Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hakkvild's High Hall

Aegonnn
Aegonnn
✭✭✭
Well, this is what I was waiting for with housing, a big nord mansion, and its ruined. The outside is great so dont worry about that, but the inside is the most half a**** interior. There is a similar building in Riften at a place called Nimalten where the Jarl and Aera Earthturner's quests are, and it has 4 bedrooms and 2 HUGE and awesome spaces both up and downstairs but yet we get this terrible small ONE ROOM (ffs) and with a terrible 2nd floor section which has a large part of it that WE CANT EVEN GET TOOOOO (and yet they put furniture over there)!! I dont understand what you guys (zos) were thinking using this building for this house. I doubt you guys will change the building and leave it as is (typical zos) but please reconsider and use the model you already have in game (at Nimalten) and make this house worth it. Having my kitchen, bedroom, and whatever else i wanted to do in this place in ONE ROOM is awful. Why zos... why?
Grand Overlord DK - EP
Havöc and Dracarys
  • butternutbutt
    butternutbutt
    ✭✭
    Agreed. I've so been waiting for an awesome Nord manse like the ones in game, why can't we just have something nice??? I want individual rooms, jerks!
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshots, please?
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez, they can't even copy/ paste well. GG Zo$.
    PC-NA
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So no Fallowstone hall for us? *sigh* Zeni, for the love of the Eight, can you just COPY PASTE the Fallowstone hall in the north of Rift? You've already done it for the first TG quest, same exact model. Seriously, that one is the hands down best Nord thing in game and arguably best home, period. JUST COPY PASTE IT ALREADY PLEASE. No need for new special interior or anything, just leave as is. I'd even pay crowns for it if I had too.

On bright side, if that's true I suppose I can keep getting filthy rich without much to really spend gold on. Nearly 4 million and counting :p
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a copy/paste of a boss room/house in Falkreath Hold dungeon.

Two problems I noticed:

1. The room behind the gate in the crypts - I want to be able to go in there! (if we can't why not just have a cave-in or something rather than an enticing room...
    2. The balcony inside the main house is....atrocious. The door to get up there isn't that obvious as there aren't really doors in that spot in other Nord style homes so I ran past it several times. Then it only allows access to HALF of the balcony floor. Also, the railings at the ends of the balconies have no collision.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aegonnn wrote: »
    Well, this is what I was waiting for with housing, a big nord mansion, and its ruined. The outside is great so dont worry about that, but the inside is the most half a**** interior. There is a similar building in Riften at a place called Nimalten where the Jarl and Aera Earthturner's quests are, and it has 4 bedrooms and 2 HUGE and awesome spaces both up and downstairs but yet we get this terrible small ONE ROOM (ffs) and with a terrible 2nd floor section which has a large part of it that WE CANT EVEN GET TOOOOO (and yet they put furniture over there)!! I dont understand what you guys (zos) were thinking using this building for this house. I doubt you guys will change the building and leave it as is (typical zos) but please reconsider and use the model you already have in game (at Nimalten) and make this house worth it. Having my kitchen, bedroom, and whatever else i wanted to do in this place in ONE ROOM is awful. Why zos... why?

I agree! If you have to complete the two dungeons on vet mode, (as they said in their twitch live) to be able to purchase it with gold, (3,800,000 gold), we should get more than a main house with only one room! I was looking forward to purchasing this house, furnished with crowns, until I previewed it today. I won't be spending gold and especially not real money to purchase this house. It is a real disappointment. Like you said @Aegonnn, if it looked like the Thane's Hall in Nimalten, I would purchase it, but as it stands now, it's not even worth 500g to me.

Zos copied "The Shining Star" in Coldharbour for the Linchal Grand Manor (Imperial) and just added a huge courtyard and perimeter wall, why can't they "copy" the Thane's Hall in Nimalten and give us a big Nord mansion as well?
    Edited by Lady_Rosabella on July 31, 2017 9:54PM
  • Nikalja
    Nikalja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this Thread I post a few Screens......missing more Rooms like Bedroom....this is my own Creations for more Rooms......

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/360064/mehr-haeuser-im-stil-der-nord#latest
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be buying it because of the outdoor area but I agree. Now I understand wanting to make it like a hall, and less of a home. That said, I agree. Make the interior the thane's hall from Nimalten.
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible as house for living. However, I think, can be great as guildhall with several sets of craft stations; target skeletons and place for duels outdoor; and just few decorative "restrooms".

Balcony should be fixed, anyway.
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a couple of big problems I have with this that I really hope will be addressed before this goes live.

The first and most important is that, from the original pictures posted by ZOS to hype the patch, the manse -looked- very much from the exterior like the Thane's hall in Nimalten. There is not much point in being Thane if all you have is a grand hall and a graveyard. Where exactly is the lord of the manor meant to sleep? Where do the servants sleep? Where do they cook? Where do his guards and Housecarls sleep and train? The hall looks nice, but you don't have the stairs up to it like you do in the Mages guild variants of the model. There isn't even a basement level with those kinds of rooms. Yes, the location is stunning, but the house itself is lacking sorely and really, should have used the interior of the Thane's hall in Nimalten. If you had used this interior, coupled with the amazing scenery, I would have been prepared to drop the crowns on it that I haven't been remotely tempted to spend on any other houses, because I have been waiting for a Nimalten hall ever since I first saw it. @Nikalja's screenshots show nicely what can be accomplished, but with only 700 item slots you will use up half of your item allowance just making the sorts of rooms the location -should- have and you have to sacrifice the view off the balcony to do it.

Which brings me to point two. The 700 item limit is not enough. The amount of room in this particular location is massive, if you include the barrow and the towers. The location has a hefty price tag, there should be an additional item allowance, OR separate item limits for each "zone" of the location. I'm sure people are tired of asking for this by now, but we really do need additional item limits. Perhaps if we had the ability to "group" items together (i.e., if we create a table set with items we want to put on it like plates with meals) and then move the group as a single unit that might help, especially if the mesh was reduced around it...I don't know how it works internally, but there has to be some way to improve this.

My third and final point is that, again, for the price tag, given that all the other large halls have titles added to them, this house really ought to have the title "Thane" associated with its purchase. I'm really surprised that it doesn't, especially with the Thane costume coming up in the crown store. I'm sure this is an oversight, but it would really add to the allure of the location if it had a title.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober
    Please do feedback to the design team all the requests regarding this location, Skyrim has a huge popularity and I am sure it's not too late to address at least the point about the interior of the place before it goes live. If this is ignored, you'd be shooting yourselves in the foot by disappointing the many people who (like me) were hugely excited by the first artwork of the location and are now feeling a bit short-changed.
    PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. The interior is appalling for the cost, it doesn't match the other buildings in-game with that exterior model (except the dungeon final boss room, which is designed a boss room, not a functional building), and you can't get on half of the balcony.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also agree with all of the above. The house is lackluster and even though the view is pretty cool it's not worth 3.8 mil gold. It is also tied to a DLC to purchase to begin with that you need to pay for. I really hope that they consider lowering the price. It should be around the price of hundings in my opinion.
  • Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭
    I was really blown away by the yard and the barrow part. Sadly, I was super disappointed with the inside of the actual house. It looks lovely (and bigger) from the outside but once inside it is so small of a space that it will be difficult to work with. That said, there is a possibility to add on a second level due to the high ceilings and walkway but it will also cost you some valuable item spaces that you will most certainly need to decorate the large garden.

Someone mentioned that there is a door located on one of the second floor walkways inside the house. After investigating this, I found that the door leads you back down to the ground floor which is odd and makes me think that the house is not quite finished? Interestingly enough, when you buy the furnished version, there is furniture up there that is not accessible unless you add a ramp yourself. I really think instead of a door there should be stairs in that spot leading to both second floor walkways.

There is a lovely wooden deck and stone area around the outside of the house that could be used to make an outdoor living space. Unfortunately, I thought the house might have a basement or lower level because it sits upon a large stone wall but there is only a trapdoor that leads back down to the barrow tunnels which are long, narrow, and will be difficult to decorate. I agree with others that the gated room in the tunnels should be accessible. I also think this was another missed opportunity to put in a house with snow, which so many people have been asking for. Have any of you exited the home? The waterfalls and stream are so beautiful out there that I wish it all were included as part of the actual home area. Maybe I am asking too much at this point? :'(

Edit:
    It would also be nice if the high hall tower door led up to a trapdoor instead of an enclosed door which takes up most of the space in the middle of the upper tower level and leaves you with basically a walkway instead of a nice open space and look out spot.
    Edited by Haruspex on August 1, 2017 6:26PM
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haruspex wrote: »
    It was mentioned in another post that there is an unaccessible door located on the small balcony level of the house interior, which is odd and makes me think that it is not quite finished yet? Lastly, I think this was another missed opportunity to put in a house with snow, which so many people have been asking for.

If you love decorating garden areas then this house is for you :D
    Sadly, I am not sure if the price is justified even with the large yard and barrow.

The door located on the small balcony is accessible by taking the door downstairs located in between the foyer and the large main room, There is a door on the right side to get up to the balcony , but not one on the left side.
  • Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭
    The door located on the small balcony is accessible by taking the door downstairs located in between the foyer and the large main room, There is a door on the right side to get up to the balcony , but not one on the left side.

That's really odd place for a door :|
    I also noticed that the railings around the walkway can be walked through on the ends but not the sides.
    Edited by Haruspex on August 1, 2017 4:55PM
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haruspex wrote: »

That's really odd place for a door :|
    I also noticed that the railings around the walkway can be walked through on the ends but not the sides.

Yes it is and the fact that when I purchased the house furnished on the PTS, there is furniture on the left catwalk but no door to get over there to them. Poorly built and def. not worth the price in gold!
  • Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is and the fact that when I purchased the house furnished on the PTS, there is furniture on the left catwalk but no door to get over there to them. Poorly built and def. not worth the price in gold!

I can see most people building on a second floor since there isn't very much space inside the home but there are high ceilings. The railings might make it look a bit strange though unless you raise the floor level. The fact that you can run through the end railings makes me feel like it was poorly designed..and possibly not finished. I think there should be stairs where the door is located. Honestly, I see no need for a door at all, just a small hallway of stairs that goes up to the walkway and maybe one on the opposite side too. Perhaps they ran into some kind of problem with the layout or the door was put there last minute, as an afterthought.
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was super excited when I saw the datamine.

Then I caught the ESO Live tour and my heart broke a little but I still wanted to personally preview it.

I did yesterday and I'm gutted. It's just plain horrible, the house is terribly designed. No extra rooms. It's blah in the worst way possible.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Externals are amazing. Internals it's the worst home in the game.
    Seriously, what the hell.

As awesome as it looks, there is no way I'd buy this house in it's current state.
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was very excited about this too, the exterior is incredible, so I was expecting a HUGE manor when I opened that front door.

LOL @ the one room. Really??

The good news is this means I'll save some money. Not getting this one.
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • xwilhelm
    xwilhelm
    Soul Shriven
    I was expecting a worthy nord home after the insulting "large home" available. This is an even bigger disappointment. Sad because the outside was almost perfect.
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to agree with everything above. I was very excited to preview this home. The barrow & exterior are fantastic. I loved exploring there. Then when I went inside the main hall, I was left thinking "is that it?".

I'm feeling very disappointed and there's no way I'd pay 3.8 million gold on it, let alone real $$$ via crowns.

It's like finding Santa has left you nothing but a pair of socks. What a let down.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    The inside of this house is ridiculously bad. PLEASE ZOS make the interior better with more than one room, you don't even have to do work, I'd be happy with a copy paste from the interior of some of the existing nord large buildings, plenty of them have really nice interiors with more than one room! It's so sad because the outside is spectacular, really wish the inside matched it.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree! If you have to complete the two dungeons on vet mode, (as they said in their twitch live) to be able to purchase it with gold, (3,800,000 gold), we should get more than a main house with only one room! I was looking forward to purchasing this house, furnished with crowns, until I previewed it today. I won't be spending gold and especially not real money to purchase this house. It is a real disappointment. Like you said @Aegonnn, if it looked like the Thane's Hall in Nimalten, I would purchase it, but as it stands now, it's not even worth 500g to me.

Really, 3.8M, kinda on the high side for the small main building. I really liked the rampart area. That was very nice, as was the Stonehenge entrance to the catacombs. I also like the tie in with the dungeon story. However, the crypt area was just sort of strange. There were no real rooms, just a fragment of a passageway, a locked gate, and an odd little hatch that seemed very pasted on. I'm not sure what you would do with it. The main house was also disappointing. The interior poorly matches the exterior, has only one medium size room, all the loft area is just sort of strange and will require the user to try to make decent looking walkways. I like the concept of tying it into the dungeon stuff, this made it feel a bit more a part of the game than most houses but overall it felt kinda like a strange collage.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The inside of this house is ridiculously bad. PLEASE ZOS make the interior better with more than one room, you don't even have to do work, I'd be happy with a copy paste from the interior of some of the existing nord large buildings, plenty of them have really nice interiors with more than one room! It's so sad because the outside is spectacular, really wish the inside matched it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This interior is SOOOOOO bad it qualifies as a bug. Can we please have this revisited before too many people are bilked out of good money for this lame piece of crap?