The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting cp160 bug??? Mat problem

ValkyrieVega
Is anyone else having a problem when crafting cp160 gear from anywhere? When I go to craft the cp160 gear it turns red in the mat amount area, and believe me I have more than enough mats. And when I try to go down it only drops it to CP 150. I've tried it on every weapon, armor, etc same thing. Help please!!!
  • catch22atplay
    catch22atplay
    ✭✭
    cp160 gear cost 10 times the amount of mats as the cp150 gear. If that doesn't answer your question then i got no idea.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP160 IS the next step down, but uses the same mats.

Can you make CP150? If no, then you need to put a skill point into crafting that tier.
    Are you on your alt who cant make it? Get on your crafte.
    Are you trying to make a set item that requires X item traits researched? You need to do some more research.

Err... thats all I can think of for now..
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • ValkyrieVega
    Thanks for replying. Yes I can make cp150, and I know all traits on everything except nirnhoned. But I've tried set items, regular items and it's asking me to use all my mats. For example: to make a cp150 item it's 13(or so) rubedite ingots but when I move the amount up to cp160 it's wanting 130 ingots and it's in red, and the strange thing is I have the mats to cover it. I have all of my crafting skills maxed out, I'm at 10 in clothing, blacksmithing, and woodworking. And I'm getting the same thing in all three of these crafts
  • ValkyrieVega
    @catch22atplay I can totally understand that but when I've got the mats to cover it is what's confusing me.
  • ValkyrieVega
    @Darlgon Thanks for replying. Yes I can make cp150, and I know all traits on everything except nirnhoned and I'm working on that But I've tried set items, regular items and it's asking me to use all my mats. For example: to make a cp150 item it's 13(or so) rubedite ingots but when I move the amount up to cp160 it's wanting 130 ingots and it's in red, and the strange thing is I have the mats to cover it. I have all of my crafting skills maxed out, I'm at 10 in clothing, blacksmithing, and woodworking. And I'm getting the same thing in all three of these crafts
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have the mats, check the style motif that it is set on. Do you have that? Have you put skill points into crafting in order to be able to craft 160 armor?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • ValkyrieVega
    @Hippie4927 I've tried it on every style Motif I have. And my crafting skills are maxed out at 10. I have more than enough mats than what it's asking for to craft the gear but it's showing it in red like I don't have the mats. I understand just like @catch22atplay said cp160 takes a lot more mats but I have them it just won't let me use them. And I went to several different crafting stations just in case one was bugged.
  • catch22atplay
    catch22atplay
    ✭✭
    Disable addons if you use any and try again. Or update addons. I'm at a loss otherwise. Never had that bug.
  • ValkyrieVega
    Well I'm on Xbox so I finally just powered it down and held in the power button to reset it. And for whatever reason after I did that everything was back to normal. I'm not sure what happened but I do appreciate everyone's input. Thanks!! :)
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm on Xbox so I finally just powered it down and held in the power button to reset it. And for whatever reason after I did that everything was back to normal. I'm not sure what happened but I do appreciate everyone's input. Thanks!! :)

probably unrelated, but I noted on XBOX last night that some improved items disappeared for a while right after being improved... showed up 10 minutes later, right before I opened a ticket.

XBOX NA servers still trash.