get that, I was just noting that unlike, say, LOTRO, you can't have a level 1 crafter that can craft all tiers in the game which some folks would refer to a 'crafting mule'.

What are the actual limitations? If you have the gear, your level[whatever] with the appropriate "perks" should be able to craft stuff beyond it's[the crafter alt] current level. Or am I mistaken?

Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • EternalDiva
    EternalDiva
    ✭✭✭
    Bank features are too limiting and cost to much to upgrade. I want to be able to MAIL my alts just as I do in other games. I have 4 alts because I play them all different. Its ridiculous to expect each toon to learn all the same things. Id rather have each one master a thing because its simply to hard to advance in any of the cradts other than provisioning which tops out at 50. So Id like to, for example, send the provisioning items to my other alts who can still advance. I dont have room in the bank for one toon to save items for crafting let alone 4 and Ive advance my toons bags as far as I can considering upgrading them costs over 11000 when you reach a certain point. the only other game Ive found that is this limiting with regard to storage and sharing between toons is Guild wars and I stopped playing it out of this kind of frustration and limitation.

I dunno. maybe I need a break from ESO. Im finding so many things frustrating with regard to craft leveling and storage that I might as well go back to Warcraft where I can share between alts with regard to mail and my guild.

Ill keep my eye on things here though. I know ESO is trying to improve things. after all wow was super frustrating when I started playing it in 2004. So I guess it will take ESO some time to flesh out too. Really like the direction newest updates when in. Hoping for more.
  • jaibierwb17_ESO
    jaibierwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bank features are too limiting and cost to much to upgrade. I want to be able to MAIL my alts just as I do in other games.

The only way to do this is to mail the items to someone you trust and have them return them to you. It's easiest if they have an addon that returns mails automatically. But once you get to higher levels you acquire plenty of gold, and it's not hard to upgrade your bank to make it easier to transfer items between alts. Just don't fill it with junk weapons and armour and you'll have plenty of space.
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ran my crafter up to vet 1 ( so as to have access to craglorn craftign station). She does all my crafting except for alchemy and provisioning ( i wanted those on my main so as to receive the buffs from the craftign line in each). She stil can fight and wears gear but all I use her for is crafting.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • bigshotfancypants
    bigshotfancypants
    Soul Shriven
    I have made a trade with another player for a dwemer shoulder motif and I have been waiting for 2 days so far for it to arrive
    Does anyone know why?
  • Mrtunney
    Mrtunney
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe it's just me but I find it better to spread crafting across my first few toons. For example, starting with a sorcerer and learning enchanting, tailoring and say alchemy. Next toon will be melee so will be learning smithing, provisions and so on
  • dalegarrett95
    dalegarrett95
    Soul Shriven
    I know this is like 2 years old now. But, I only got the game last month. Anyway.

I'm not sure if You're aware, But you can now become an ESO plus member. Its bit of money which kinda does suck. Considering if you're a console player, you are already paying for online gaming :L but, you get a craft bag, which is shared across all charectors on that server. Available as long as your money keeps coming in. It is very helpful as its unlimited storage for crafting mats. Like wood and ore. Or alch and enchanting. Again I appreciate that this post is 2 years old. But I thought I'd mention it anyway in case anyone finds this one and is thinking of trying the game or I'd thinking of returning to the game :)

I'll admit though, I am not a crafter. I have found that a lot of gear I have either came from dolems and bosses. Or quests. :L but i still find myself grabbing the mats I find along the way. Maybe I may start crafting stuff mkre often.. Or maybe I'll just stockpile in my craft bag in case I come across players who require certain mats :)

Oh. I almost forgot. With ESO plus. You get something like 500 crowns a month. The day you purchased ESO plus. Is the day You'll get your monthly crowns for the duration of your subscription. the game itself is F2P however you can spend money for stuff in the in game store. you also get access to all past DLC and I believe the new ones as they release. Not sure tbh. Morrowind is classed as an "expansion" and requires real money to purchase. However the DLC. Like imperial city are free when you have ESO plus :)