The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Should I come back to this game?

• Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Diminish :
    Diminish wrote: »
    I've stopped playing for long periods of time in the past and always came back. It actually made the game quite refreshing again. This last time I came back a few weeks prior to Morrowind, and all I can say is it hasn't been a very positive experience.

With that said, and with the quality of the game obviously suffering way more now than I remembered in the past I cannot with a straight face recommend anyone come back to this game in its current state. Hopefully ZoS will get their *** together, and start addressing some of the major issues with the game. If I were a new player there is no way in hell I'd still be playing given the current state of the game. Unfortunately my time investment means something to me so (for now) I continue to hold hope for this game... It's getting harder and harder to do though.

I'm sorry you seem to be having a less than positive experience, but could you be more specific as to what your issues are and the platform you are playing on?
    I am a predominately PVE player on PC NA and have had little to no major issues since launch and I would wholeheartedly recommend the game to anyone.

My issues are the same issues that everyone else on the forums has brought to the attention of ZoS, and yet years later, only continue to worsen and multiply. Anyone who cannot see the issues plaguing this game either plays it casually which makes the issues less noticeable and easy to shrug off and forget about or just have really low expectations for a AAA product.
  • Fusiondk
    Fusiondk
    ✭✭
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    nah, not really anything special compared to any other MMORPG.

Most people just playing are waiting for a good MMORPG to come out.

This game is just another typical MMORPG, nothing special about this game compared to other MMORPGs.

MMORPGs will not ever have some big new thing again. It's a watered down genre now flooded with tons of things looking to make a quick buck.

Comes down to this: Play what theme you're interested in. There is Star Wars, WoW, Elder Scrolls, many JRPG based mmos etc.

Those looking for a certain scene in terms of competitive pvp and pve might be swayed outside their desired theme.
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is always PC, unless you have a bunch of friends that play on Xbox or PS4.
  • henrycupcakerwb17_ESO
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    nah, not really anything special compared to any other MMORPG.

Most people just playing are waiting for a good MMORPG to come out.

This game is just another typical MMORPG, nothing special about this game compared to other MMORPGs.

a typical mmo slapped with a charm elderscroll theme will do
    until Pantheon : rise of the fallen .......the everquest reincarnation beta release.............
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmcgibbo wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    mmcgibbo wrote: »
    I had a nightblade and a Templar healer

:| How well do you do with change? How did you play you characters? How do you feel about other classes giving stamina to allies?

My Templar I played a tank healer and my nightblade was a ganker basically. I can change characters and have him 50 in a day. I don't know what you mean about giving Stam to allies

:D You are good... I was talking about shards... but you don't seem to be obsessived over such things. Also I had assumed you played nightblade healer and templar healer (not tank). Now back on point, considering the next patch I believe the game has moved in a great direction. You won't have to fight luck to be competitive . So the game will feel less like a grind!

Housing is in a bit of decline, but now the materials and recipes are reasonably priced so you could enjoy a bit of decorating. Mind you still no mini games (a dream of mine)... so houses are more just for you.

Guild trader system has gotten filled with corruption, so make sure not to try to compete with one and just go join of of the best if you are looking for that.

Comestics are in a bit of a middle state. We have better quality items (good textures), but they aren't dying properly, so there's ongoing confused if this is to lead into buying crown dyes. Either way still no sign of transmog system so maybe next year.

Werewolves are on uprise ... in fact there's scary thing happing in the battlegrounds... you really don't want to meet them there. On that note there's a new set coming for them next patch and there weaving animation made easier , so I would watch for the full moon and join the pack!

Healer's are become quite diverse now. It's acceptable to have any class in a group. Though mind you dragon knights healers have been buffed morrowind patch and next one, so there skills are easier to use (cauriterzise and stonefist). Seeing a bit less nightblades in healing, though gankers still hide in cydrolli.. mind you don't get boost from sneak to critical anymore.

There's a lot of interesting sets throughout the world to use now. While mind you some are better in certain areas like battlegrounds.Speaking of battlegrounds there's talks of cheating leaderboard, by using mules... though nothing proven yet. Even so, pre-made groups tend to overwhelm random ones, especially in death matches. There's some pitter patter on about wishes for battlegrounds mode to have a choice, but zos says maybe in the future . Chaos ball will be fun to see whose top dog in healing. ... I personally can't wait.

Before I forget most zones are occupied for one reason or another. Dlc zones have dalies, riverspire, mal tor, and bankgorki have meta sets that people farm often.

Thieves are on the uprise with some of the rarest items coming from pockects of nobles and servents npcs. More items coming next patch too.

Sorrecer's have a lot of controversy about them for their aoe damage as of late along with somewhat distant compliants about them dying to mechs in trials. Some issues are scary like in vHRC where the pet is rumored to kill the owner (I am telling you it likely does) or an ally. There's some rumors about it chaining lighting.. but really can't be sure. @Wrobel said somewhere in the forums it's not stealing buffs anymore so yeah! Did I mention pet sorcs are a thing... yeah really interesting right... thought not as cute and adorable as wardens.

Wardens are still looking for there place in the world... but it's only been 2 months no? I see frost tank thing will be very nifty with them . Then a maybe dps wise it's a safer way to dps also let's not forget minor main 15% from blockade if it procs to enemies. This brings a bit more diversity to gameplay ... showing it's not just about highest numbers. Mind you still await more traps so nightblades can be useful in there sneaky self in pve.

So in conclusion just need mini games (bring mudballs balls back) or miscencious things to be added to eso. Afterwards mmorpg for 2018 or maybe 2017 of the year. ... oh yeah and some performance things need to be looked at... but @ZOS_GinaBruno said it's being looked at so maybe trials will be better and more open to others come next patch.. paving the way for trial group finder..........(

Also vDSA needs a save button... but maybe that's just me saying that.

P.S
    The newest dungeons are fun, reasonably in difficulty and very awe inspiring.
    Edited by Tasear on August 1, 2017 5:41AM