The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should I come back to this game?

mmcgibbo
mmcgibbo
✭✭✭
Just looking for opinions here really. I have a PC account with a few characters and about 450 cp and a PS4 account with about 280 cp and a couple of characters. Which platform is more populated and which platform do y'all think I should come back too. Any response helps I'm torn lol.
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pc
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC has the most lasting potential.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come back m8!
    PC/EU
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of character did you play?
  • mmcgibbo
    mmcgibbo
    ✭✭✭
    I had a nightblade and a Templar healer
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mmcgibbo wrote: »

You're not going to like my answer lol
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're thinking about it then go ahead and try. I like the PC version, but if you want go ahead and try both (assuming you still have the disks for them that is).
  • mmcgibbo
    mmcgibbo
    ✭✭✭

Well on PS4 I have a nightblade and a sorcerer and on pc I have a nightblade and a Templar and I think a dk not sure
  • mmcgibbo
    mmcgibbo
    ✭✭✭

Just give me your answer I want all info I can get ha
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:| How well do you do with change? How did you play you characters? How do you feel about other classes giving stamina to allies?
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The game's free to play after the initial cost. Hop back in on PC and give it a shot again. You'll find out really quick, whether you'd like to subscribe or purchase the rest of the DLC or not.

I wouldn't bother with PS4, console never does games like this justice.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well on PS4 I have a nightblade and a sorcerer and on pc I have a nightblade and a Templar and I think a dk not sure

If you come back to the game, play as your magsorc.

As far as platform goes, play both of them and see which one you prefer. I have it on both PC and PS4, and I prefer the console.
  • mmcgibbo
    mmcgibbo
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

:| How well do you do with change? How did you play you characters? How do you feel about other classes giving stamina to allies?

My Templar I played a tank healer and my nightblade was a ganker basically. I can change characters and have him 50 in a day. I don't know what you mean about giving Stam to allies
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to turn this into another "Class changes sux" thread, guys >_>

Anyways, @ OP, I think it's best to try out both platforms and see which one is more populated and to your liking. Welcome back
    Edited by Tryxus on July 31, 2017 9:52PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • mmcgibbo
    mmcgibbo
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Tryxus that's one thing I don't miss is those posts on this forum lol
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can handle frequent cases of mind-numbing incompetence from the under-qualified developers, then yes. Otherwise, find another game.
  • mmcgibbo
    mmcgibbo
    ✭✭✭
    TheMaster wrote: »
    If you can handle frequent cases of mind-numbing incompetence from the under-qualified developers, then yes. Otherwise, find another game.

I played the game for along time I'm used to it
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd choose PC because...Addons!!!
  • mmcgibbo
    mmcgibbo
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't pc have a problem with people botting and installing macros to get a pvp advantage?
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just returned after not playing for about 7 months, though I still checked the forums occasionally to see what was going on. Game is a little different, some things I think were a bit harshly nerfed, but oh well.
    I personally think playing on PC suits a little better, for myself anyway, because there is the ability to mod some of the little annoyances in this game.
    Like no search function in guild stores. Still. After all these years.
    EU / NA / PC
  • mmcgibbo
    mmcgibbo
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah you're right about that. I think I'm gonna go with my pc account
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    nah, not really anything special compared to any other MMORPG.

Most people just playing are waiting for a good MMORPG to come out.

This game is just another typical MMORPG, nothing special about this game compared to other MMORPGs.
    Edited by qsnoopyjr on July 31, 2017 11:15PM
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problems exist today that existed at launch. Well besides server stability. Server stability is actually much much worse.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you pvp or compete for leaderboards, stay away from pc. The macro CE meta looks like a nightmare.

If you enjoy questing with pretty graphics PC might be the way to go. Of course if you have a 2k+ rig that can handle higher then 30fps...
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No offense to the OP but I hate threads like this. OP already owns the game (on two platforms no less) so it doesn't cost anything to come on back and check it out for yourself. Besides, if you're posting about it, you already know you're going to try it.
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've stopped playing for long periods of time in the past and always came back. It actually made the game quite refreshing again. This last time I came back a few weeks prior to Morrowind, and all I can say is it hasn't been a very positive experience.

With that said, and with the quality of the game obviously suffering way more now than I remembered in the past I cannot with a straight face recommend anyone come back to this game in its current state. Hopefully ZoS will get their *** together, and start addressing some of the major issues with the game. If I were a new player there is no way in hell I'd still be playing given the current state of the game. Unfortunately my time investment means something to me so (for now) I continue to hold hope for this game... It's getting harder and harder to do though.
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easier to answer if you explain why you left and then we can tell you if things have changed since you quit the game
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Diminish :
    Diminish wrote: »
    I've stopped playing for long periods of time in the past and always came back. It actually made the game quite refreshing again. This last time I came back a few weeks prior to Morrowind, and all I can say is it hasn't been a very positive experience.

With that said, and with the quality of the game obviously suffering way more now than I remembered in the past I cannot with a straight face recommend anyone come back to this game in its current state. Hopefully ZoS will get their *** together, and start addressing some of the major issues with the game. If I were a new player there is no way in hell I'd still be playing given the current state of the game. Unfortunately my time investment means something to me so (for now) I continue to hold hope for this game... It's getting harder and harder to do though.

I'm sorry you seem to be having a less than positive experience, but could you be more specific as to what your issues are and the platform you are playing on?
    I am a predominately PVE player on PC NA and have had little to no major issues since launch and I would wholeheartedly recommend the game to anyone.